0-2 Yikes! This is a must win. Loser starts 0-2

aria

Reaction score
Fake news. We were already told last week was a must win.

Let me get this out of the way now so we don’t have anymore of these threads. EVERY game from here until the end of the season is a must win. Done...can we move along now?

cowboyec

Reaction score
no off-season...no pre-season.
so this early part of the season is like pre-season...except the games count.
we might not get our footing til october.
but i think we win on sunday.
we always knew the early part of the season could get wiggy tho with no off-season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hopefully, it doesn't rear it's ugly head.
Hope not as well. I'm actually shocked though maybe the NFL has a plan with this because I felt the only way this could work was in a bubble....all offseason long guys were getting it and as soon as the season starts.....nothing. Good for them. We laughed at the Bronco's spraying sanitizer but hell something is working lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hope not as well. I'm actually shocked though maybe the NFL has a plan with this because I felt the only way this could work was in a bubble....all offseason long guys were getting it and as soon as the season starts.....nothing. Good for them. We laughed at the Bronco's spraying sanitizer but hell something is working lol.

Yes, and hopefully the NFL continues to do well with this. So far, Goodell has done a great job with this.

Flamma

Reaction score
Derailing the point. Leaders have to lead in these situations. Not expecting 5 guys to win the game.

Historical Facts- 12% chance of making playoffs starting 0-2.
Only one team has won a ring starting 0-2.

Spin it however you want. This is a must win.

Three teams won a super bowl starting off 0-2. That's just from memory. There could be more.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO the bigger concern is starting 0-2 in the NFC and if Dallas at the end of the year is fighting for a spot then tiebreakers could come into play.

Flamma

Reaction score
IMO the bigger concern is starting 0-2 in the NFC and if Dallas at the end of the year is fighting for a spot then tiebreakers could come into play.

It is a concern if we go 12-4. But if we're 8-8 and don't make the playoffs due to tie breaker, It's not going to matter to me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"must-win" is a term used far too often when it does not apply. The Cowboys can afford to lose 3 games in a row before they approach a must-win scenario. The schedule gets easier so it's almost inherent in the system that this team starts the season slowly but picks up steam as the season progresses.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There are no must win games Week 2. I know more about hyperbole than any man living or dead, and this is it.

This game is no must win if you dont want to go to the playoffs. Else of course it is. There is no way we gonna win next week and we wont make the playoffs if we start 0-3.

I dont say we gonna win against the falcons, but this for sure is a must win if you have any goals in this league.

Einstein

Reaction score
Derailing the point. Leaders have to lead in these situations. Not expecting 5 guys to win the game.

Historical Facts- 12% chance of making playoffs starting 0-2.
Only one team has won a ring starting 0-2.

Spin it however you want. This is a must win.

Can't argue facts, but one more team gets into the playoffs this year, so that changes things a little bit this time around.