1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ya'll fix the o-line at all cost are delusional

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,113 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Do you know the Cowboys oline had the second least falst starts in the NFL??

Those teams didn't have better olines. Giants had an awful running game all year last year, they did improve pass protection over the course of the year kind of the same way Dallas did this year.

Pittsburgh 2008- Max Starks-Chris Kemoeatu-Justin Hartwig-Darnell Stapleton-Willie Colon....THAT was there oline. Brutal. Ask any Steeler fan and they still shake their head.

Green Bay's oline has been far worse than Dallas over the last three years.
  2. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    You obviously don’t understand the concept of Cherry Picking.

Telling me the Steelers drafted OL high in 2010. & 2012 and then pointing out they didn't make the playoffs in 2012 while neglecting to mention they went to the Super Bowl in 2010 is Cherry Picking.

I rebutted your statement we needed to get rid of Gerald Sensabaugh to generate more turnovers by pointing on that in the 8 games PP was in charge of the defense he generated 20 turnovers with Sensabaugh and Ball at safety.

I asked you why was that if the Safety position was so important to generating turnovers?

You obviously can't answer the question so resort to prevarication.

So answer the question or move on.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Why keep comparing? Different teams, different offenses, different players.
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,113 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Ok-guess it means nothing.
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yep, they are both cherry picking, but I understand its only cherry picking when I do it, not you.

As for your favorite PP stat, guess you are having an affair with the guy you bring it up so much. Before and since that span they have done absolutely nothing, but during that span they did well. Maybe you should go hire PP back from UConn to fulfill your fetish for 8 games 2 years ago, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the position needs talent just like I'm not saying that the last few games for the OL means we don't need talent on the OL.

Its not hard to see really, both positions along with pass rusher need talent.
  6. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Prevarication is the name of the game and Deep_Freeze plays it time and again!

Still waiting....
  7. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Jerruh went cheap on the offensive line. In part as he doesn't traditionally spend the resources on the offensive line and possibly because of his salary cap blunder that caused the league to penalize the Cowboys with a big cap hit. Instead of Grubbs or another good guard they went with two mediocre ones and the results were pressure up the middle all season on Romo.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I've been waiting for you to make sense for weeks.

Just stop now, I know having other needs is against the law to you, but we do have needs elsewhere other than the OL.
  9. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    They say ignorance is bliss, so you must be a happy man Deep_Freeze.

Still waiting...
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,615 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    You nailed it.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,615 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    You are spot on, wow.