1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zoners: Ask DMN Cowboys beat writer Jean-Jacques Taylor

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,868 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Good question.
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First of all, Thanks for doing this. I think its totally cool of you to put yourself out like this. Especially with all the Pulitzer prize winning sports writing editors who criticize your writing on this forum.

Anyway, you've talked about this before but since Henson's been doing so well in Europe, are the Cowboys looking to get the best value for him on the market or is he still a leading option for the future starting position in Dallas?

about the handle? let's say... adbutcher. just a shot in the dark :)
  3. Gibby!

Gibby! Pom Pom Waving Shill

1,509 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I don't see what the big deal is if he does read this board? Where else can you get the pulse of the fan base without being in among the fans? This type of forum lets him do so anonymously.

And so what if he asks questions that we as fans ask on the board? You should be gratefull that your getting you questions asked / (and hopefuly) answered.

Yeah it could be considered plagarism or "cheating", but he is asking questions that fans want to know. And I for one am glad he is at least looking at things that people want answers too.

Instead of berating him, we should be taking advantage of it, and asking serious questions (not that some aren't...)
  4. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What is the organizations thoughts on Henson and his play in NFLE? How likely is it that he will be cut during training camp?
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,267 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    JJT, do you own a pony?
  6. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,810 Messages
    964 Likes Received
    I figured it out.........JJT is Brown Sugar. Shortly before JJT's article came out regarding Davis, Brown Sugar posted that Davis was going to sign the offer with the Saints.

OMG, I always imagined Brown Sugar to be this sexy, Halle Berry type, and JJT just ruined my image of her..................
  7. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    PUDDING, happens to be very "serious" to me. I'd appreciate it if you'd not belittle that, hater!
  8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,865 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    You couldn't be further from the truth.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
    That's going to leave a mark.
  10. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeaaa, you're much more "Fred Sandford-ish" with just a hint of Antonio Fargas IMHO.

:D
  11. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  13. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,090 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Question: Who has the most respect from their peers amongst reporters, beat writers, etc.. who regulary attend the BP press conferences?... In other words, the person that everybody pays extra close attention to when they ask a question.

Question: Who do you look up to in your profession?

Question: What do you think is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness professionally?

Question: If you could do a one on one interview with any one Dallas Cowboys, past or present, player or coach, who would it be and why?

Question: Can we have a weekly, requested article sponsored by DallasCowboyszone? Basically, we ask you to write about something and you do some research and write about it.. My first request.. Can you write an article on the Cowboys offseason training program, interview the strength coach and find out what the individual goals are for each player... that would be a great article and it's information that we can't get elsewhere.
  14. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,149 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Let me interject here in regards to those attempting to hijack this thread with unacceptable questions...

C'mon guys... do we need agenda driven juvenile crapola questions here?

This is a nice opportunity to ask a guy, much closer than us to the Cowboys mind you, questions about our team...

I will tell you... those of us sticking our necks out to bring you this opportunity get pretty pissed-off when you don't take it seriously... Yeah... every one is a comedian... :rolleyes:

If you want to make light of the opportunity, no one here is stopping you from going elsewhere...

You gripe and complain about nothing in the off-season and you have this opportunity... an opportunity we provide you every single frickin' year... do you think you can conduct yourselves as adults?

We have provided you access to Akin Ayodele, Randy Galloway, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Chad Hennings and countless scoops on what the Cowboys are doing... and we have more in store...
  15. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,377 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    That is a good one. When I was in high school, Allen Hemburger (sp?), a Houston anchor, came to my highschool to speak to us on career day. I was the only person in my group interested about the media and had my notebook ready for his wisdom........he ranted to us for 40 minutes about how we were all going to get drafted and killed in war before we were 25...talk about ruining my day.

JJT, I think you would help alot of younger Zoners out by telling them how they can get in the business. I know I was dying for the info 8 years ago.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,834 Messages
    9,171 Likes Received
    Well, I believe this thread has run its course. I will be submitting all questions and Zone ID entries to JJT by 5:00 today. So if anyone has any last minute questions, the thread will remain open until then.

Thanks for all the great questions, guys. Let's hope JJT give us some good answers. :)
  17. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,420 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    Question for JJT:

- do you think we could have won those Super Bowls in the 90's without the Hershel Walker trade?

- Julius Jones hasn't stayed healthy in 2 years. Is this his final year to prove himself? If he gets hurt again, will we be looking at RB next year?

- Since Michael Irvin's departure, we haven't come close to addressing the WR spot in the draft. Is this the year we take a young standout WR?
  18. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    168 Likes Received

Thank You sir, I was getting tired of opening this thread to read the questions and seeing people just joking around. :bow:
  19. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

841 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Question for JJT:

1. How long will Bill Parcells stay on board as the Cowboys Head Coach?

2. Who do you realistically see coming in as Parcells replacement?

3. Was it a "mistake" to cut Larry Allen (as speculated on ESPN)?

4. Which players are the Cowboys targetting in the first round of the draft?

Thank you...:starspin
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    JJT:

If you could take any ONE player from the current Cowboys team to build a new team around, who would that be and why do you pick him?

Thanks for doing this BTW.