1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You HAVE to be kidding me...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Aug 30, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    that looks like a shirt that is sold at the Flea Market.. seriously, it wasnt even made well..
  3. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,206 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    That's funny right there!
  4. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,218 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    :redhomer:
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey, at least it's more creative than their usual: "F*** Dallas" shirts that I see all the time here in D.C.
  6. ghost

ghost New Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. that looks home made. Besides, even as a Skins fan, i wouldn't want that title. Not to get on your team in any way, but thats like calling the Eeagles the Philadelphia Football Eagles. Lame. nicknames belong to teams. I dont see any cowboys fan running around singing "Hail to the Cowboys."
  7. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ... although we'd have the right to since we technically own the rights to that song. :lmao2:

Alright, I know... USED to own the rights to that song. But it's still funny!
  8. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a masterstroke by Merchison and Schramm back in the day :lmao2:
  9. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I can't believe that the politically correct forces that be haven't attacked the Redskins for their logo yet and forced them to change it to something ******** like "Red Storm" or something
    Maybe a Dallas fan should start that lawsuit....? How funny would that be and how catastrophic to their history and tradition?
  10. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Redsk*ns are, by far, the most racist franchise in the history of the NFL. And it's not just their name... the Redsk*ns were also the LAST franchise in the NFL to integrate. They were forced to finally have a black player by intense political pressure due to the fact that their stadium was owned by the federal government.

In fact, one of the reasons why there are so many Cowboys fans here in D.C. is residual resentment by some blacks of the Redskins' segregationist past... although a lot of that has passed over time.
  11. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't the Redskins play in Maryland?
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,529 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    you cannot force a privately owned team to change their nickname/logo. its unconstitutional. seriously

my high school was the braves and we had to change our logo and get this friendship belt thing in it and we were almost the beavers or the reds or the red storm but then we were just the brave...BAH:bang2: you have no idea the frustration of a kid who paints his chest for away games being threatened w/ a name/logo change
  13. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Excellent point! They should substitute the Capitol with a picture of the Landover Mall, the most notable landmark in Landover, Maryland (along with FedEx Field, that is).

Humorously, when Jack Kent Cooke moved the team there, he re-named the land the stadium was built on: RalJon after his two sons. But when Little Danny Boy bought the team, he reverted it back to Landover.
  14. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Don't kid yourself, the NFL could force them to do whatever they wanted them to do and it would be perfectly Constitutional.

Do you think if a team wanted to rename itself the Nazis and have a Swastika as their logo the NFL would let them because of freedom of speech? No chance!

And a team named the "Braves" or "Indians" or "Seminoles" is MUCH MUCH different than the "Redsk*ns."

Those are proper, non-offensive names... Redsk*ns is a blatant racial slur... a term who's time is past just like the N-word or any other slur that may have been used commonly decades ago, but has no place in this day and age.
  15. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,227 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    Not true they have a Magic Johnson Theater with a Golden Corral there.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,227 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    Actually the Native American Lobbyist already have a lawsuit in the works to sue the Redskins about their racist name and logo.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,529 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    The NFL cannot legally force them to change their name or logo. Believe me I wrote a whole paper on it.
  18. Gfunk

Gfunk New Member

291 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    love that shirt
  19. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The NFL forced Mike Nolan to NOT wear a suit on gamedays. They can force the team to change its racist name.

OK, I'll clarify my position. They might not be able to force them to change their name, but they could do things that would make it impossible to function as an NFL franchise... such as refuse to license their racist apparel and merchandise. Heck, they could probably even suspend their membership in the NFL and refuse to recognize them as an NFL team.

Would you agree to that position?
  20. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Future 585:

I would actually and sincerely be interested in reading that paper you wrote. I'm curious to see how much of a legal leg Dan Snyder would have if the NFL decided to flex its muscle against them.

Any chance of you posting it in the NFL Zone or Off Topic Zone?