1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

xbox 360 4gb or 250 gb?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Wimbo, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Why do I need 250GB of storage on a game console? What are the limitations at 4GB? Sorry for the ignorance - looks like some good prices floating around, so I may pull the trigger for a Christmas gift.
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,628 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    4 gig is nothing. The game Rage takes 16 GB to install. What I mean is 4 gig with get you through 2 games at the MOST.

3.2 gig is left after initial XBOX set up.

250 gig gets you through enough games for life.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

26,539 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received

This exactly. 4 gig would be a waste of time.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,840 Messages
    4,155 Likes Received

It's a racket just like phone companies who offer some minuscule amount of texts and then the next package up is a bajillion texts.

4GBs is not nearly enough to do anything and 250 is far more than you'll need.

I have at most 4 games in rotation. If I'm done playing a game, I delete the disc from the HD and keep the files.

If you want to watch movies from ZUNE and have the 4GB, I believe streaming will be your ONLY option. Kinda sucks because if you start the movie download early on, you can 1080P video later without potential streaming adjustments.

But, I wonder. I know you can attach an external HD to an Xbox and use it as a storage spot but only up to 16GBs. I wonder if you could partition a 1TB HD into however many 16GB partitions it would be and use each partition individually. It would probably take a decade to set up but that might be an option if you have no others.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    My XBOX came with a 60 GB drive and I outgrew it. The only way I'd buy a 4GB is if I bought an extra 250gb drive to go with it.