1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You really want to see a team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Avenging Hayseed, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Retain Garrett as head coach. Bring in Norv as new PLAYCALLING O.C,....Bring in Lovie Smith as D.C.

Folks saying Norvs Offense doesnt put up the big numbers anymore are talking out of theyre head. This year he dealt with a poor O line and MAJOR loss of offensive talent. Go look up San Diego's offensive output the last 5 years as a whole....Outstanding!

Lovie would also bring back the 4-3 cover 2 which has REALLY stood the test of time. Lots of turnovers too.

I'd bet about anything we get Turner. Think its almost a foregone conclusion. Lovie? The chance is almost nill. Although I would love to see it happen.

Rebuild the O line and BOOM..... Contenders. LEGIT contenders that is.
  2. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Would love Lovie's 4-3 D here
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    This...
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    be careful what you wish for. Bringing Norv back sets up for Norv being HC if Garrett falters. Jerry is looking for comfort in his old age. Norv = comfort. Comfort almost never = success.
  6. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    man, this may be the post of the year, seriously. Please forward to JJ.
    Sign me up
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Norv Turner.
    Lovie Smith.
    Bill Callahan

3 ex-coaches.

Tell me again why Jason Garrett needs to be here? What is so special about Jason Garrett that he is worth building a coaching staff like that to get him over the hump?
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Wow ..... we agree on something.

Maybe there is hope yet.

:laugh2:
  9. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

912 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    My first thought when I heard Lovie Smith was fired was "He'd probably work well with Garrett." As an outsider looking in, I think they have the same type of mindset when it comes to coaching in the league.

I also think that if you want to change back to a 4-3, now is the time to do so. You have a huge hole at NT with Ratliff probably not coming back, and Price's probably imprisonment. Coleman and Spears are probably gone at DE. There's going to be some significant turnover on the DL. You have the opportunity to bring in new players to fit a new scheme.

This isn't an indictment of Rob Ryan. To be sure, his defense has played abhorrently over the past two months. But they were just devastated by injuries. You can't put that all on Ryan's shoulders. I think he did as well as could be expected given the circumstances.

As for Norv, well, I'm generally in favor of anything that removes JG's playcalling duties.
  10. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Lovie will get another head coaching job. Norv is meh. Don't care if we get him or not.
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Again the 4-3 vs. 3-4 debate almost always favors the 4-3 because it's sexier, more premiere D Line rushers and an added rusher in general. But really we play the 3-4 very well. Rob is a good coordinator simply dealt a bad, injured hand this year. Furthermore, say we keep Spencer as 90% of the board wants to, then the move to 4-3 poses a need at DE because our 4-3 LB corp is best as Lee Carter and Spencer. Just my thoughts at the moment, the way my head is after last night I am liable to change my mind as this is all very overwhelming.
  12. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My fear RIGHT HERE!
  13. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Lovie just won 10 games in a division where 2 teams made the playoffs, and you think he is going to come in here and play second fiddle to 8-8? Riiiiiiight.

Just as a fun side note, his terrible Bears scoring offense managed to score 1 less point than Ivy League geniuses and 25 more points than the brilliant Norval.
  14. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Im " o.k" with Garrett as head coach. But as a playcaller Im done. Norv is the perfect fit to bring balance to our offense AND team. LOVIE would be huge as a D.C IMO. Have to see if he gets any offers as a head coach.
  15. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Anyone who is honest KNOWS that we never put Aikman in the position Romo has been in,....never asked him to do near as much as we ask Romo to do with clearly inferior talent to what Troy had. Simple reason Norv didnt ask Troy to do those things,......he KNEW that Troy couldnt. Put Troy in this exact offense with the same players around him Tony has and the same playcaller in Garrett and he fails in a big way.

Dont get me wrong,...not bashing Troy at all,....but no way he does as well as Tony in the same situation. In fact....wouldnt even be close.
  16. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Great. Well he had a future HOF WR, the best oline in football and the future all rushing leader. WE aint got any of that.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I like Lovie, and moving back to a 4-3. I was listening to Gil Brandt on a Mickey Spagnola show, and Gil was saying, we should be running the 4-3 with the personnel we have. So yeah..
  18. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Exactly. Thats exactly what I am driving at. Troy had all those things and yet Norv STILL never put Aikman in the kinds of horrible positions that Garrett puts Romo in all the time.

Norv understands that Offense is about BOTH the passing game AND the RUNNING game. Not just one.
  19. Avenging Hayseed

2,262 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Yep. Sean Lee at middle linebacker with two defensive tackles in front of him to keep lineman off of him would be out frikkin standing. Bruce Carter would be amazing as a strongside backer. I fully believe Spencer would do very well at the other outside backer spot. Spencer has always been very good against the run.
  20. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    ...because it wasnt the best option. So if not putting the ball in Romo's hands...who are we expecting to take us to the SB?

Please....we are so flawed.