1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zoners: JJT responds to your questions...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 19, 2006.

1. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I want to know who asked him what his biggest strength and his biggest weakness are.

That person has to be in Human Resources.

Man, I hate that question - it is just so stupid. The most rehearsed and asked question of all time.
  2. watertown

watertown Member

274 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    wow, how many chat places can have a one on one with a top reporter for their team. Fantastic WG
  3. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

401 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Thanks to WG and the Zone.

I've been a critic of JJT, just like many of us. I am pleased to concede that he comes across very well in the above interview.

Glad to see that he makes no attempt to deny reading our poignant opinions - and no doubt steals them for his most interesting stories!
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Way to pull defeat from a victorious post... :D
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Big props to the Zone and JJT for doing this.

And thatnks for answering one of my Q's. Much appreciate it.

One more example of why this is the best Cowboys board on the net.
  6. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

401 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Truthfully guys - before CowboysPlus came about, and we were forced to subscribe...... I used to enjoy reading JJTs opinions.

My beefs came about when he seemed to be very anti-BP. Perhaps due to how awkward it is to get info out of VR.

This site, I believe, is worth far more than any subscription site I've come across.

Fantastic site, fantastic people, .....etc....etc.....

[/sycophancy off] :)
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,321 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Because winicki is sexy?
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure that aint it! :eek:
  9. p1_

p1_ New Member

658 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Speak for yourself. Is there something you need to tell us?
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,321 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received

Ok I am sorry for being modest...it is because I am sexy.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,270 Messages
    5,518 Likes Received
    Why would he need to be a fan? To give the benefit of the doubt?

Unless he just completely hates the Cowboys, I feel not being a fan is more advantageous if we want an unbiased point of view. Otherwise, I could go to a half dozen message boards and read homer interpretations all day long if that is what I was interested in.
  12. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Props to JJT for taking the time to do the Q&A, especially with all the crap he gets from his critics here. Sounds like a stand-up dude. :cool:
  13. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  14. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Amen to that!

JJT does a pretty good job of analyzing the Cowboys and reporting straight facts. He can be opinionated at times but he's better than a lot of beat reporters out there.

I'd still be interested to know if he owned a pony....
  15. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,059 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I asked it.. and no, I'm not in Human Resources.. but there is a reason that they ask you that question at almost every interview. There are many different ways that you can answer it and there is no right or wrong way even if you have a rehearsed answer. The question is more psychological than anything else. It usually tells you something that the person is proud of or wants to be recognized for and then something else.. It's the something else that gives you a little more insight to the person. Most people will answer the question with two strengths, but say the second could be perceived as a weakness. Not stating an actual weakness can also be telling of an individual. Some people will cite things that others have told them, both good and bad and then some state something that they personally think that they can improve upon. None of them are right or wrong.

JJT's answer was pretty good IMO.. he's passionate/prideful about what he does, almost defensively so and maybe he can work on building trust/comfort in relationships with people along with finding out what the building blocks are for great extended interviews
  16. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

629 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Just another great thread from WG..........I don't think BrainPaint knows who JJT is but Winicki does and will probably make his announcement at the start of the draft! The group of guys/gals on this board are great Cowboy fans (for the most part) and provide me with great entertainment throughtout the year up here in the frozen tundra!;)
  17. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I too have always enjoyed JJT's column. I agree with most of his insights. Even when I don't agree with, I still like to read his work, even though it's not perfect, but whose is.
  18. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just because he criticizes BP doesn't mean he doesn't like him. It's his job to criticize anyone in the organization as he sees fit. To be a professional, he has to give his honest take.
  19. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he's not being "professional" nor is he being unbiased as much as he's taken an ANTI TUNA stance with blinders in full effect... now he's spending more energy trying to prove his point than getting info.

his answers are also super defensive and some were belittling, as if he is some great talent evaluator of offensive linemen. ROTFLMAO

He’s inconsistent. He has great size and work ethic but he makes too many mistakes when it comes to making adjustments and line calls. But Parcells likes him and it will be interesting to see if he takes advantage of that to win the starting job this year.
  20. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One thing I think JJT is spot on about is Parcells and his last hoorah. I'm almost 100% certain about it, and I don't hang around with the team like JJT. I can't see him going longer than a 4th year. It's do or die time for Bill. Hope he goes out a winner.