1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zoners: Coale is excited to be a Cowboy!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, May 1, 2012.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/308144

BLACKSBURG -- Danny Coale's mind was awash with thoughts once a number with a Texas area code came up on his phone during the final day of the NFL Draft on Saturday.

He couldn't help but think of the prank call a Rutgers receiver got two days earlier, informing him he'd been drafted when he had not.

When Coale answered, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was on the other end. The Cowboys were about to select the Virginia Tech wide receiver in the fifth round with pick No. 194.

"When you talk to Jerry Jones, you hear his voice and know it's him, it's such a thrill," Coale said. "It's so awesome."

(link above for rest of the story)

(Additional Coale information) http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...-redux-danny-coale-getting-all-sorts-of-love/
  2. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The very end of that article is priceless.

:starspin
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,934 Messages
    9,013 Likes Received
    Could you imagine that nightmare?

Let's say you have a family member or a really good friend who is lucky enough to be drafted into the NFL. And they get drafted by the Washington Redskins.

That would royally suck.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    I think he's definitely going to make this team... Runs very good routes and has great hands.
  5. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

836 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That's exactly what happened to my neighbors. When I was leaving in Richmond, Va. back in the mid 90's, my neighbors were huge Cowboy fans. We used to watch all the games together, whether at my house, their house or the local Holiday Inn that had a sports bar in it. Their son played football for the University of Richmond Spiders. He was drafted in 1998 by the Washington Redskins. His name is Shawn Barber.

He also had a stints with the Eagles.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,934 Messages
    9,013 Likes Received
    I remember him.

What do you do? Do you become a Redskins fan? Is that even possible to just switch sides like that?
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,903 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    And why wouldn't they... a LOT less stressful.... so much drama with that bunch...

They measure success on beating us... they are an annoying fly to us... I could care less about them...

Now, I like a few of their fans that post here... nothing on them... but most Redskin fans need to get a life...

WE DON'T CARE... We really DON'T... Most of us are Texans... we have our own lives...

We couldn't care less about the Redskins... but I'll keep some of their posters...

The obsession they have with us is, frankly, comical...

WE DON'T CARE...
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,183 Messages
    6,970 Likes Received
    My son cried when he asked who I'd root for if he were drafted by the Redskins.
  9. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

836 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The Barbers had a draft party as they knew he was likely to be drafted. After the Skins drafted him in the fourth, his father toasted him by saying, "I love you as you are my first born, but I love the Cowboys more". Everyone was laughing their behinds off. And his father was true to his word as he even rooted for the Boys even when they were playing against is son. Mom's another story though.

On a side note, Shawn and several of his teammates had to travel to the University of Virginia for their pro day in which the Cowboys had scouts there. He was telling us how the Cowboys scouts were raving about Randy Moss, which they had attended Marshalls pro day the day before. By that I just knew we were going to take him with the 8th pick. The rest is history. :bang2:
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,625 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    It would suck but I'd have to root for whatever team my son played for. I make no bones about that. My family is far more important to me than my favorite sports team.

If my son were blessed to play in the NFL and he got drafted for the hated Eagles I'd be the biggest Eagle fan on Earth for as long as he played for the team.

And, no, I don't feel bad about that in the least.
  11. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Good for you, and I couldn't agree more.
    :bow:
  12. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2:........

this.....i would wish my son the best career ever, and give him all the support he needs, i would hope he gets to said teams ROH, win some rings and go to the Hall.......but i couldnt just change my allegiance ...
  13. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,352 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Luckily for me, I just have a girl ... and she knows better than to cross that line.

If I had a son and he was drafted by the Redskins, I'd have to tell him it's time to make use of his degree.
  14. igtmfo

igtmfo Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    48 Likes Received
  15. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

962 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    If my son ever was drafted by the Eagles (and he has no athletic ability, so this is just an exercise in futility LOL) me being a fan would be akin to taking up satan worship! Sorry, just could NEVER root for them! And if the choice between being an Eagles fan and satanic worship ever came up, well......where's the nearest pentagram!

I keed I keed. :laugh1: But still, I could never ever fathom rooting for them!
  16. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    What is this thread about? I just heard zoners and came a runnin'.
  17. onetrickpony

onetrickpony Member

725 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    The son of a friend worked for the 'Skins. What really sucked was when he would wear his son's SB rings and wave them under my nose!
    :mad:
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    On ESPN.com today, Kiper listed 6 later round "early impact" offensive players:

Joe Adams
    Bobbie Massie
    Marvin Jones
    Lamar Miller
    Danny Coale
    Travis Benjaman