News: “Perpetual tardiness” caused Cowboys players to sour on Greg Hardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
here is my take on it, Hardy gets more media attention than anyone in the NFL this year.
People love dirty laundry..... wow that song just came on!!

He was a good player on what turned out to be a crappy team having a bad year.
He didnt have any help from the other DL about 80% of the time.
When I watched him he seemed to be going all out, and was double teamed at times.

Did anybody on the defense have a great season?... .. no They all had moments where they did good, but it was here and there.
Also we had a offense that put the defense in bad situations and on the field way too long.
3 and out and back on the field, so a tired hardy isnt going to be as good as he would be if romo was resting the defense with a drive.

How other players feel about him is irrelevant, either they want to win games and do their jobs good or they dont.
Same for the coaches, your well paid to do a job , not whine about you dont like or approve of this player or that player
or he was late bla bla bla.

If the other players had played as hard or as good as hardy they would have won some of those close games,
and maybe made the playoffs.

That said , I think he is not worth the 11 mil a year, so if he will take less, then I think they should resign him.

I will add that in the stats sturm I think posted, dallas rushes only 4 75% of the plays, and we get no middle pressure, dont
send 5th man on a delay, so it is easier to defend the 2 outside edges.

Part of how a player does is in the scheme and how u use them, and dallas doesnt exactly excel in that area.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'd keep him and just wouldn't guarantee anything, which allows you to simply cut ties if he's a distraction.

It's a pretty serious indictment of this regime - Marinelli and JG both - if Hardy wasn't benched after continuously being late for meetings. It's really easy to sit a star player for that sort of thing when your team sucks. That tends to make me think that the claims are mostly false, but who knows.

If they bench him, and jerry calls them and says *(*&(*^(^^&*&*#@# they couldnt handle that so they dont do anything.
I wouldn't bench him if I could fine him, just fine him till he shows up on time.
Hardy's job is pretty basic, and I think he knows what to do.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The fact is that there are people on this board who think this stuff is all made up by the big bad media, so, yes, this dies need to be brought up more

I don't believe any reasonable person believes the media is making this up and I doubt you can quote a reputable source. Stop trolling.

rockj7

Reaction score
“Perpetual tardiness” caused Cowboys players to sour on Greg Hardy
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 7, 2016, 9:12 AM EST
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...our-on-greg-hardy/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

496335296.jpg
Getty Images
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett didn’t exactly offer a ringing endorsement of defensive end Greg Hardy earlier this week, and it sounds like some of his teammates may have felt just as ambivalent.

According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, several teammates who had previously supported Hardy “began to sour on him late in the season.”

That’s partly because Hardy was high-maintenance, with Garrett having to meet with him four times about his off-field distractions, and also because of his “perpetual tardiness for team meetings never resulted in a reduction of playing time.”

He reportedly was respectful when they talked to him about changing, but never bothered to change...

Can't lie I lol when I read JG didn't give a ringing endorsement to Greg Hardy. We have another 4-12 season and JG won't get any endorsements around the Cowboy Nation either

ccb04

Reaction score
If they bench him, and jerry calls them and says *(*&(*^(^^&*&*#@# they couldnt handle that so they dont do anything.
I wouldn't bench him if I could fine him, just fine him till he shows up on time.
Hardy's job is pretty basic, and I think he knows what to do.

The team reportedly did fine Hardy.

If I recall correctly, one of the times he showed up late was because he was supposedly embarrassed after the photos were made public. That's when Mincey sat down & talked with him. Ironically, Mincey was eventually released by the Jags for being late for meetings among other things. In Hardy's case, it would simply be a matter of the team not attempting to resign him if they want to part ways...as he was only under contract for 1-year.

Early on, Jerry & Stephen were talking a potential extension for Hardy. That talk cooled off somewhat.

Jerry also had this to say following some of Hardy's sideline antics...to include knocking the clipboard out of Bisaccia's hand: "He's one of the real leaders on this team & he earns it. That's the kind of thing that inspires."

Junglist

Reaction score
Didn't Dez have the same problem? Maybe other teams also have these problems with their star prima dona players, not sure....But we sure do. So if I was a star and wanted to be able to get away with such things, I would come to Dallas, if I wanted to win, then I would go to a franchise that has been more successful over the last 20 years.
."

Dez STILL has that problem. My friend works for the Cowboys, and he says it's a regular thing. He was 30 minutes late for the plane leaving for London last season, then was crying and complaining about having to play their the whole time. While he gets unfair media exposure, he actually is a diva.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dez STILL has that problem. My friend works for the Cowboys, and he says it's a regular thing. He was 30 minutes late for the plane leaving for London last season, then was crying and complaining about having to play their the whole time. While he gets unfair media exposure, he actually is a diva.

I wan't aware of this. He needs a life coach. Or a better one.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

At this rate it looks like resigning him is doubtful. I'm also 100% confident he'll go to a new team and be a game changer.

Such is life

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think he'll be resigned which will give more flexibility to the acquisition of talent. OTOH, that probably sealed his fate.

etw926

Reaction score
The fact is that there are people on this board who think this stuff is all made up by the big bad media, so, yes, this dies need to be brought up more

I didn't know that you were part of the team and in the locker room.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how people are blast by Stephen Smith saying one can't blame Hardy for this season, arguing nobody does, but people in this thread are saying he created a culture of no accountability..

As if Jason Garrett is ever accountable in this organization...

khiladi

Reaction score
If your leader HC is never held accountable and gets all sorts of excuses for poor play, then why should the players be held to some 'imaginary' standard that has no real reflection on the field..

Hardy gave more effort on the field than the whole defensive roster, particularly since he led the team in QB pressures and second in sacks.. The Golden Cock gave up everytime he was blocked and stone-walled by a single lineman..

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First year and he pulls this garbage, it will likely go down hill from here.

If he was all that, I considerate it, but he's not. Wack.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If Hardy hadn't started out so strong against New England, I don't even think he would have been on the roster at the end of the season. He's gone.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If your leader HC is never held accountable and gets all sorts of excuses for poor play, then why should the players be held to some 'imaginary' standard that has no real reflection on the field..

Hardy gave more effort on the field than the whole defensive roster, particularly since he led the team in QB pressures and second in sacks.. The Golden Cock gave up everytime he was blocked and stone-walled by a single lineman..

I agree with the first part of this post. The second is off by a mile. Hardy is definitely an effort guy on the field, but that doesn't mean no one else is. If you think Hardy wants it more or plays harder than Sean Lee, I've got news for you. Lee, Lawrence, Church all go all out every single play. In fact, I don't think there is more than 2-3 players on this defense who I would question didn't go 100% every snap this season. Whether they were successful or not is beside the point, this defense played their ***** off.

Also, this is the only time I have and probably ever will defend Hayden, but that dude made a ton of plays hustling from behind or the backside this season. He is all effort and that's why he is still here. His ability is clearly questionable, but the guys motor is always in the red line.

Status
Not open for further replies.