1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: WR Laurent Robinson to work out for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TheSport78, Sep 5, 2011.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    An "almost" is not a certainty...

:confused:
  2. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    I'm almost positive that bbgun is a Cowboy fan. You've see some of the best pictures of old time players that he posts.

He's just eccentric, hates anything Jerry, and is a Master of Dark Humor.

;)
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,258 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    My impression is he would play flanker and Miles in the slot.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I actually like him a lot as a #3 or 4.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Gotcha!! :D
  6. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    relax...its not Dez... :D
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,747 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    he's better than o-tree so if o-tree stays or get released I would still call this a improvement.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    My one complaint against Miles in the slot is that I don't think he has the hands for it. I think his hands are "slow" and he benefits from longer passes where his hands have more time to react.
  9. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,702 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I agree. There is no doubt about his fanship (if that's a word). I actually really enjoy both bbgun and Hoofbite.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    edit
    Maybe I'm not getting your point.:facepalm:
  11. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Based on the tape I've seen of the two, I think Otree is a more natural receiver who can run better routes. The problem with Otree is that he doesn't have the drive to match his potential.

I think some time on the unemployment line will serve him well. When he realizes that he can't do anything else in life to earn 1/8th of his football salary, he may get some new inspiration.

I'd bring him back next year for another look.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I actually wanted us to trade for him at one point. I'm glad we didn't now, but I still think he can be a good 3rd WR for us.
  13. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Decisions made are always a collective decisions.....Jerry gets input...moves are made. Jerry never removed himself from what he has always done here.

I dont know why that is so hard to understand......why does it always have to be....bad move = Jerry.....good move = Jerry gave up control ?
  14. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    this guy is a interesting pickup. he can easily take over the third wr spot for us. also the chargers offense is really not much different from the cowboys offense. so it would not take much time for him to get started with us. he probaly will not play until the 49ers game.
  15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ROBINSON FLASHES: Wide receiver Laurent Robinson was perfect against San Francisco, catching all six passes thrown his direction for 120 yards.

Robinson entered with one reception for 18 yards but consistently got behind the 49ers secondary and averaged 20.0 yards per catch.

“I just cleared my mind tonight and put everything on the line, had fun and played football like I know how to play,” Robinson said. “Scott (Tolzien) was putting the ball right on the money and made it easy to catch the ball.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Brothers-at-last/5149b874-c8c5-43e8-a555-345f6f50138d
  16. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,702 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's actually hit a new low. This move doesn't even appear to be a bad move unless they cut someone I don't want them to to make room.:D
  17. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Well, I do too...but their obsession with everything Jerry is just puzzling!

The only one worse was Bach!

:laugh2:
  18. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,806 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Interesting, but I haven't seen any of the Cowboys or NFL writers that I follow on Twitter pick up on this move yet.
  19. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    I don't know what's so puzzling about it. They're diehard Cowboys fans. Jerry's the reason why the team doesn't win anymore. Seems to me he'd be at the center of their attention.