1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Yipes!!!Moss says Wayne addition would be a plus

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Gryphon, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Redskins | Moss says Wayne addition would be a plus
    Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:43:56 -0800

David Elfin and Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins WR Santana Moss said it would be great for the team if they could acquire Indianapolis Colts WR Reggie Wayne, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Wayne is considered the prize free agent at the receiver position entering the offseason.
  2. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,112 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Good luck pulling him in Washington.
  3. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably would offer him a 100 million dollar contract. I don't see how they can afford it.
  4. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Didn't they both play together at the U? Wayne, Portis, and Moss would absolutely terrorize teams. I hope he signs with someone else.
  5. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    How is this news? A player says it would be great to acquire another player who is obviously a very good player.

Ok, so what? Is that really something for a major metropolitan newspaper to report? It must be a seriously slow news day.
  6. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Good luck, Washington is only 25 million OVER the cap next year.
  7. shnagy

shnagy Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: I was thinking the same thing. LOL
  8. Roughneck

Roughneck Active Member

2,682 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ......and who would be getting them the ball?

Will Brunell even be able to hand-off next season? Has the NFL ruled on his request to use a cane on the Field yet?
  9. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,038 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    All these pessimistic posts made me feel better:)
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Wayne to Washington would be a smart move by them, honestly I hope he doesn't sign there lol.
  11. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Moss, Portis and Wayne were all at "THE U" and Moss and Wayne are good friends, they still are way over their heads in cap salary, there is no way they can afford a contract that Wayne will want. If they can some how afford it, Moss and Wayne(um................that spells disaster for opposing defenses, excdept ours:) Newman WILL lock down Moss, Henry will lock down Wayne:))

I hope they do not get him, i cant see a way they will be able to!!!!
    No way Wayne heads to D.C
  12. Fan21

Fan21 Benched

40 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Newman really locked down Moss this year! If Washington does bring in a legitimate #2 WR, the league better watch out. They would have the best RB and WRx2 combination in football.
  13. neosapien23

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    No way due Newman and Henry lock those guys down. The NFL has made it too easy for even elite CBs to get burned. Our only hope would be too put pressure on Washington.
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Washington will add a quality WR to start opposite Moss. That was one of their major flaws this year. Cap or no cap, I'm sure they'll restructure contracts and/or release some marginal players to get under the cap and still add some players.
    It may or may not be Reggie Wayne, but I guarantee you they will add a solid starting WR this offseason.
  15. neosapien23

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Every year we laugh about the Reskins's salary cap and every year they sign a major FA. If Wayne would like to play for them, they will get it done. I don't know I they do it, but they always do it.
  16. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he would make just about any team he goes too pretty good, including Washington.
  17. neosapien23

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    If Dallas could sign Wayne, I would not mind cutting Keyshawn.
  18. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,163 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Well, the colts had Harrison, Edge, and Manning to complement Wayne and I don't see them playing this week...
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and a better D

but nonetheless :explode:
  20. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,244 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I've been hearing this Washington Cap stuff for a few years now, and it has yet to affect them signing whomever they want in free agency...clearly, someone is doing something right in that godforsaken city.

Washington's cap situation is always flexible because they don't hesitate to cut players with big numbers and replace them or renegotiate with a guy who has a huge cap number. This year alone they should free up quite a sum of money if they dump Arrington.