1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: WR Laurent Robinson to work out for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TheSport78, Sep 5, 2011.

1. dgr81

dgr81 Member

439 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he hasn't signed.

thread title is incorrect.
  2. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Agree. He is a beast on ST.
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    According to Laurent's twitter account, he's a Cowboy. I'm assuming he'll be signed after week 1 when his salary isn't guaranteed?
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    If its Holley that gets cut i'll give you 100 bucks. Not gonna happen.

I'd bet Choice or Ogletree. Those would be the first two i'd drop.

Edit: ... or Rucker.
  5. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,648 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That's an interesting observation.
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    nickeatmanNick Eatman
    Cowboys to work out WR Laurent Robinson on Tuesday. Robinson cut by Chargers last week...

19 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Uh, I dont think we signed him yet, we are looking at him, suppose to come in tuesday, probably this will light a fire underneath ogletree, to my way of thinking

i posted about cowboys looking at robinson earlier, but i dont think they have signed him yet:starspin

here is the link where i posted about cowboys looking at robinson,
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217391
    just looking so far; i havent seen anywhere cowboys have signed him
  7. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,690 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    You make an extraordinarily great point.

He's just changing up his gamble, once again.

Or? He's always looking for the same result (CHAMPIONSHIP) and changing his way of getting there to do so?

Asking for the same result and doing the same things to get there is the definition of insanity.

I think he's ready to hand the team over to his son and giving him the flexibility contractually to do so, while having pieces in place currently that can get us there also.

Jerry's crazy, but he's not stupid.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,338 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Things just got REAL for Ogletree.
  9. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,336 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I like how Garrett is ALL business with this team.

You are fat and lazy, you are gone!

You are inconsistent, I will replace you with another.

Jason is laying down the wood, I do not blame him because at the end of the day, it is his rear on the line.

Jason will eventually address the defense but considering the new scheme and the time needed to get key players healthy, it may take more time for Jason to strike.

However, if the defense brings us more of the same by the end of the season, look for Jason to lay the hammer on that side of the ball as well.
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,862 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    Yes, Rucker would be my guess now that Dallas has signed a fullback. That essentially gives us five players at one position even though Bennett is hurt.
  11. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,393 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Hopefully it's more about cutting Choice or Ogletree than Holley or Rucker.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't think Ogletree is worth keeping at this point. Robinson seems like a great Red zone guy. Ogletree seems like a short yardage WR. We have plenty of guys who can run short routes.

I could be wrong. But really, what have we seen from Ogletree other than flashes in 2009?
  13. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's probably a case where, IF the Boys sign Robinson, it will be after the Jets game...
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He took a job working as Ricky Santos' house boy...
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,423 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    This could be Ogletree's last game in the NFL. Let the kid play and see what happens with his back against the wall. Some lay down, some come swinging with their fangs out.
  16. Dallas31

Dallas31 Member

445 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think that this is a risk worth taking. Robinson has shown flashes of being a really talented player. Before he broke his leg in 2009 he looked like he was a talented young receiver. Remember when we gave up on an injured receiver named Jimmy Smith.
  17. cowboystar55

cowboystar55 New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Olgetree doesn't 'scare' anyone on Defense. He's smallish but doesn't seem 'physical' enough to play at this level. He's one HIT away from being out for the season. Worst, I don't really think that Romo 'trusts' him very much. Yes, he three him the ROCK during preseason and there was NOT much 'spark' between him and Romo. I'd suspect that any good WR 'waivers' steal at this point would make him (or Rucker) expendable. ***Speaking of Rucker, I'd trust his pass catching over Bennett any day of the week. Bennett has more upside but we're still waiting for IT to catch up to him. At this point in his career, he's a DRIVE KILLER waiting to happen.