1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zimmer given permission to interview with Falcons

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by mullet, Jan 8, 2007.

1. T-New41

T-New41 Shut 'em Down

2,227 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Maybe JJ should offer to pay Zimmer's first year salary if the Falcons agree to sign him right now.
  2. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    is LeBeau not under contract?
  3. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    zimmers contract is up in a few weeks.
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'll chip in a quick $100.:D
  5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Seriously, one thing I worry about with all the Zimmer talk. I've trashed him as much as many others, but what if it's not Zimmer afterall. What if it's Parcells? I was continually on Peyton's butt last year for the pathetic play calling. Now look what he's doing in N.O. Anything but boring and conservative. It's very possible that Parcells is holding Zimmer down as well. Let's face it. None of us actually know.
  6. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,968 Messages
    323 Likes Received
  7. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,968 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I agree we don't know.

I wasn't the least bit worried when Payton left. In fact, I think I at some point referenced how his offenses seemed to excel (every season) for the first six weeks only to flame out from there.

Funny how the whole team seems to go by that trend (seemingly gets worse as the season moves along). Perhaps it is Parcells.
  8. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,916 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I want them both gone. Why wait another year to find out if it was Zimmer and/or BP who was at fault for the bad defense. I have a feeling they both were the reason.
  9. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

931 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Good for him.Getting away from Bill Parcells is the best thing that can happen to him.
  10. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,610 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    unless the Steelers hire somebody other than Whisenhut or Grimm to be head coach, Lebeau is not leaving Pittsburgh. Not happening. The Steelers let him leave once, he's revered here, he has no desire to be a hc, he has stated he'd like to coordinate this defense until he retires, and the Steelers consider him the most valuable coach on the staff other than the head coach.
    carry on.
  11. BlueDemon

BlueDemon Benched

383 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IF PARCELLS goes, you may Zimmer made head coach ala Campo...Jerrah loves him some Zim :starspin
  12. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,561 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce baby Jesus,

Please make this happen. Thanks.

HHW.
  13. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    One man's dog is another franchise's messiah.

The coaching careers of men are often cyclical. Payton was scum after a Super Bowl season in the eyes of New Yorkers, he didn't do a whole lot of visible things in Dallas either.

Zimmer is actually the last remaining remnant of Super Bowl glory on the Cowboy team believe it or not.

I think certain schemes he thrives in and is in a funk at present, remember he is only two years immerged in the 3-4 but hey I'm sure I'll be lambasted for saying he is hard working and quality coach.

Atlanta will be getting themselves a pretty good coordinator should they pick him up and he'll get to run a defense he prefers undoubtedly.

I just hope Dallas can snag a quality replacement.
  14. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Zimmer vs Payton twice a year if he goes.

(sorry if anyone said this)
  15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,398 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    The defense began a downward spiral AFTER Parcells got here.

:eek:
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think it's both, only Ware and Carp are competent blitzers, and Carp is just figuring it out, and the only 2 competent pass-rushers out of 7, and Bill strips down the play-calling to a more conservative level because of the problems at S, mainly FS
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just wonder if you've actually seen Zimmer in action, or if you're just talking about of both sides of your mouth...

and it's the job of the players to create turnovers, which you mentioned, not the coaches, you've seen lately, how many turnovers our players let slip through their grasp, or them not being in position to make them, that's on them
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that's how they won, not because of their O

but I agree that the #1 ranking in '03 was totally misleading
  20. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    ESPN reported he signed w/ the Falcons.