1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

XBox 360 Madden 12 Franchise

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BraveHeartFan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    So I'm probably going to pick up Madden 12 tonight instead of using that money I have there on Battlefield 3 and a buddy of mine, whose already got Madden 12, and I were talking about possibly doing an Online Franchise with folks.

I'll start this part off by saying I've never done one before so you'd have to be willing to understand that I'll be learning as we go on it but I'd definately be interested in doing an Online Franchise league.

The three main questions he and I had for getting this all kicked off were:

1) Who all would like to be in on this

2) Would you prefer to go with the rosters already set with the teams we pick or would you rather go with a fantasy draft?

3) When would you be available to get online to do a fantasy draft?

Now he and I are in the central time zone and later at night is really the only time we could get on and do this, maybe on a Saturday even around 5pm would possible as well, but I'm all for the fantasy draft thing if everyone wants to do that, since recruiting from here means lots of Cowboys fans and only one Cowboys team.

As for who would get to be Dallas I will just do it like this. I'll waive the right to be them, since I'm the one trying to start this, and the first person to reply here that they're actually in on this can be the Dallas Cowboys.

That's the most fair way I know that we can do it that everyone can see, right in front of them, who actually won the right. So we can avoid that issue right there.

I'm going to leave a sample here for what I'd like to see people respond with so we can kick this off in the next week or so if there is enough interest. All are welcome to join. So don't think there are any preconcieved notions that if you don't get along with a particular person on the forums or whatever that you can't be in. I'm open to absolutely anyone joining just so long as we all have fun together and no one comes in with the attitude of getting mad if they don't get their way.

Sample Information:

XBox Gamertag: DBraveHeartFan

Playing as: Oakland Raiders

Fantasy Draft Yes or No: Yes

Available Time for Draft: Anytime after 9pm central time, any night of the week
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    XBox Gamertag: corporate exec

Playing as: Dallas cowboys

Fantasy Draft Yes or No: Yes

Draft time: any day any time after 6pm est
  3. Shneek814

Shneek814 Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Xbox tag = tribeguy
    Playing as = cowboys
    Fantasy draft = yes
    Avail = varies but usually after 6 is good
  4. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Gamertag: chawliebitme
    Play as: Broncos
    Fantasy draft: Yes
    Avail: Anytime after 5 pm central
  5. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Gamertag: COWBOYSx77
    Play as: Buffalo
    Fantasy draft: Yes
    Avail: Anytime after 3 pm eastern
  6. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    I'll add my buddy here so we know he's in.

Gamertag: ronnie176
    Playing As: Giants
    Fantasy Draft: Yes
    Available: Anytime after 9pm central

Shneek I;ll need you to pick another team cause someone beat you to the Cowboys. Thanks.
  7. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Also guys after seeing the yes and all that I'm thinking Wednesday night October 26th for our draft. We'll get it started at 9:30 pm central time. Is that good for the rest of you?
  8. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Is everyone still on for doing the draft tonight? If so I'll be on around 9pm to get the thing started and we can start this online franchise. I'll add the names here when I get on tonight and send invites to anyone whose still in it.
  9. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Well I got on last night, sent all 4 of you friend requests. Unfortunately I guess no one was on. We'll try again either tonight or tomorrow night.

If you guys are no longer interested in this let me know and I'll look elsewhere.
  10. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Completely forgot about this thread...my fault brave..I'm definitely still in
  11. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Sounds good man. We're going to try again tonight around 9pm central to kick this off. I've got 4 of us, for sure, who should be able to do it tonight. So we can definately get a fantasy draft done tonight.

Anyone else whose in let me know please. Thanks.

Also if you haven't signed up yet then don't be afraid to do so now. We're still taking people.

Currently what we have at the moment:

BraveHeartFan - Oakland Raiders
    Corporate Exec - Dallas Cowboys
    Ronnie176 - New York Giants
    Cowboysx77 - Buffalo Bills
    Chawliebitme - Denver Broncos
    tribeguy - (Team not known as he hasn't picked a new one yet)
    Ronnie176 (brother in law)- I'll edit this shortly with his xbox tag and team he wants when they get it to me.

With what we've got we REALLY need 1 more person (assuming everyone listed here is still in and shows tonight) in order to start it. Madden 12 allows you to do the following amount of human players.

2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, and 32

So right now we're at 7 meaning we either put a fake human controled team in or someone definately steps up and says they want in.
  12. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received

if everyone else does not mind - we should all be in the same division(s)..this will create many more head 2 head matchups..i cant imagine playing the cpu every week would be much fun...

i have no issues taking the worst team (that nobody wants) in any division, if it helps
  13. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind that either. We can talk to everyone that is in tonight and see what everyone wants.

In fact I'll go ahead right now and change my team to the Redskins.

I absolutely hate it, I really do, but I'd rather be them then the Eagles. Since the Cowboys and Giants are already taken this is the lesser of the two evils for me.
  14. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    BraveHeartFan - Washington Redskins
    Corporate Exec - Dallas Cowboys
    Ronnie176 - New York Giants
    Cowboysx77 - Buffalo Bills
    Chawliebitme - Denver Broncos
    tribeguy - (Team not known as he hasn't picked a new one yet)
    Ronnie176 (brother in law)- Indy Colts

This gives us at least 3 of the 4 who are playing for sure in the same division. This will be fun.
  15. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    I can't make a draft at 10 PM eastern tonight...The rangers are on!
  16. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Don't worry cause it will have to wait till after the world series. I wasn't thinking of that at the time. So it will be closer to 10 central time.
  17. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    im ready..just let me know when
  18. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Sorry man but the world series is pushing us to tomorrow night. We'xll do it tomorrow. My bad fellas.
  19. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    does this mean this is probably going to have to wait til tomorrow? game 7 is tonight
  20. BraveHeartFan

23,028 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    Yes I am sorry folks. The world series kept me from this. I will shoot for getting this done tonight. Again sorry for the delays folks.