1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Yahoo Pick'em

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Draegerman, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Greetings all:

I've been a long time lurker on this site but many of your senior members might remember me from the DMN forum and Jerry's RenegadeRadio message board.

Anyway, I set up the annual Yahoo Pick'em for Cowboy fans and wanted to extend an invitation to all of you so we can have maximum participation this season.

The concept is pretty simple, each week everyone will make their selections for the upcoming games and Yahoo will track all the winners and losers and post the results in our private room. No money to be won but the winner does get bragging rights for the rest of the year.

The only thing that you will need to do is register and type in the group id# and password (all of which I will provide), and then make your picks. When you register, be sure to add it to your favorites list and click the box that asks if you'd like to have Yahoo send you a weekly reminder. This way you won't miss your window, which would result in getting zero points that week and makes it difficult to remain competitive.

I set it up around mid-August and post the information here in case you're interested in joining. I believe Hostile has participated in my last two so he can vouch for this being legitimate.

Now before I set up this one, I need some input from everyone who wants to participate. This season, would you guys want to go with or without a spread when choosing the games? The majority decides.

If you want to have a "look see", here's the link that will give you an idea with how it's set up:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Looking forward to this season (GO COWBOYS!!!) and hopefully we'll have max participation for Pick'em.

PS: Don't worry if you won't be here every week to make your picks. Yahoo allows you to make multiple weekly selections so you don't miss out and lose points.
  2. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for the invite Draegerman and yes I do remember you from the old DMN and Jerry's board.

Welcome ...please post more often.
  3. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Hey CBZ, long time amigo. This site is fantastic! I'm kicking myself for not having participated here sooner. The only thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to post my question about using the spread in the form of a poll. Might have to ask the mods for some help with that. Anyway, it's good to catch up with you again.
  4. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is that guy?:moonbart:

Draeg, do you realize our old friend cbz has been promoted to mod? Whodda thunk? He's come a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong way.
  5. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I'm sure we can get answer your questions.....shoot me a PM.
  6. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Good afternoon Jack..... :eek::
  7. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I guess that it means there's hope for us old guys yet if cbz makes it to mod statushood ;). What say you, jack? To spread or not to spread in this year's Pick'em?
  8. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spread'em baby, spread'em.
  9. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The only way to seperate the men from the boys, I always say. I think that I got what I need, cbz. The only thing that I will ask is if you guys can make my next post on how to register for Yahoo Pick'em a "sticky" on this message board when it's time to set it up.

Thanks,

Drae
  10. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Alright guys,

Here is the link to sign up:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Then register using the following information:

Group id# 8810
    Password: cowboys (lower case specific)

Here's how the contest will go down this year:

Group Name: Draegerman's NFL Pick'em
    Group Password: cowboys
    Maximum Teams: 50
    Confidence Points: No
    Spread: Yes
    Tiebreakers: Yes
    Start Week: 1
    Drop Scores: No, use all weeks
    Deadline: 5 minutes before each game

Hope to see all of you there and may the best person win!

Draegerman
  11. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I will, don't worry! :thumbup:
  12. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Must...destroy...Dan!!!!!!!!!! :bang2:
  13. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Well guys (and gals), we're up to 22 participants with less than a week to go before the first game kicks off next Thursday night. I still have 28 slots left for those who are interested and would love to have you join.

Just so all of you know, I created this Pick'em contest exclusively for Cowboy fans with nothing to gain from it other than to make it as competitive as I possibly can.

Here's looking forward to a great season for all of us (especially our Cowboys).