1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Zoners: JJT responds to your questions...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 19, 2006.

1. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sorry, but there are no indications this is Tuna's last year, any more than last year was to be his last year.

we can all guess and half would be right here... JJT brings nothing but gloom/doom there.
  2. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think Parcells can physically and mentally take another year after this. Parcells is a proud man who won't go unless he feels he's 100%. Sadly, we all get old. :(
  3. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,161 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    I disagree. JJT is spot on here. We may be "miles" better, but Parcells has as many playoff wins and only one more playoff appearance than Campo had in the same span of time.

The only caveat I make with that statement is this: Should Parcells leave, but a new coach inherits a team that suddenly explodes with young talent, then I believe we have to go back and reevaluate the Parcells era. Because, even if he fails to win here, if he leaves the team in tremendous shape for the next coach, that is a success IMO. But since we lack the ability to see into the future, all we can really evaluate is what has actually happened to date.

And thanks, JJT, for the time. Very interesting responses. Sounds like with that last comment that you more than "think" this will be Parcells' last season.
  4. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,161 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    When he signed that extension, my initial thinking was that he did that only so he wasn't perceived this season as one of those lame-duck coaches coaching without a contract extending beyond this season.
  5. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks JJT and WG, that was pretty interesting.

I agree that JJT does a good job getting stories. Better than just about anybody else that covers the Cowboys.
  6. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    does he actaully ever post on here or is he just reading the threads?
  7. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    while i respect what you "think" it is just that... what you think might happen.

The drivel JJT posts about Tuna as FACT is also just random opinions.... certainly not an informed opinion by any stretch of the imagination.

It would be no harm, no foul if he let it go already.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received
    I actually think BP does know who JJT is.

No, I will not share.
  9. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,517 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    GO WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx for the interview, that was a very informative interview that covered alot!!!!!

THANX!!!!!!!!
  10. Jack Burton

Jack Burton It's all in the reflexes.

506 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Thanks JJT and WG.
  11. Calicowboy

Calicowboy New Member

520 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for taking the time JJT.

This pretty much nails the JJ vs MBIII comparisons for me:

Q. Will Julius Jones remain the starting RB or will he be unseated by Marion Barber?

TAYLOR: Julius has the potential to be special; Barber does not. He can be a good, productive player but he doesn’t have the physical talent to be a star.

....and yes, JJ remains the starter for 06'.

12. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

402 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Ihope I am not over-stepping the mark here.... please forgive me if I am giving away trade secrets....and subsequently edit my post....but

JJT......is he Nors!:laugh1:
  13. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,556 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    You know, I always thought that picture looked a lot like Queen Latifah. I thought maybe you just really resembled her. Clearly, I know nothing....:leave:
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,662 Messages
    610 Likes Received

I don't understand why people say stuff like this. The least amount of years in a row that he's ever coached was 7 years (4 with the pats, then 3 with the Jets).

This is only his 4th year here. I think he could go another year after that, and possibly more.
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,662 Messages
    610 Likes Received

Not a single thing listed here is considered "Breaking news".

Nothing wrong with admitting that your job is a lot harder now then it was before, JJT.

:rolleyes:

I like that rule from Parcells. It separates the good writers from the wannabe's. None of them are gonna have an over abundance of info to choose from for their articles so it really shows which ones have the real talent.

Which ones will resort to "Doom and GLoom" type writing to keep their ratings up and which ones will show true talent and write something interesting w/o having to throw a negative spin on everything.

IMO, Matt Moseley (sp?) is the best sports writer in Dallas. The dude rarely, if ever, puts a negative spin on anything. When I read his articles I feel like I'm just reading information. I don't feel like the writer is trying to stir the pot or spin his own agenda.

:rolleyes:

Anyone with half an ounce of football knowledge would know that you don't start to see the results of your drafts till about 3-4 years down the road. The Cowboys had ONE first round pick during Campo's era (Roy Williams). And they had an abundance of DUMB picks during that era, and before, on a lot of their other picks as well. The team had ZERO direction.

Now the team is a legitimate contender (or getting there). And best of all the team has DIRECTION now. After all of Parcells drafts I've felt like the team is building towards something. Didn't feel that before. Not since Jimmy.

That didn't really answer the question now did it, JJT? He didn't ask what player changed from arrogant to good.

You didn't put much thought into that answer. At least I hope you didn't, for your sake.

I know you wouldn't answer this, but I wonder how many "Scoops" you've written from info you got right here. Specifically from WoodysGirl.

In fact, I know you supposedly had/have a crush on her. I wonder if your true motives with that "Crush" was cuz you know with her you'd have an "In" on behind the scenes cowboys information. If I were a writer, I'd think that way.

But then I'm an a-Hole so...

I disagree. Obviously JuJo has MORE potential to be "Special", but Barber isn't void of any potential to be special. There is some potential there.

This doesn't apply to you, JJT. But in my experience a person that thinks they work hard, usually don't. It's the people that always think they haven't done enough, and do more because of it, that are actually the hard workers.

I know in highschool when I'd have a good game I would always think about the things I could of done to do better. I don't think I ever enjoyed a good play/game I had in highschool or college. Always thinking about what I should of/could of done to do better.

Gil Brandt? C'mon! I mean, he's not a bad choice, but he's certainly not the most interesting choice. What about Randy White, Mr Cowboy, Nate Newton :D, etc...

Not a bad choice. I'd go with Newman or Roy. They're more proven.

And if you just go by ability and work-ethic, and nothing else, then TO is the obvious choice.

Me? I'd add character to my list and that would automatically void TO.

Like I stated above, Parcells has never gone less then 6 straight seasons as a head coach. I think he goes at least 5.
  16. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

34,167 Messages
    4,247 Likes Received
    That was a good read.
  17. deadrody

deadrody Member

245 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Is it just me, or did JJT totally miss the point of this question? Granted, the success or failure of his tenure is partially defined by playoff games, but it seems to me that Parcells was also brought in to change the entire direction of the franchise, and that's what this question is about. If Parcells leaves after this season, regardless of the success in 2006, does his influence on the team pay dividends in the seasons to follow, or does the entire franchise implode the way it did from 1997 until 2002 ??

Nope, he answers that they haven't won any playoff games. No kidding. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
  18. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think his life-force was just drained from the "what would you consider your strengths/weaknesses" question. Cut him some slack.

;)
  19. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You've disagreed with Hos? :eek: ;)
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I didn't know we could ask him a question, I would have asked him, "How bad does it suck to have the name Jacques?"
    ;)

But props to JJT for taking the time.