10 things I think I think entering week 3

johneric8

Reaction score
PS. I agree with the rest of your post. I do think Carolina is going to be a tough game. Their QB beat us when he played for the Jets for goodness sakes and he has a much better team in Carolina then he had there.

LOL.... :facepalm: That makes no sense, Different defensive players, scheme, different coaching, and you're actually trying to compare this defense to the one that performed poorly against Jets a while back? HAHAHAHAHA.. Some of you never cease to amaze me...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Listening to Jerry on the radio it sounds like Pollard is going to be a big part of the offense going forward.

That's the funny part, Pollard should have been a part of the offense, along with Zeke long ago.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, they shut down Kamara totally - 8 carries for 5 yards, and one of the carries was 5 yards, so he had otherwise 7 carries for ZERO yards.

Saints were missing 6 coaches, but Kamara's been there for years, shouldn't need coaches to tell him how to run. Thought Payton was this great offensive guru, is he really or does he surround himself with great assistant coaches?...

If you don't fear the QB, stopping the running game is easy.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The last second field goal was merely the product of being in a close game because we had a Balanced offense this week.....if we had the Dakota Air show we would left Herbert plenty of time to pile points on this defense

We are ranked 25th in Red Zone TD’s this short season which happen so to be the same as last year. It’s imperative that TDS are scored in Red Zone situations

So, if Dak drove the team down and they scored a touchdown, would you be happy?

CWR

Reaction score
It is hopeful he can be better this year but it probably doesn't matter long term.
Dallas is very likely going to release him next year.

He has looked better largely because Quinn is a much better DQ than the prior guy. He isn't asking Jaylon to play hero ball.
Team shored up LB speed around Jaylon and added plus safety play to mix.

Yeah. I'm convinced his injury has regressed. He's not the same guy I watched in 2018. We can blame DTs and coaching and whatever else but there's more to it. I agree he's on his way out. If Quin is forced to limit what he does it's very telling.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Slow down Grasshopper. "Parsons just played a better DE game than any game DeMarcus Ware had as a rookie."

DW had 8 sacks as a Rookie. Lets see how this plays out before we start comparing Parsons to a Hall of Fame linebacker. You could be right, but time will tell.

Parsons is on pace to get 8.5 :)

SackMaster

Reaction score
1. I think Dallas made another way to laugh at all of Draftnik nation once again with Micah Parsons. So many hate off-ball LB but one could argue Parsons just played a better DE game than any game DeMarcus Ware had as a rookie. This is example Infinity of how often teams get it right and fans get it wrong. But Randy Moss and TJ Watt will live on forever anyway.
While I don't agree with the highlighted part at all (go watch the 49ers, Raiders, Eagles, Panthers or Rams games Ware's rookie year), I will say that if "rookie DeMarcus Ware" had "retired DeMarcus Ware" to teach him the ropes, then who knows how fast Ware would have shut down those "Ware vs Merriman" debates.
:laugh:

I'm just glad Micah seems to be the type of guy who can retain what he is taught AND put it to good use.
:flagwave:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
While I don't agree with the highlighted part at all (go watch the 49ers, Raiders, Eagles, Panthers or Rams games Ware's rookie year), I will say that if "rookie DeMarcus Ware" had "retired DeMarcus Ware" to teach him the ropes, then who knows how fast Ware would have shut down those "Ware vs Merriman" debates.
:laugh:

I'm just glad Micah seems to be the type of guy who can retain what he is taught AND put it to good use.
:flagwave:
Ware was drafted into a 3-4 and asked to play OLB as a rookie.
It took a bit before they let him rush every down.
You could see his raw athleticism but he had a lot to learn and the team had to learn to build the defense around Ware.
Merriman's problem was his college production was 90% roids.
Take that away at NFL level and he was quite average.

Parsons just won rookie of the week and had a PFF Score of ~90 which is pretty insane.
When sent over the RT he got pressure on virtually every pass play.

But if Parsons ends up 75% the player Ware was long term that is a huge win. Ware is a HOF and the gold standard of Dallas Pass Rushers.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Ware was drafted into a 3-4 and asked to play OLB as a rookie.
It took a bit before they let him rush every down.
You could see his raw athleticism but he had a lot to learn and the team had to learn to build the defense around Ware.
Merriman's problem was his college production was 90% roids.
Take that away at NFL level and he was quite average.

Parsons just won rookie of the week and had a PFF Score of ~90 which is pretty insane.
When sent over the RT he got pressure on virtually every pass play.

But if Parsons ends up 75% the player Ware was long term that is a huge win. Ware is a HOF and the gold standard of Dallas Pass Rushers.
All factually correct. I just sayin' I think some people tend to forget how good Ware was, even REALLY early in his career:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Injuries are piling up, Cooper now might miss this week. Let's hope a few start to return in the coming weeks.
Very true but the beauty of some softer teams is we can beat some/most of them without A1 health.

But yea you get hit too hard at any one spot like WR now and it hurts bad.

shabazz

Reaction score
So, if Dak drove the team down and they scored a touchdown, would you be happy?

Never said I was unhappy about the outcome of the game. I was actually pointing out that this was a solid team win. But to answer your question; What fan doesn’t want to see td’s instead of field goals?......25th ranked last year and this year has to improve....simple as that

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
1. I think Dallas made another way to laugh at all of Draftnik nation once again with Micah Parsons. So many hate off-ball LB but one could argue Parsons just played a better DE game than any game DeMarcus Ware had as a rookie. This is example Infinity of how often teams get it right and fans get it wrong. But Randy Moss and TJ Watt will live on forever anyway.

2. I think Dallas can really draft. The young guns of late that have been drafted highly are impactful and improving. Lamb, Parsons, Diggs were noticeable on that field.

3. I think Dak has proven he can take some big shots post injury.

4. I think Tony Pollard has a wonderful game. With the scheme LAC played he was able to get to space and gain big yards. Really impressive quickness and a commitment to plays we need.

5. I think Zeke had a very good game as well. 97 yards on 18 touches with some timely assist again in the blocking game. He is the inside the tackles guy at this point. And he and TP compliment each other very well.

6. I think that was a low key monster win. LAC is a good young team and Dallas has plenty of talent but you remove DLAW, Gregory, La'eL, Gallimore and your 2nd round pick and man that talent takes a major hit. This game was a big one to win with some softer foes to outclass coming up.

7. I think Dallas should win each of the next 3 games. Philly, Carolina, NYG. Those teams have major talent deficits to overcome.

8. I think Monday night games are among my least favorite. Older get the more I shift to old man sleeping patterns and starting off a work week with a lack of sleep on Monday night is just gross.

9. I think fans obsession with Jaylon Smith is just borderline creepy at this point. He's absolutely overpaid but the constant need to rag on or even discuss the guy is just stalkerish. Let that dude live and move on. When the D is healthy he'll largely be on the bench.

10. I think we are easing into my favorite time of the year. Football is back and NBA is on it's way. Temp on the back patio is amenable to grilling and lounging.
Your point #6 is so worth mentioning and the pundits around these parts (NE) talk more about eye rolling penalties in that game than the fact that the Cowboys went on the road and beat a team they were supposed to lose to without 4 key players. This team is going to make some noise this year. They aren't perfect, but they play complimentary football and seem to be gelling.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never said I was unhappy about the outcome of the game. I was actually pointing out that this was a solid team win. But to answer your question; What fan doesn’t want to see td’s instead of field goals?......25th ranked last year and this year has to improve....simple as that

Offense is currently top ten. I believe they will get better. The passing defense is a problem.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7. I think Dallas should win each of the next 3 games. Philly, Carolina, NYG. Those teams have major talent deficits to overcome.
Agree on most everything except...
Carolina is looking kinda iffy. They can rock the D.