1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You will probably be bummed out on draft day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,855 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    It's true. I don't think the Boys have EVER drafted the player I was hoping for (Fonoti, Pollack, Sopoaga, S. Jackson all spring to mind).

Oh, well...I'll still watch and hope THIS will be the year!
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

The last time they drafted someone I wanted (in the first round) was Roy Williams (that trade down almost gave me a heart attack).

In the end, as long as the player they take turns into a good player I'm happy.

Hopefully they take the player I want this year, and hopefully I'm right about that player. :cool:

:star:
  3. bobbie brewskie

bobbie brewskie New Member

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    once they see my trade down proposal all your dreams will come true rack, and more.
  4. hendog

hendog Active Member

2,092 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I think you're right. Now we just have to figure out how to get him drafted.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Julius Jones was my favourite player in the draft a couple years ago...He was one of the only guys I actually saw play in college and I was blown away.

I was ecstatic when we got him. Of course, everyone was going insane at the time!

I also really wanted us to pick up Burnett, so that was pretty cool.

But I've learned in the last couple of years not to get too hung up on certain players. If you do, you'll always be let down.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

I like your proposal.

The problem is it's the Bengals that have to like your proposal, and have a need/want to carry out that proposal.
  7. bobbie brewskie

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    check out my mock in the draft zone 2006 section, it explains the entire reason they are going to accept it for. i did my research. and btw i need some feedback on my stupid mock neways.
  8. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    lol man... and exactly how are you planning on presenting your trade proposal to the Dallas Cowboys front office?
  9. bobbie brewskie

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yup ima walk right in there, and b**** slap JJ on the face with my blueprint. haha im kidding but i wish they would follow my draft.
  10. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sopoaga we really missed out there. Dont forget R Moss!!!! The worst snub ever.
  11. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I usually pick 7 or 8 guys I like and hope we draft at least one of them. Before last year I had only gotten two of those guys (not counting Aikman) Flozell Adams and Larry Allen. Last year I got three - Spears, Ware, and Canty in one year. I'm due for several years of disappointment.
  12. watertown

watertown Member

274 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason Allen in the third is very wishful thinking
  13. bobbie brewskie

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason Allen in the third is wishful, but at the same time very possible. he was never and will never be a first round prospect. hes not that good, i had him at best 49th like ive said 100000 times. his stock keeps dropping and dropping and essentially itll hit 80th pick and i will be a happy man.
  14. Justis

Justis New Member

572 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wanted Spears this year. I wanted Merriman first, but Ware was a good substitution.
  15. cleverusername

cleverusername New Member

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The closer we get to the draft, the more guys I discover, and the more guys I like. It would be hard for me to be completely disappointed. on draft day I'm like a kid in a candy store. Draft day > Christmas ( well not this year because the Boys play)
  16. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,330 Messages
    360 Likes Received

I wanted alot of players we have selected.

Roy WIlliams, Terrence Newman...was begging for both of those studs on draft day and extremely happy we got them!

Last years Draft I wanted Marcus Spears at #11 Dallas selected him at #20!

I am looking forward to the 06 Draft!! Many players would be noce additions in the 1st including Manny Lawson, Mathias Kiwanuka, Jimmy Willams, Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Kamerion Wimbley and more!:)

That's just the way I roll
  17. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Buy one, about 1,000 others have them on here. :rolleyes: :lmao:
  18. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Take those chuck norrisisms off your sig. TO is not off the level of chuck norris!!!!
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,294 Messages
    2,850 Likes Received
    Really? The Boys have got the one I wanted 3 of the last 4 years.

BTW, who you want this year?
  20. DC5488

DC5488 Benched

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    in my memory - since 1983 or so - the Cowboys have only twice drafted the exact player i wanted. and both times i have been dissapointed...Russell Maryland and Roy Williams. good players, but not near what i hoped and thought they could be.