1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Write NBC, Get this Hack Off the Air !

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Jul 22, 2007.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course if you are a conservative.

NBC
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112

Olbermann will co-host "Football Night in America"

Keith Olbermann is returning to sports broadcasting for the first time in six years as the co-host of the pre-game show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts, NBC announced today.

Olbermann, who will continue to host his nightly news show “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” on MSNBC TV, will round out the “Football Night in America” team of host Bob Costas, co-host Cris Collinsworth, and analysts Jerome Bettis and Tiki Barber.

In Olbermann's "Special Comment" segment on July 3, 2007, suggesting President George W. Bush's commutation of Lewis "Scooter Libby's prison sentence as a last straw, he made a statement calling for the resignation of Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. Olbermann stated:

“ We enveloped our President in 2001. And those who did not believe he should have been elected — indeed, those who did not believe he had been elected — willingly lowered their voices and assented to the sacred oath of non-partisanship.
    And George W. Bush took our assent, and re-configured it, and honed it, and shaped it to a razor-sharp point and stabbed this nation in the back with it.
  2. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wholeheartedly agree with Olbermann's political sentiments and totally disagree with Rush Limbaugh on virtually every issue - but I'd rather that neither one of them do NFL games.

The game of football deserves expert football coverage - and not political broadcasters who happen to have an interest in the game.
  3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

777 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NBC will go down in flames before it parts ways with that tool. He's fits right in with their culture. You're better off not watching which would be reflected in the ratings. Like his show on MSNBC, for example.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,874 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Olbermann was doing sports coverage long before he became a political guy. His specialty is baseball and he knows quite a bit about it. From what I understand he is just going to be narrating the highlights. He isn't there for special commentary like Rush was when he worked for ESPN. Rush also had a history in sports prior to turning to politics. I believe his specialty was also baseball.

I can deal with it if he is just providing football highlights. If it is him providing some sort of insight into the games or players, then I could care less. Keith used to be good when he did highlights on Sportcenter in my opinion. I don't really watch pre-game anyway.
  5. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,822 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    where is the makes me want to commit suacide icon?

:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::banghead::ralph::ralph::ralph::ralph::ralph::ralph::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot1::shoot1::whip::whip::spanking::spanking::spanking::spanking::abuseme::abuseme::abuseme::chop::chop::chop::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::stop::stop::nono::nono::choke::choke::tantrum::tantrum::angryno::enough:
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,232 Messages
    4,555 Likes Received
    The world is going to end....NOT.

He is doing a pre game show...really ooooh just don't watch.

I don't watch that channels pre-game shows anyways.

I watch Fox/fox sports or ESPN pre-game shows.
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree totally with Olbermann about Bush.

I have no problem with what he says.
  8. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do. I think he's a political hack. He's about as objective as Ruch Limbaugh or Michael Moore.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,232 Messages
    4,555 Likes Received
    Agreed.

I like many of his points, just not his delivery and exaggerated fake outrage.
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He's the opposite to O'Reilly and Fox.

I never said he was objective...Nor do I want him to be.

He thinks like I do.

And I love how he rips on not only Bush and his administration but how he dogs MR Luffa.
  11. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bad example! Bill O'Reilly makes me want to :puke:
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,232 Messages
    4,555 Likes Received
    Cut his mic.
  13. ConcordCowboy