1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Yahoo: Football Fans Are Going To Hate The NFL's New On-Field Advertising

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 9, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,295 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    Football Fans Are Going To Hate The NFL's New On-Field Advertising
    [IMG]
    By Emmett Knowlton 20 hours ago
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/football-fans-going-hate-nfls-181814449.html

If you watched Thursday night's Ravens vs. 49ers preseason football game, you probably noticed the awful on-field advertising any time either team got in the end zone.

According to BizJournals , Toyota is now the "exclusive auto partner" of the Niners as part of a multimillion dollar deal. Part of the agreement is that Toyota will sponsor the red zone — the area between the 20-yard line and the end zone — at San Francisco's brand new Levi's Stadium, meaning a massive, distracting graphic will appear on the screen any time a team reaches that section of the field.

Luckily, Toyota's red-zone advertising will show up only on the local, KPIX broadcast of preseason games; it is not a national deal. Still, you have to imagine that this is a glimpse of the future, and one that NFL fans aren't going to be particularly pleased about...
  2. paladin78749

paladin78749 Active Member

147 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    One of these days the NFL will find a way of becoming profitable. A daunting, almost unachievable task, but I have faith.
    cajuncocoa, ologan, coogrfan and 3 others like this.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind if they just painted the ad on the field... Like a small badge on each 35 yd line. Or a company logo badge in the endzone. But that example in the link is distracting and annoying.
    casmith07 likes this.
  4. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Taking up a fourth or a fifth of the entire field IS ridiculous, I thought it would be less than that.
  5. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

1,710 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    They have had advertising logo's on the field during preseason the last couple of years.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Eventually the uniforms will look like race car driver's suits.
  7. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,840 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Hmmm....That could open up all kinds of possibilities for advertising in Colorado and Washington State.