1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Yahoo's newest 2 rd mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jswalker1981, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    glenn and smith have been injury prone there whole careers. bruce and especially harrison have played with good qbs who keep them out of danger.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,927 Messages
    4,491 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  3. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

970 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I'd like it.

There is an injury concern with Ginn, but getting Ross in the 2nd would be such great value that it would ease my concerns about Ginn.

On Ginn as a stand-alone first-round pick at 22, I'm on the fence. The talent is there, but so is the fragility. I still think Ginn makes the most sense for the Cowboys this year, but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer for a #1 Reciever.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,927 Messages
    4,491 Likes Received
    That's a good draft. I don't know if Spencer will be there at 53 but if so good deal. Jones is an interesting draft. He has speed but I don't know if I'd take that chance on him. He is intriquing tho.
  5. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm here 5 nights a week...bring your friends...and stop by the Tiki Room for our house specialty kalamari on a stick and receive a complimentary coconut grog for 2.[IMG]
  6. jackrussell

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is that French?

[IMG]
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've been adamant that Aaron Ross in Rd 1 is a horrible pick...but if he were there in Rd 2 then I'd take him and develop him into a #2 CB. As far as Ginn, I wouldn't complain a whole lot. He could develop into a #2 WR and contribute in the return game and really help the team this year. A guy like Ginn may contribute more than a guy like Bowe or Meachem this year and still give solid production over the course of his career.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Thing I keep hearing about Ginn is he is not a #1 WR? Last time I checked most teams are using at least 2 WR and in the Cowboys system Terry Glenn is just as important to the success of the offense as TO. Now if I can find a guy with the speed and talent of Ginn to take over once Glenn hangs them up his value to the team was well worth the 22nd pick in a draft. I would also add Glenn himself is a former #1 pick as well as being the 7th pick overall people can call him a #2 WR but that does not diminish his value to this team
  9. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only way they are injury prone is hamstrings, its not to do with their size but rather their elite bodies, that are being pushed to the limits. What would you have us do draft big slow recievers with loose hamstrings that can't pull because they are sloppy?
  10. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well put
  11. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    kid weighs 180 pounds!! he better put on weight before he gets killed
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    Like most rookies the NFL trainers will work to add strength and weight to these prospects.
  13. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea your right he better put on weight before that 230 lb "hard hitting" safety catches him. :rolleyes:

He isn't gonna be a consistant "over the middle" type of guy like TO is.

He is a "burner", and he is the same weight as all the other "burners"

none of which have been "killed" as you so elegantly put it.
  14. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received

yea what he said
  15. MCowboys

MCowboys New Member

289 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can't draft a reciever based on who helps the most year 1. You want the guy who is the most likely to be able to step up and replace TO or Glenn. I would bet that guy is more likely Bowe, Meachem, or Jarrett than Ginn. Thats why I don't feel like Ginn would be that great a pick.
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you act like "burners" run go route's all game. he's gonna run every route in the playbook
  17. jackrussell

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You act like he doesn't run every route in the playbook.

And he does.
  18. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    since when does how much you weigh determine your success in the NFL:rolleyes:
  19. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it does all the time! some guys make up for it and some don't. ginn will get hurt next year just watch. assuming he's healed from celebrating 2 hard with his teammates:lmao:
  20. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    not sure what TV you watch on sundays,not really suprised at your second comment