1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WRIGHT&NGATA

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by 1pick2, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 1pick2

1pick2 New Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    just read on nfldraftcountdown.com that rod wright & haloti ngata are staying in school.not what do we do for dt? anybody want to take a crack at this. :clubbed:
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Possibly the weakest position in the draft. Travis Johnson is probably #1 followed by Cody from USC and Hawthorne from Wisconsin. Not a top notch class by any means. It's entirely possible that all these guys will be available at #20. None of them excite me that high even.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

I agree. Hopefully we can fill this void in FA. I'm hoping we can get Pat Williams.
  4. 1pick2

1pick2 New Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what about the big tackle out of seatle rocky bernhart or something #99 he is huge and one of the fa's available.
  5. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dont forget about Fergusen from the Jets.
  6. Avery

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Yeah, if we want to go DT, FA will probably be the ticket even if it's for a stopgap.

I'm wondering when someone will see the glut of DT's in New England and start the 'Vince Wilfolk for #20' debate.

Maybe I just did.
  7. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,977 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    That is the worst news, Dallas REALLY could have used Ngata at DT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  8. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Pat Williams is the man I want as well, and it does not matter what front we run, he will be perfect.

I love those huge 350 pound lug nuts at DT.
  9. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    This draft flat-out sucks!
  10. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,605 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I hope we get Hawthorne at #19 ;) He was a pure animal last year, and played well this year. He can stop the run well, and definitely gets to the passer as a tackle. It would be a good pick.
  11. Avery

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Are the Vikes or Rams winning the Super Bowl? :p
  12. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    They don't have to. They just need to both win this weekend, or have one of them win next weekend.