1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zogby: McCain/Palin slightly in lead today

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I'm going to blame Obama for Gustav. He promised changed and yet there are still hurricanes. unreal.
  2. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    That was how he polled the two days leading up to the convention but during the convention (26-28th) Rassmussen had it tied or McCain in the lead. In fact, if you look at the entire month of August the last three days are the strongest three day showing for Obama.
  3. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,911 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    :laugh2::bow:
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I swear, three years later people just don't understand the situation there.

Blanco took too long to declare a state of emergency. Bush had no authority to move any federal money or services until she did so. He called her several times and told her this.

Naggin took too long to act as well. Not putting into action an emergency contingency was fatal to many residents. But yet they blame Bush for this.

Now, look at this situation.

My mom and family have evacuated already and the storm won't hit until late Monday. The contraflow has already begun (I believe) and they have made plans for the elderly and the ones who need assistance.

Jindal has been all over this like stink on a skunk. And if this turns out to be a great response to this, will Bush be given credit?

Wanna take bets on that now?

BTW: This was in response to the topic in general not directly to Ice.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    Personally, I would give credit to all government officials for their responses. From Florida to Texas, I think they all learned from both Katrina and Rita hurricanes.

As y'all know I live in Houston, so any significant turn I might have to bounce out of here at any moment. I'm paying close attention to all the media reports and at this point, there's only a 20% chance it could hit here.

Anyway, every government agency from Fl to Texas has been on point. Sometimes you gotta go thru things before you can really know how to handle 'em better.

BTW, did your fam arrive ok?
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They got all the way up to Toledo Bend as far as I know. We have some property there north of Leesville. Not sure what will happen if the thing turns dramatically NE when it hits land. They said they will be ahead of it if it does and they will head on up here (Nashville). Just holding our breath right now and praying. That's about we can do right now.
  7. the fake norm hitzges

the fake norm hitzges New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    as much as i love polls.and since presidents are elected by electorial collage.i would rather see how the polls are shaping up on a state by state basis.if anyone can find some current info on that it be much appeciated
  8. the fake norm hitzges

the fake norm hitzges New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the biggest bass i ever caught was out of lake toledo bend.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, they got some bigguns' out there for sure.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,724 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I wonder if the same idiots who stayed in NO during Katrina will stay again during Gustav? Probably.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Wow. I missed this post first time through.

It's so stupid, I'm glad I missed it.

:bang2:
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    That's a legit question. However, getting state-by-state data that is meaningful is tough. Realistically you would need a sample of around 3000 from each state to be able to say, with a reasonable margin of error, how a candidate will perform there. For that reason, you generally aren't going to see daily polls that give a state by state breakdown until you get really close to the election. And then only for states where it looks close.

This site has a breakdown of the most recent polls in each state
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/ - however, most are not all that current and many rely on samples that are so small that the margin of error swings 5 points either way. I would note that the states marked "solid" are ones that are probably not going to be contested much -- e.g., Obama in Illinois, McCain in Arizona. But again, there aren't great state by state polling numbers at this point