1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

XBOX Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by a_minimalist, Jun 6, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Anyone here play?
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't stand FPS on console. I have BF3 on PC, though I haven't really played since Diablo III came out.
  3. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I play on 360 man, hit me up: Steven Otero
  4. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    yeah, i hear this all of the time. i like it. i don't feel like sitting in front of a computer to do everything. there's nothing like plopping my *** down on the couch to play a video game.

plus, you have to deal with all of the hackers.
  5. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    PC gamers tend to brag that they're better than console gamers at shooters. ....Yeah it's because you use a mouse on the PC. So much easier to point and click to shoot than using the Left/Right stick on a game pad.
  6. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    They are better, but it's because the mouse allows you to aim faster and you are far more agile in your movements. This is why console players are NEVER allowed to play against PC players. It would be a complete and utter rout every time.

It's not that "I'm better" at PC than console for FPS that I play the PC version. I play PC version because playing FPS on console just plain sucks. It's slow as hell. When I see / hear an enemy, I expect to shoot him now, not while I wait for my sights to line up later.

The console feels like I'm driving an RV around compared to playing it on a PC. In comparison, the PC feels like I'm driving a Lotus Elise compared to the console.

I've played both. Console FPS suck and I hate them and will never play a console FPS. They just aren't worth my time when the PC has the same FPS.
  7. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm not sure I buy that argument. I hear it all of the time. If you turn up the sensitivity all the way you move pretty damn fast. It's just a lot harder to aim with a controller than a mouse.

But wouldn't you say consoles are more realistic than pc?
  8. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've played both. It's true. When the game companies tested allowing the two to play against each other, the rout was on and that is why they DO NOT play each other online.

More realistic? You do realize that PC's graphical powers are far superior to consoles right? The BF3 graphics on PC are far better than BF3 on the consoles.
  9. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    And you cranked up the sensitivity all of the way?? I personally think it's easier to use a mouse than coordinate two joysticks.

I know that, I was speaking in terms of movement since you're talking about fast you move. Humans don't move like sports cars.
  10. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Mouse vs two joysticks is just practice. If you practice enough with one, you will get better with it. You say 2 joysticks vs a mouse, but it's actually a mouse *and* keyboard. The keyboard is also in play here. I can macro all kinds of buttons to do things that you just can't do on a console controller. I don't have to cycle through stuff. I can just hit a button that does exactly what I want it to do and have 101 keys on that keyboard to do things with.

Consoles are limited in game play, graphics, configurability, and in teamplay.

To go beyond BF3, many PC based FPS are mod-able. There just is no comparison. It's a racing motorcycle vs a bicycle with a training wheels when it comes to FPS.

I play sports games like Madden ,Golf, or Baseball on the console and I enjoy them. I also have owned Madden games on PC and had a USB controller to play with. It is better with a controller. Though the PC was easily able to emulate the console, but the console cannot emulate what the PC has to offer.

btw, DICE (BF3 makers) was talking about adding keyboard and mouse support for it's PS3 version of BF3, but I'm not sure they ever went through with it.
  11. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Yeah, Idk what he meant by more realistic. PC's are miles ahead of consoles due to being able to constantly upgrade the hardware.

Also, don't forget it's 32 vs 32 on BF3 w/ PC.
  12. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What is it on console?
  13. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Freaking 12 vs 12
  14. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I was talking about player speed, I should have been more specific. I'm well aware of the difference in graphics and computer speed compared with consoles.

That's something that I hope changes with consoles in the future. They should allow upgrades to be made on them.

The 32 vs 32 really chaps my ***. That would be so much fun for most maps except metro and bazaar on console.
  15. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Actually, the 64 man metro maps have been quite popular with a lot of people on the PC. I've seen them full with 6-10 people queued up to get in. I've played it a couple of times. It gets down right crazy!
  16. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    yea, it's pretty silly though. it's too crowded and ridiculous. watch this epic video though.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjTRRnfEC4
  17. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The fact that he was not only able to walk up stairs and then back down stairs unmolested tells me there probably wasn't 64 users on that map. :laugh2:

I've joined one and if your team is downstairs (or upstairs) that is pretty much where they are going to stay! :laugh2:

You try to go downstairs, (or vice versa) it's 32-1 against you surviving. :lmao2:
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,457 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    I play.

By far the worst spawn system in TDM I have ever seen and that speaks volumes because MW3 was absolutely disgusting.

That said, I love the game.

I can deal with crappy spawns if the game is great.
  19. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You play with Xbox?

Awesome game but spawns are horrible all around.
  20. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    The game has been horrible ever since the patch. I quit the day after cause they nerfed the tank and the blow torch to the point they were useless. I played PC btw.