1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Your top 3 Fantasy Sleepers

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by NextGenBoys, Jun 28, 2010.

1. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

354 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Jason Campbell
    Jason? Snelling (ATL RB)
    Jonathan Dwyer (Pitt RB)
  2. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 Anquan Boldin - Great pick if he makes it to the fourth round
    2 Beanie Wells - Better than where he's slotted to go imo
    3 Jerome Harrison - Could get the majority of carries in Cleveland
    4 Arian Foster - I'll look for him in the last rounds and if we can spare the pick we'll take him and hope he takes over the starting role later in the season
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Now those are sleepers...deep sleepers even
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received

I actually think those are great picks.

Due to how much Turner struggled last year, and how timid he played, I could easily see Snelling getting all of the red zone/short yardage carries. He could be a 400 yard, 8-10 TD guy.

Same with Dwyer.
  5. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Turner struggled?

He averaged 4.9 yards per carry and had 10 tds. injuries were his problem, he only played 11 games.
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Yes, he hit over 100 yards in 4 games. Besides that he was pretty average all season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelturner/gamelogs?id=TUR608668

He had 3 games UNDER 3 yards per carry, and 3 games just over 3 yards per carry. Besides his 3 games where he dominated, he ran very timid and wouldn't hit the hole. That was the big talk here in Atlanta last year. Everyone said he was overworked the year before and looked timid and sluggish. He finally hit his stride and put up 3 huge games that super inflated his yardage and average.
  7. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I see. I had him in one of my fantasy leagues.:bang2:
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Well due to Norwood getting hurt every year, and them not knowing Snelling could carry the load as well, they gave turner way too many carries the year before.

I have a feeling with Snelling getting some reps that Turner will have a good 1200 yard year. So maybe look for him as a 2nd RB as he'll probably slip in drafts this year.
  9. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Van Winkle has to top the list.
  10. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i see sleeper and think 'guy that far out preforms his draft position'

kolb
    hardesty

these guys im seeing undrafted in ten team leagues, in 12 kolb can be had after round 10.

for WR i like mccluster and D.thomas if you get them late but i see them going all over the place though.

WRs that could have good years are matt jones, golden tate, roscoe parrish.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Late round fliers you can get after Round 10?

WR Jabar Gaffney -- The cat is kind of out of the bag at this point after the preseason he's had, but Kyle Orton locks on to this guy. He should be the Broncos #1 WR in targets. The Broncos will be airing it out a lot playing from behind.

QB Matthew Stafford -- Again, the Lions defensive secondary is so bad that he's almost assured to be playing from behind or in a shootout every game. He's got an arsenal of good skill position weapons at his disposal, and they've been clicking on all cylinders in the preseason (he's completed 72% of his passes so far this preseason).

RB Kareem Huggins -- He's already moved up to #2 on the Tampa Bay depth chart. He's one bad Cadillac knee away from being an NFL starter. Legit 4.3 speed. Could be this year's Jamal Charles.

TE Aaron Hernandez -- The Patriots are using him more as a slot WR than a TE. They're already featuring him in their red zone packages. 1st round talent who fell in the draft due to character flags. Definitely grab in him all keeper leagues.