1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zell Whacks Matthews

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by 31WillHammerU, Sep 2, 2004.

1. 31WillHammerU

31WillHammerU New Member

443 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Priceless. :D
    ---------------------------

Matthews: Do you believe truthfully that John Kerry wants to defeat the world with spitballs?

Zell: That was a metaphor. You know what a metaphor is?

Matthews: Well, what do you mean by that metaphor?

Zell: He wanted to cancel these weapons programs. Cancel, means to do away with. I think we ought to cancel this interview.

Matthews: Well, that would be my loss Senator. Well, let me ask you about this because I think you have a view on reporters of the world. You said, “It was often the soldier, not the reporter, who has given the freedom of the press.” What was your point?

Zell: Well, it certainly got a rise out of you.

Matthews: Well, it’s a shot.

Zell: You’re a reporter. You didn’t have anything to do with the freedom of the press.

Matthews: Why did you single out reporters… Because you could get an applause line at a conservative convention.

J.C. Watts: Now come on, Chris.

Zell: You’re hopeless. I wish I was over there. In fact I wish we lived in the…

Matthews: If a Republican Senator broke ranks and spoke for the democrats would you respect him?

Zell: Yes, I’ve seen that happen from time to time.

Matthews: Jim Jeffords switched parties after getting elected…

Zell: Wait a minute, wait a minute… If you’re going to ask a question..

Matthews: It’s a tough question. It takes a few words.

Zell: Get out of my face! If you’re going to ask me a question, then step back, and let me answer! I wish we lived in a day where you can challenge a person to a duel. Now that would be pretty good. (Norah Odonell loud laughter)

Don’t pull that stuff on me like you did that young lady when you had her brow beaten to death. I’m not her! I’m not her! You get in my face I’m going to get back in your face. [Jim's note: I presume this is a reference to Michelle Malkin?]

Matthews: Senator can I speak softly to you?

Zell: No, no. You won’t give me a chance to answer. You ask these questions and then you just talk over while I’m trying to answer just like you did that woman the other day. Why don’t why I even came on this program.

Matthews: Well, I’m glad you did. Well let me ask you this…

Zell: No, Are you going to shut up after you ask me! Are going to give me a chance to answer it.

Matthews: Yes, sir. I’m going to give you a chance to answer.
  2. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give em hell ZELL!
  3. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are right... that is priceless.... Chris Matthews getting shot down and shut up... LOL

And I missed it.... WAHH! LOL

I liked what Cheney said last night... sure glad Zell is on our side....lol
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Here Staff Member

61,885 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received
    I do not know of this guys past...I do not know on what he has or has not done in his past....but I tell you what this guy has gained a huge amount of repsect in my eyes for his speech and just as much for the way he shot down this loud mouth reporter.

I can NOT stand that type of show when they keep asking and yelling yet never give the chance to the person being asked the question to actually answer.

Looked like this guy asking the questions found out that some people will not put up with his (and there are many that do the same thing like Bill O'reilly and Rush) little game. Looks like a big dog (Zell) made the little dog stop all of his annoying barking and turn on his back with his belly exposed.

As marsbennet said...Give em hell Zell. :cool:
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

29,083 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    I used to like Hardball a few years ago... Matthews used to play it more down the middle which is tough for a lib to do... (he was a speech writer for Jimmy Carter)

Over the past couple of years he has really used his show as a bully pulpit for his own political views... when he kept yelling Michelle Malkin down over the Swiftvet book she made the only point that mattered... He was taking the book out of context and twisting it and being very accusatory (while yelling). She asked him if he had actually read the book... he kept yelling... she asked him again to which he replied "No"

That one word shored up his entire hypocricy... Zell Miller is not going to be treated that way as he has a long history of being a fireball...

The media started trying to tear Zell down immediately following the speech starting on CNN... he came on the set and let them have it too...

Nice to see someone stand up to the polical pundits and not let them spin what was actually said...
  6. BrAinPaiNt

61,885 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received
    If anyone finds a video link to that interview...please post it on this forum...I would LOVE to see it.

Thanks
  7. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I found the full Matthews/Miller video on MSNBC's website and just got done watching it.... WOW! I don't think I've ever seen Matthews shut up and "yes sir" anyone like that before... I hope Zell takes Matthews up on his offer and goes on the show tonight... I'd actually watch msnbc long enought to watch Zell get him again.
  8. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    miller vs matthews
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,885 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received

Thanks....I noticed the transcript was not as accurate covering the video.

I will have to watch this again when I get home as it kept buffering the stream at work.
  10. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,348 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    From USA Today:

11. BrAinPaiNt

61,885 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received

Good read.

I flipped over to fox a little last night and noticed Bill O was talking with Bono and I was thinking to myself....why are they showing this stuff while someone is down there speaking.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,348 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think it's the O'Reilly factor (pun intended). Everyone's scrambling to be the liberal O'Reilly now, Matthews included. It's similar to when Jerry Springer had such success with his style of show... all the other talk show hosts followed suit once they saw that's what worked.

Additionally, I think Matthews is a contrarian at heart. He hated Clinton when he was in power, he hates Bush now that he's in power. We'll see what happens if Kerry gets elected... maybe he'll like him since he's a New England liberal... he seems to have a soft spot for them.
  13. ArkCowboy

ArkCowboy New Member

443 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    as if we needed more proof that this guy is a moron
    sad
  14. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought it was funny...

think about it... Matthews and Miller in a old western duel... wouldn't that be a funny sight...lol baggy pants, 10 gallon hats, chew in the gums, suspenders and funny collared shirts... it's funny Ark...:)
  15. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You mean like this? Just in case you missed it in the other thread! :D

What Zell Miller Said About Kerry - Before He Sold His Soul to BushRove
    At the Georgia Democrats' Jefferson-Jackson Dinner on 3-1-01, Zellout said: "My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders - and a good friend. He was once a lieutenant governor [and] it just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984. In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington. Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so. John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its 'Digital Dozen.'"
  16. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,791 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Political suicide.

No republican will respect a guy that ever said these nice things about Kerry, no democrat will respect a guy that betrayed them, and no libertarian or independent will support a guy with two faces and a propensity to stab people in the back.

Good job Zell. ps, you lied about Kerry's views on weapons programs and Iraq too. You proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a typical politician that can't be trusted or believed.
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received

No..No...NO..You got it all wrong! It was taken out of context! :D
  18. BrAinPaiNt

61,885 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received

Political Suicide?

You are probably right...but I do not think the guy cares and I do not think he tends to stay in government when his term is up.

He also did not lie about Kerry's weapons programs...he did vote against them...but there were other things inthe bill as well....hmmm lie/ half truth / who knows lol but bottom line was that kerry did vote against something with the weapons program within it..
  19. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    funny thing is that I don't care one way or the other about Zell Miller... I just thought is was very amusing how he took everyone on... He was very passionate about what he was saying... it was an in your face speech... and he spoke and an old time manner "spitballs", "duel" etc... it was all funny to me

Just very entertaining during a time of extreme stress, anger and hatred...

By the way... he said he was retiring when his term ends
  20. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    And the Spin game begins!