1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You're Jason Garrett...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    Yes but you do so with a bias against jerry to start off with so really you are in Garrett head or just your own?

The 2nd point? None of the HC who have worked with Jerry have complained that it was too hard to work for Jerry or that he did not give them the things they needed to do the job. We blame Jerry and I have no issue with that he took on the role of GM and when the team does not win it falls on him but then people get upset when he makes moves that others make just as well?

I have no reason to think Jerry does not sit down and review the season and the job the coaching staff has done or that of the HC and looks at where we are going and what is the best approach to take. People may not like Jerry that is there right but frankly 32 other teams and their GM do the same things. It is not as different as people try to claim.
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Sure, but when an 8-8 team goes 8-8, it kinda is what it is.

This team had no business in the playoffs given the o-line and injuries.

I believe the team is close, and I think Garrett thinks it's close, too. But it needs a KEY refining upfront first.
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received

How can a NFL Head Coach be such a tard he wears a smile on the sideline during a loss....WHAT IN THE FOG?!

:yousuck: Red J!
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Have you ever heard of a GM hiring an OC before a head coach? And I'm not talking about retirement situations like Cowher where the team was already at championship level.

Campo, Gailey, and Wade didn't complain because there were ZERO teams looking to hire them as head coaches at the time they were hired.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,092 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    Sometimes I have a weird smile on my face. Turns out sometimes when you have gas pains it makes your face look like you have a weird smile but truly it is just the pain making it look that way.

Maybe it is his version of pain that looks like a smile.

Or...maybe with Gingers being kind of weird it is something else altogether.

Who knows.

I just know that I doubt anyone truly knows (at this point) if JG is happy or mad about what is currently going on with the team concerning the coaching changes.

Could be he decided he wanted the new DC.
    Could be Jerry Decided he wanted the new DC.
    Could be Jerry decided first and later Jason decided that Jerry was right.

Who knows.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,523 Likes Received
    I have seen many moves made by GM some I agree with some I don't. I do think out of the coaches named Campo had the least chance of success because I do think Jerry ran rough shot over Campo, yet with Wade?

I saw the guys that Wade brought in and I think he had quite a bit of say his down fall as normal was treating ball players like grown men expecting them to put in the work, and desire to win. Players liked him but the also quit on him.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received

Realistically everyone knows that Jason has proven to be in over his head, including Jerruhh....who has been sucking water for two decades.

I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied......learn to swim....see you down in Arkansas Bay.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Maybe, or perhaps he's just hamstrung because of the limitations of a bad offensive line and a defense that doesn't stand up at key moments.

Perhaps the team just wasn't ready yet.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Perhaps this is a concept some cannot comprehend?

Until "Jerruh" realizes that playoff teams need solid lines built through the draft, the Cowboys will continue to hover around mediocrity.
  10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,503 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    While this more be the more sensible interpretation of the situation, it's far less dramatic for those around here who crave drama, speculation, and conspiracy theory.
  11. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,517 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    I didn't hear it, what did he say?
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    He called he Kiffin hiring the best hire the Cowboys have ever made and said the the guy who did it was a genius.

Basically, Lacewell is trying to take credit for recommending Kiffin to Jerry in a tonge-in-cheek way. Or so it seemed.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    Basically that he was in Jerry's ear all season about getting Monte Kiffin in here and that we would never be able to get a coach like Kiffin with the current rules for hiring a coach.

He sounded like he really didn't like Parcells and was very disapointed we moved away from the Mike Zimmer defense.

You should hear him talk about our defenses and Zimmer from the early to mid 2000's. He sounds like we innovated something.

You can listen to the interview on that dallas cowboy fanatic's website.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,968 Messages
    9,059 Likes Received
    Oh, I think he's quite aware of the lunatic he has to answer to.

But for some reason the mystique of the Dallas Cowboys makes it all worth it to him. It's his dream job.
  15. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,552 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    good post, but I think if what you say were true as to why JG would of hired kiffin over the other guys, then I would say JG needs to be fired. I believe most confident coaches in this league would not be so insecure as to hire a lesser man due to his own position.

Now one thing that needs to be done is to hire another playcaller. If JG is ok with Callahan as a playcaller (seeing that he already has the OC title), then fine but remember that Callahan is used to running a West Coast style offense in GB and that is what he should be able to call. JG would need to trust and leave the playcalling up to the OC.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    I don't think Jerry pulls the rug out from under Garrett just to give Callahan the playcalling duties.

Our offensive scheme needs to be trashed.
  17. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Mystique and $4 million.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,968 Messages
    9,059 Likes Received
    He had other head coaching opportunities before Dallas. So if money was the motivating factor, he'd have taken that pay raise.

He's here because this is where he always wanted to be.

If it were me, this would be the last place I'd want to be as a coach or player.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    I thought Callahan did a pretty good job considering what he had and a coach that hung them out to dry like they were a quality group.

Plus the zone scheme never really became the staple that it was supposed to.

2 TE's and a fullback and cramming it between the tackles was what Garrett liked to do.