1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

“Dis or Dak” - Colin Cowherd chooses which QB’s he’d take over Dak

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmariChill, May 21, 2020 at 2:55 AM.

1. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,357 Messages
    8,070 Likes Received

If you don’t wanna watch the video, here are the QB’s he picked over Dak when given the choices:

Jimmy G
    Jared Goff
    Wentz
    Russell Wilson
    Lamar Jackson
    Sam Darnold
    Kirk Cousins
    Josh Allen
    Patrick Mahomes
    Matt Ryan
    Matthew Stafford

QB’s he selected DAK over:
    Derek Carr
    Baker Mayfield
    Ryan Tannehill
    Teddy Bridgewater (he said this one was narrow)
    Andy Dalton

According to Colin, Dak is not in the top 10. Thoughts?

*Edit: as long as it’s not Monday night, he’d take Kirk over Dak. If it’s Monday Night, I guess Dak takes the cake.

Hadenough, InTheZone, jnday and 5 others like this.
  2. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    Why does Cowherd repeat the phrase "better thrower of the football" is that so important for a quarterback to be a good thrower of the football:laugh:

It looks as if the Cowboys will be signing Dis to that long-term contract:(

NotForLong and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    5,831 Likes Received
    Jimmy G- no way I’m taking him over Dak
    Jared Goff- no way
    Wentz- nope
    Russell Wilson, yes
    Lamar Jackson, nope, not if we want to pass down the field a lot
    Sam Darnold- have to joking
    Kirk Cousins- have to be joking, will NEVER win anything
    Josh Allen- this is not serious
    Patrick Mahomes- duh
    Matt Ryan- good QB, will never win anything
    Matthew Stafford- decent QB, will never win anything

so some of those guys he picked are probably better pure throwers than Dak. Dak isn’t a great pure thrower. But he is a leader, a scrapper, and a great runner, and a good enough thrower. I feel like the options to pick up a key first down late in a game with Dak are much wider than most. Stafford, Cousins, Goff, Jimmy G., Ryan....if the coverage is great they are throwing it away, punt. Or in Cousins case, an INT. Dak can get a lot with his legs and/or buy time to lengthen the play and enable WRs to get open.
    Feel like in these debates this gets forgotten. It’s oftentimes a game changer, despite folks (ironically) putting Lamar Jackson over Dak. Dak isn’t the best QB in the league but he’s in the upper third and he’s plenty good enough to win with. I have a difficult time believing people would take a lot of those guys above over Dak in a hard fought, must win game if they really had to make that choice.

4. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,705 Messages
    6,288 Likes Received
    brady was so good man, terrible front office decision. could have got rid of this poison and bought time for a good qb

TheHerd, Mind_Liberator and FTWayne like this.
  5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

10,726 Messages
    15,670 Likes Received
    Dak haters like Cowturd not only sound desperate but dumb as well.

6. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,844 Messages
    17,579 Likes Received
    Watch what happens if we come out 5-0 and Dak is killing it. He will once again change his tune.

7. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,844 Messages
    17,579 Likes Received
    I think last year after we won the first few he was loving him.

8. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

3,174 Messages
    7,472 Likes Received

I would move Dalton to the top list. He's going to be the starting QB this season anyway, whether its due to Dak holding out or Dak stinking up the field like he did for at least 8 games last season.

9. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

9,569 Messages
    13,017 Likes Received
    Aren’t you the same guy that said CeeDee was slow and LvE would never play again? Yeah. Your opinion means nothing here bud

10. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

4,970 Messages
    5,849 Likes Received
    I'll take Dak over every QB in the NFL.

Whirlwin likes this.
  11. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

1,136 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    Fair play he's pretty much bang on the money if people look at it objectively.

I wouldn't be so dismissive like he was when choosing Goff over Prescott. Jury is still out on Goff e.g. in reading defenses without McVey telling him what to do but I do cut him some slack for last season as he basically didn't have a running game and the oline was one of the worst in the league and he reached the Superbowl season before. Josh Allen hasn't had much of an oline and zero weapons really - he has been given some help next season. He looked great at times and looks very exciting heading into next season. This is the season to judge Darnold. He finally has protection along the oline and finally has some weapons. It has virtually been Misson Impossible the past two seasons. I think Jimmy G will improve even more this season with a first round receiver in the offense - reached the superbowl last season. He hasn't played many games and is still open to improvement. Matt Ryan MVP few years back, very durable and has generally been excellent over the past four years. No debate apart from age. Wentz has shown that is a better QB subject to availability. Stafford is a better QB than Prescott but agree with Colin that the Lions have underachieved with him. Mahomes, Wilson and Jackson - embarrassing to even ask the question. I would have no issue with Prescott over Cousins, not much in it and both in that same mid tier of quarterbacks in the league.

AmariChill likes this.
  12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

26,522 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    So basically he is an overzealous Dak hater and he STILL thinks Dak is better than average? LOL

Looks like the trolls take another beating.

13. StarOfGlory

StarOfGlory Well-Known Member

1,604 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    Hmm...

Mahomes and Wilson, yes.
    Wentz, if healthy, okay, I see that.
    The rest? Nope.

14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,276 Messages
    35,920 Likes Received
    In no particular order within tiers.

Tier One:
    Brees
    Ben R
    Brady
    Mahomes
    Wilson
    Rodgers
    Watson

Tier Two:
    Goff
    Wentz
    Dak
    Jimmy G
    Stafford
    Tannehill
    Rivers

Tier Three:
    Mayfield
    Murray
    Bridgewater
    Dalton
    Josh Allen
    Winston
    Foles
    Minshew
    Darnold

Tier Four:
    Kyle Allen
    Trubisky
    Lock
    Taylor
    Haskins
    Jones

Insufficient Data:
    Tua
    Burrow
    Stidham
    Herbert

Luther and DFWJC like this.
  15. DaveRowe

DaveRowe Member

48 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Dak Prescott is a lot like Craig Morton. Morton was good on paper but not good enough to win it all.

MaineBoy likes this.
  16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,336 Messages
    21,518 Likes Received
    Ummm.....yes.

StarOfGlory and Tangle_Foot like this.
  17. kskboys

19,336 Messages
    21,518 Likes Received
    Nice list.

About the only thing I'd change is to add Lock and Jones to the insufficient data list. Jones showed signs of becoming really good, and Lock showed signs of promise in his debut in the last 5 games.

Oh, and I'd put Darnold there also. His OL was beyond atrocious last season.

18. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,732 Messages
    7,356 Likes Received
    Jimmy G - Dak

Jared Goff - heck no. Goff is really not good. Does this idiot even watch football? Goff struggles to even adjust at the LOS. He can’t see the field and can’t read a defense.

Wentz - health plays a big factor in this one. They’re very even to me.

Russell Wilson - of course. Wilson is Top-3.

Lamar Jackson - I‘d like to see what he does in his third year. I’d probably take him over Dak.

Sam Darnold - I think he could be good or even great with a less atrocious head coach. Why NYJ hired an absolute failure as their HC is beyond me.

Kirk Cousins - Dak

Josh Allen - Dak

Patrick Mahomes - Duh. Best QB in football.

Matt Ryan - at this point in their career, Dak, but if age isn’t a factor in this hypothetical situation then I take Ryan.

Matthew Stafford - same situation as Ryan.

19. kskboys

19,336 Messages
    21,518 Likes Received
    Jackson? Shows all the signs of a short term wonder.

Allen wasn't good. Everyone keeps boosting him up because BUFF made the playoffs, but that was mostly due to the 3rd ranked D. BUFF's O was 24th, 26th in passing.

ghst187 and Irvin88_4life like this.
  20. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    2,540 Likes Received
    Were did all this love for Lamar Jackson come from? He is currently the best athlete in football. Similar to Cam during his Super Bowl run. Jackson cannot throw the football. The Ravens run an old school college offense. Cowherd’s love for Wince and “I see ghosts” baffles me.

csirl, ghst187, Hennessy_King and 2 others like this.