1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zoners: Ask DMN Cowboys beat writer Jean-Jacques Taylor

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 12, 2006.

1. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...based on a similar theme of yours.

Most talented player you ever saw at camp for the Cowboys who fizzled out? Not based on draft position, but based on actual physical talent.

I hope he has the fortitude to throw the name out and why.
  2. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What really happened between you and Roy Williams?

Who is the most down to earth Cowboy to talk to? Who was the biggest pain in the you know what to talk to?
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    JJT, how does TO look in that full body suit? Does he make you horny, baby?

YEAH!

[IMG]
  4. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. Taylor: Please for the love of God, tell me what has become of Issaic Holt. I don't care about the free tickets (can't use them here in Canada anyway) but if you were to do some private detective work and find out what has become of one of the all-time coolest Cowboys, I would be in your debt forever. Most of the ingrates on here fail to realize Ike's immense contribution to the team's glory years but I for one, will never forget the swagger that he brought to this team. Please feel free to PM the answer. I won't reveal your identity.
  5. VoR

VoR Member

562 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The way the Rangers are playing, gold level seats are a punishment not a reward! Gotta do better than that JJT - like Cowboys tickets.
  6. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    JEMM, your Holt-love has hit an as of yet unreached plateau! This is new territory for you, my friend.
  7. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I miss the guy. Don't worry though, I'm not about to paste a mug-shot of him onto some guitar-player and make it my sig. That being said, if anyone does have any good pics of the great man (ex. crunching block on Drummond, blocking punts, returning an interception in all his flat-footed glory, etc.), I'd be much obliged if you told how to get my hands on them.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Hi JJT. First of all thank you for the shout outs on the radio. Very cool of you.

Have you ever considered doing a book about the Cowboys?

PS

You gotta hook up my pal Woody's Girl with Darren Woodson for a photo, autograph or something. She gives so much and is his #1 fan.
  9. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,262 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    yep it's fiveandcounting. come out come out wherever you are.
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,262 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    JTT: When you play Madden on defense do you use Ware or Roy? BTW i usually use Ellis.
  11. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One more question:

JJT, why do you read the Zone? Do you find info here that you can't get through your sources? Do you do it to weigh the interest of the average fan and which stories will sell better? Or are ya just an internet nerd like the rest of us? :D
  12. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,947 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Will the Cowboys win their 6th SB with Parcells as coach?

:grin:
  13. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,262 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    JTT: In your opinion, what's the problem with Andre Gurode. He was so promising as a rookie and at times played extremely well last year. Why hasn't he panned out? Coaching? Is he dumb? Maybe he wasn't as good as advertised from the beggining? Is he the next Solomon Page?
  14. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,538 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    jjt if bledsoe happens to go down this season as of right now who do you think could take over at the helm? romo or henson?
  15. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,550 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    JJT, we have been hearing very little in regards to the off-season conditioning program. In your opinion and or observations who is having an excellent off-season? Who is having the worst?
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,183 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Will Julius Jones remain the starting RB or will he be unseated by Marion Barber?
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,689 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  18. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's so funny? You disagree about Holt's greatness?
  19. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How did you get your start at the DMN? What would your advice be to future sports journalists?
  20. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,972 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    JJT: Have you even been banned here for arguing with me ? How about some Yankee tickets for your out of town readers...Hos will be visiting NY on draft weekend. Want him to say hi to M. Kiper for you ?