Yet another Skip Bayless quote

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Dcowboy84, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,184 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I know how sick everyone is about talking about skip bayless, and i can't stand it either.....

but i just saw this idiot respond to a question of whether we were better or worse with Romo last year than Bledsoe....

and he said having Romo is was WORSE??!!

i mean i know he likes to make controversial statements, especially regarding Dallas lately, but you would think that even he would see how completely boneheaded that comment is

2. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,787 Messages
    695 Likes Received
  3. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    He doesn't make controversial comments, he makes stupid, uneducated comments.

4. iceberg

iceberg it's business, this emotional game Zone Supporter

31,172 Messages
    3,870 Likes Received
    sooner or later people will just walk around that puddle of stupidity and quit even going "wow" at the idiocy that comes out of his mouth.

5. sacowboysfan513

sacowboysfan513 Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    How does this guy even keep his job. Sure the media likes controversy but this is just stupidity like someone said earlier.

Seriously, he would be one of those guys that would say that it doesnt make sense why the Cowboys are named the Dallas Cowboys and not the Irving Cowboys and make a huge deal out of it.

Makes me mad because he is making money that he does not deserve. Pathetic.

6. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    585 Likes Received

Well, everyone here is talking about him. He must be doing something right. Isn't that his job? To get people to watch him and talk about him? We are making him more likely to talk trash by responding to it.

7. Jay-D

Jay-D New Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This just in from Skip Bayless:

The sky is NOT blue.

8. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

2,801 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    We can only hope so.

It's the only way to make him eventually go away. (Short of an ax to the head ;) )

Just like dealing with a garden variety forum troll. The only way to win is not to play.

(Apologies for accidentally quoting the movie that launched Matthew Broderick's career.)

9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

28,326 Messages
    5,660 Likes Received
    I just saw that. He was talking to the Cleveland Indian pitcher who said he was a Cowboys fan. (Can't remember his name.)

Everyone just laughed at him after he said it. Even the host said, (and I paraphrase) "that's Skip Bayless for ya."

Again, he just likes to create controversy because he knows hundreds of Cowboys fans will be lightening up his email. As a journalist, you'd rather have a hundred critical emails than a dozen complimentary ones. And no fan base spits out those critical emails like the Cowboys fan base. :)

10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

28,326 Messages
    5,660 Likes Received
    :clap:

You understand the game. :)

11. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The thing is though, you're compelled to come back and watch what he has to say the following week when the Cowboys play another great game again. I'm absolutely loving the fact that he's currently having a heaping dish of crow to eat because of the great play of the model citizen, "Team Obliterator". For a couple of years now he's been bashing T.O. and saying how he's going to eventually bring our organization down. Well, week in and week out, "Team Obliterator" has been nothing short of amazing both on and off the field this season; causing Skip "Clueless" to have less and less credibility every time he opens his trap.

The Drew Bledsoe over Tony Romo comment will only add to the fact that Bayless is a total idiot. ;)

12. sacowboysfan513

sacowboysfan513 Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    35 Likes Received

Maybe so, but this is definitely not encouraging anyone to tune in to see what he says next. At least I hope not. Unless you are a glutton for punishment.

13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,426 Messages
    4,211 Likes Received
    All he is doing is discrediting himself.

14. trickblue

trickblue Not Old School...Old Testament...

30,169 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    You guys need to remember... Bayless has largely made a living off denouncing the Cowboys...

When the Cowboys are good, he will ratchet up the rhetoric because it gets him attention...

If the Cowboys were to win a Superbowl anytime soon, you can expect a book from him shortly thereafter attempting to tear down the whole organization...

It's what he does...

15. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,446 Messages
    3,815 Likes Received
    Yep, he's the best.

16. iceberg

iceberg it's business, this emotional game Zone Supporter

31,172 Messages
    3,870 Likes Received
    yea, it's like watching a train wreck or feeding trolls in a forum. sometimes you just can't help it. but after awhile the one-trick ponys show should be done except for those who'll keep it alive.

17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,768 Messages
    14,902 Likes Received
    Two days in a row we have had Skip Bayless threads now?

I need to go shower again.

18. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The guy has made an entire career out of being a contrarian.

The late, great Mark Tunei should have pummeled him on the team plane that time he had him cornered.

19. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,446 Messages
    3,815 Likes Received
    I love that story.

20. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

6,806 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    I dont know that story, link???