Twitter: 103.3 cowboys insider segment

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
This is why our defense sucked for the most part. Rumors of division between Ben Bloom, Richard, and Rod. Now Jaylon changing plays. Who knows who else possibly called plays at the line of scrimmage. The reason why they looked so dysfunctional is probably because they were running Rod’s, Richard’s, Jaylon’s, and possibly someone else’s play all at once. In addition to that, it shows us there was division in the locker room in general, not just amongst the coaches. Players getting tired of Jaylon and his celebrating...? Players thinking he didn’t try hard this season? Dang. Just imagine the other rumors swirling around other players that got paid like Zeke or D-Law who didn’t perform up to their highest standard. Classic locker room implosion right here.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is why our defense sucked for the most part. Rumors of division between Ben Bloom, Richard, and Rod. Now Jaylon changing plays. Who knows who else possibly called plays at the line of scrimmage. The reason why they looked so dysfunctional is probably because they were running Rod’s, Richard’s, Jaylon’s, and possibly someone else’s play all at once. In addition to that, it shows us there was division in the locker room in general, not just amongst the coaches. Players getting tired of Jaylon and his celebrating...? Players thinking he didn’t try hard this season? Dang. Just imagine the other rumors swirling around other players that got paid like Zeke or D-Law who didn’t perform up to their highest standard. Classic locker room implosion right here.
Yep, I think your right. I do believe the players being tired of Jaylons celebrations was from a place of frustration. No discipline from coaching and no punishment or accountability for being wrong or not playing up to snuff. Having a locker room divided by Marinelli guys and Richard guys is something that JG should gave handled but he didn’t have the power. Not over the players and now it’s apparent he didn’t have it over the staff either. That’s trouble and has likely been that way for years. It’s a wonder we won as much as we did. The players running the asylum. Gonna change now and these players arent going to like this.

Qcard

Reaction score
Th

They are that awful, you don't give up on competition just because you are going to lose. That's what losers do!!!! What spoiled Brats do, what weak minded ppl. Do, what selfish ppl. Do. And what you don't ever do for sure, is give up while U have teamates playing to win! Are you kidding me? These type of guys you find on every sports field in every gaming room in America. And you know what they are? Losers because they don't fight to win regardless of score, they are losing the opportunity to get better, and show what little pride they have and integrity. I use to spit guys out on the soccer and football field for this thing. You know what you do with guys like this? You simply run them into the ground. Once you detect lack of effort, you simply know all you got to do, is make them have to work harder and wear their Hineys out! I had a big ole boy on the football field tell me, " do you ever get tired? ". I said , "no. I can go like this all day". He lost the game right at that very moment. And I'm sure that's exactly how he lived his life off the field , and going all day, is how I live my life. You don't just turn it on when U want and think you can do whatever you want. You play the game the way you live Ur life.
I share your opinion on players mentality but I think this had more to do incompetent coaching. I don't care how hard you compete if you are in a flawed scheme...no one cares about the journey when the boat is sinking

Qcard

Reaction score
Yep, I think your right. I do believe the players being tired of Jaylons celebrations was from a place of frustration. No discipline from coaching and no punishment or accountability for being wrong or not playing up to snuff. Having a locker room divided by Marinelli guys and Richard guys is something that JG should gave handled but he didn’t have the power. Not over the players and now it’s apparent he didn’t have it over the staff either. That’s trouble and has likely been that way for years. It’s a wonder we won as much as we did. The players running the asylum. Gonna change now and these players arent going to like this.
Incompetent coaching

Aven8

Reaction score
This most likely has to do with the Bloom/Richard feud as well. Glad they are both gone now.

johneric8

Reaction score
This is fixable guys. A stable of good coaches can straighten this out as long as Jerry stays out of things. These player are like children screaming for direction and a normalized routine.

Jerry let things go too long with Garrett and he knows it .... He should of 100% been fired after the Rams game last year! The teams belief in Garrett was forever lost after that one.

visionary

Reaction score

just think about who Garrett is, in the context of what you said

here is a HC who has no control over players or coaches and is not involved in game planning yet, he was lobbying to stay

this guy is total trash and was here only and only for the money

817Gill

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that Jaylon has always been regarded as a high character player and before this season we never saw anything interfere with his love of the game and his positive leadership.

But what’s good about this is that it wasn’t an injury thing, it’s all mental. Get him right next year and let’s move on with a dominating Lb duo

dacoming

Reaction score
In the segment right before that Jane Slater revealed that Coach Garrett showed her texts from a player basically telling the coach to “F” off and that Jerry said he didn’t have to listen
If so, why would he even want to stay?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I ain’t buying what JJT is selling. I highly doubt guys like Lee would stand for Jaylon changing plays, and I highly, highly doubt that players were upset that Jaylon would celebrate with them. We see it time and time again in the NFL players celebrating with other players. These weird whispers that he’s trying to sell sound ridiculous and if players are complaining about celebrations I’d want those guys off my team if that’s their big concern. I don’t ever recall anyone saying anything bad about Jaylon while at ND.

JJT is a blowhard

dguinta1

Reaction score

Don’t know if any of you guys were listening to JJT on the radio today.

He stated that Richard called plays and Jaylon Smith would change them and it would result in a big play for the other team.

He also stated that Jaylon was confronted by teammates asking him why he always wants to jump in everyone else celebration. The player said just let them have their own moment

Then he said there were many people inside the Star that are disappointed and think that he didn’t try hard this season.
And he's going to the Pro-Bowl? LMAO

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a clean slate for the players. UP TO THEM. If they don't get right, they GET GONE. MM won't tolerate idiots.

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off no way that happened more times then a few, if a LB was changing plays that much and against his coaches wishes, he would have been benched or the calls would have went to Lee, Lee would not have let that go on very long, trust me on that, which im betting was the norm anyway..the QB changes plays a lot and sometimes not just via an audible just ignores the play call because he felt it wasn't correct..it happens at time but no player would be allowed to go rouge especially a 4th year player..

as usual this is blown out of proportion as much as fans want to believe it was that dysfunctional, it did not happen to the extent those who are hearing little birdies spread about rumors..

dont believe half of it its the media and SM taking half truths and turning them into attention for themselves..

Rayman70

Reaction score
first off no way that happened more times then a few, if a LB was changing plays that much and against his coaches wishes, he would have been benched or the calls would have went to Lee, Lee would not have let that go on very long, trust me on that, which im betting was the norm anyway..the QB changes plays a lot and sometimes not just via an audible just ignores the play call because he felt it wasn't correct..it happens at time but no player would be allowed to go rouge especially a 4th year player..

as usual this is blown out of proportion as much as fans want to believe it was that dysfunctional, it did not happen to the extent those who are hearing little birdies spread about rumors..

dont believe half of it its the media and SM taking half truths and turning them into attention for themselves..
are ya saying its fake news? lol....I thought all media was honest? lol....

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
In the segment right before that Jane Slater revealed that Coach Garrett showed her texts from a player basically telling the coach to “F” off and that Jerry said he didn’t have to listen
If that truly did happen, Jason should have either addressed it or turned in his mancard and resigned.

blueblood70

Reaction score
are ya saying its fake news? lol....I thought all media was honest? lol....
not totally fake but yeas as usual a mountain being made of a molehill.

im sure it happens a handful of times over a season in which is probraly pretty close to league average..im sure a lot of players have done this occasionally...

BTW as much as the hate was all pointed to the players with shiny new contracts , most was overblown ie exaggerated.. Jsmith finished top 5 in tackles and had a good amount of sacks etc , tank may not have had the stats he was expected to but he was pressuring the qb and stopping the run so both could improve but these demise like Zekes was so overblown its a laughable moment..

we weeer 8-8 because the tam and coaches all fialed at one point or another through 16 games..thaey are eaul to blame and like most have sated, its clean slate .. rest has been pushed and we get to see some changes..