1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Yahoo explains the real differences between Cowboys and Giants

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by JackWagon, Sep 7, 2012.

1. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
  2. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Am I missing something? This article sucks and the fact that the game made all of it look even more stupid doesn't make it any better, even for comedic relief.
  3. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Not even remotely close to being a great article.

All he was doing is propping up Giants while trashing Cowboys. Author used Bennett's word as gospel, lol
  4. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

901 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    what drama is he talking about....for drama see all of the Lions arrests....the Dolphins fiasco.....Big Ben raping women.....the media if full of feces
  5. DWelch1775

DWelch1775 Couch Warmer

460 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I could only make it half way through before closing the page. It was obviously writtent by either a Giants fan or a Cowboys hater. Our defense played good all game and our offense came alive the second half for a big win. Instead of talking crap, how about an atta boy every once in a while.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,250 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    How in the hell is this a great article?
  7. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I read that the other day. It was written BEFORE the game. I suspect the OP was saying it's a great article because the author and Yahoo look pretty foolish right now.
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
  9. ragman

ragman Member

208 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Typical East Coast media bias. If this were a newspaper, I 'd use it to line a birdcage or house train a puppy.
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,901 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    True dat... wait until they find out the bonafide nut that Marty B is...
  11. FiveTime

FiveTime Active Member Zone Supporter

178 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Has Mara actually "suited up" himself? Jerry has at the college level at least.
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,782 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Some of these articles are starting to sound like bleacher report trash.
  13. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    I think sarcasm is eluding some of you.

This is a 'great' article because of how awful and biased it is and the time that it was released-- Wednesday morning.

Some of what he says is true, but for the most part it's so ridiculously one sided I actually laughed out loud a little bit.

My favorite part is when he was talking about how the Cowboys have neglected to address the OL via the draft in the last 8 years by only spending one 1st-2nd round pick on OL in that span. However, that's precisely why the Giants line is in bad shape now as well. Reese inherited a pretty good line, but the additions since have been average to poor and instead of drafting an OL in the draft this year, they took a RB, then a WR in the 1st & 2nd round.

Which is a double whammy against this guy's article since he tries to crucify us for taking guys like Dez and Mo' Claiborne because they were flashy picks that we didn't need. (which is again also funny, because we NEEDED better CB play).

Also he compares Bradshaw to Jones instead of Murray (and kind of dismisses Murray).

And he said neither Austin or Bryant had the kind of production that Cruz had last year, presumably forgetting Austin's 2009 season and that Cruz only has one good season so far.

Does this guy even follow football or does he let drunk guys at new york bars tell him what to think? I bet he thinks footballs are round...
  14. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,372 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Ware has shrunk? This guy is clueless as they come.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    New York media is having a field day today. Corey Webster has sucked for two years. Ahmad Bradshaw is washed up. Prince is soft. etc.

Quite a change of pace from the cheese being fed for the last 8 months in the offseason. I've grown so numb to the media noise machine and hype I generally don't even notice it anymore. It's basically become white noise. However, Dan Dierdorf and Greg Gumbal were hyping the Giants to such a degree in the 3rd preseason game against the Bears it reached a surreal experience. I seriously thought they might be trolling. It wasn't just Eli and JPP hype. David Wilson was basically the second coming of Eric Dickerson. Keith Rivers was going to be phenomenal. Marty B was basically a blocking version of Antonio Gates. etc.
  16. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i hardly made it past the headline "Dysfunctional Cowboys"? how are the dysfunctional?.....
  17. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,507 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    LMAO,,,, I wish I could forget the past few years so easily,,, :p:

I mean really, they have been the football version of the Keystone Cops for years now, each taking turns screwing up and the word "dysfunctional" was very applicable. It has been painful, so maybe that's why you've repressed those memories!
  18. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yes. Serving up a dish of crow for the article author to digest. That makes it a great (as in catastrophe) article that should be hung around that guy's neck for a long time.

:starspin
  19. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yeah, by definition you are right.....i just took it more as we were defensively under talented...not dysfunctional..not since Coaching change and each Coach brings a new era IMO...and since Garrett took over hes cleaned out the trash and begin repairing the holes...as a team ...right now....I dont think its fair to call them that
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Just not being talented enough to win isn't a very captivating media narrative for America's most high profile sports franchise, thus its gets translated to "dysfunctional".