1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: WR Laurent Robinson to work out for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TheSport78, Sep 5, 2011.

1. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,732 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Especially after signing a full back. I agree, Rucker is probably gone. I wouldn't mind him on the PS if he's eligible for it. He made some crunch time receptions in pre-season.
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    This guy is only coming in for a workout? Pfttt... Give me some real news when he is actually signed.
  3. 7footer

7footer Active Member

1,185 Messages
    0 Likes Received

His twitter says specifically "Going to the Dallas Cowboys! Thank you guys for all your support." This doesn't sound like "only a workout". I believe we've already worked out a deal.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Carry on...

Jerry is the Devil...i get it.

Just don't come around celebrating if/when the Cowboys do win another SB.

Fair enough?

:gent:
  5. Patton

Patton Benched

848 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hopefully this board will still be here in 40 years.
  6. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bringing in LaurentRobinson for a workout ....or better yet...signing him a contract. (probably both)

Is a solid move.....Ogletree is probably the odd man out. I really liked Ogletree but he seems to not have the drive to succeed. Just little things he does....just gives me that vibe.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,426 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I vote for Rucker. Replace him with this guy. Most logical decision. I think we keep Otree. Remember who our WR coach is. The guy that just came from a team with 14 wr's!
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    ⓘⓣ ⓢⓞⓤⓝⓓⓢ ⓣⓞ ⓜⓔ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓗⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓙⓤⓜⓟⓘⓝⓖ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓖⓤⓝ.. ⓟⓐⓢⓢ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓦⓞⓡⓚⓞⓤⓣ ⓟⓗⓐⓢⓔ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓣⓗⓔⓝ ⓣⓦⓔⓔⓣ ⓟⓛⓔⓐⓢⓔ...
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think you're right.

I hate to lose Rucker, however. But it makes sense - esp now that we have a FB on board.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Broadus tweeted me back saying:

"BryanBroaddus Bryan Broaddus
    @
    @Newoyahero Pretty sure, front office staff told me that he was coming in for a workout. They saw him during SD joint practices."
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,853 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    Cutting Ogletree now, doesn't sound like a good idea. Robinson won't know the offense, (although he might have an easier transition than most coming out of Norv's system). And I don't think Holley is ideal as the #3 going @ Jets. Rucker makes sense because even if Bennett doesn't make it back for gm 1 they still have Phillips to go with Witten and maybe they can have a few pkgs blocking wise for Fiammetta.
  12. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Does Ogletree know the offense?
  13. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Maybe it's a done deal assuming Robinson passes the physical and proves he can run well enough, etc.?

Robinson may be thinking that's just a formality since he's now healthy.
  14. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    If he signs, you have to get rid of Holley. He doesn't serve much purpose and shouldn't be active on gamedays. I know he covers kicks and did pretty good last year but he didn't make a single ST tackle in the preseason. There's a reason they kept Tucker so I doubt he will be cut. I like Holley. He was a great story but he really doesn't bring anything to the team. I'd much rather have Robinson and several other available WRs over Holley. I like this move and hopes it gets done.
  15. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    why all the love for o-tree? classic underacheiver with a bad attitude. but people act like he is the second coming of miles austin . this is exactley the type of guy who deserves to be kicked to the curb. im sure laurent can run the 3 yard curl just as well:D
  16. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    the reason we signed Robinson is cause his familiar with the offense having played in almost a same system while with Norv Turner, found this per rotoworld,The Chargers couldn't fit Robinson on their roster, but San Diego coach Norv Turner is tight with Dallas coach Jason Garrett and may have put a good word in. They also have very similar offensive systems. In Dallas, Robinson will battle Dwayne Harris, Kevin Ogletree, and Jesse Holley for reserve wideout snaps.
  17. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Agreed, if Laurent is signed he will be a #3, much better option than KO at being a #2 if Miles or Dez can't go.
  18. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,937 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    Norv runs pretty much the same scheme. I think even the terminology is the same.

A few things might be different, but I wouldn't imagine it will be a foreign language to him.
  19. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Considering we picked up a fullback and have already cut a receiver, I think cutting Rucker makes the most sense if we add Robinson.
  20. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,680 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Chargers WRs:

Vincent Jackson, Vincent Brown, Malcom Floyd, Bryan Walters(uhh??), Patrick Crayton(lol), Richard Goodman(who).

So ok a few good receivers, but they kept 6 and still no Robinson, strange.