Twitter: 103.3 cowboys insider segment

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I watched Jaylon on pretty much every defensive snap. It was shockingly bad. He would run away from the play wait for someone to make the tackle then sprint in to celebrate. It was disgusting. I have no doubt that he got called out by team mates when the film was on. Lee must have wanted to kill him.
:rolleyes:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I do. 100%.

His constant self-brand marketing, the whack-*** sunglasses company, the furs, etc. The fake hustle. The avoidance of contact.

When someone shows you who they are believe them.

Saw who he was at ND and during his rehab when EVERYONE said he’d never play again. Sorry this is all blown out of proportion. But hey man you do you, I obviously won’t be changing your mind.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Hopefully MM comes in and gives everyone a clean slate, but holds them to the fire if they don’t get the job done.

It’s easy to get complacent when the whole organization promotes it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jaylon and his teammates will be held accountable next year. The Cowboys have been a %$@# show of undisciplined and unprepared, independent operators. That crap is over now.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Saw who he was at ND and during his rehab when EVERYONE said he’d never play again. Sorry this is all blown out of proportion. But hey man you do you, I obviously won’t be changing your mind.

Nope. Saw him play heartless, stupid, fake hustle football, for 16 games all the while chirping away on Twitter and self-promoting the whole time.

He's an absolute bum until he proves otherwise.

Little Jr

Reaction score

Don’t know if any of you guys were listening to JJT on the radio today.

He stated that Richard called plays and Jaylon Smith would change them and it would result in a big play for the other team.

He also stated that Jaylon was confronted by teammates asking him why he always wants to jump in everyone else celebration. The player said just let them have their own moment

Then he said there were many people inside the Star that are disappointed and think that he didn’t try hard this season.

I have no clue if this is true, but I always wondered why he always jumped in to others celebration and mimicked them. Always thought it was dumb.

Fish also reported something similar about Richard, Jaylon and Bloom had issues. Usually where there is smoke there is fire

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yep, I think your right. I do believe the players being tired of Jaylons celebrations was from a place of frustration. No discipline from coaching and no punishment or accountability for being wrong or not playing up to snuff. Having a locker room divided by Marinelli guys and Richard guys is something that JG should gave handled but he didn’t have the power. Not over the players and now it’s apparent he didn’t have it over the staff either. That’s trouble and has likely been that way for years. It’s a wonder we won as much as we did. The players running the asylum. Gonna change now and these players arent going to like this.

The situation was FUBAR, no doubt.

Not surprising that 6 of our 8 wins came against teams drafting in the top 5.

We pretty much had no cohesive scheme on defense with just about everybody out there doing their own thing. We simply won games based on talent level and nothing else.

That is why almost all our wins were against talent poor teams drafting in the top 5. When we played teams where we didnt have such a huge talent advantage, we mostly lost. Again, not very surprising now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
IF Jaylon really was switching plays and it routinely lead to big plays for the other team then he was sabotaging the team. IF it was allowed to continue the entire coaching staff is guitly as well.

Garrett should have stepped in and put a stop to this crap and if he was not allowed to then he should have made a stink about it to the media or just quit.

He is more of a beta male than I originally thought if he didnt, just there collecting Jerry's paychecks while getting punked by his players.

CB61

Reaction score

Don’t know if any of you guys were listening to JJT on the radio today.

He stated that Richard called plays and Jaylon Smith would change them and it would result in a big play for the other team.

He also stated that Jaylon was confronted by teammates asking him why he always wants to jump in everyone else celebration. The player said just let them have their own moment

Then he said there were many people inside the Star that are disappointed and think that he didn’t try hard this season.

Yeah he definitely went off the rails this year that attitude as opposed to injury might have been his decline this year

CB61

Reaction score
Jaylons story is amazing, but he more about flash then he is about football. Its clear now after watching him for 3 years. Its sad.
I'm pretty sure with Nolan around that will change or he will be gone Nolan ain't going to play with these guys he's too old for that crap

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Honestly, I would be surprised if the entirety of JJT's article is true and correct. I have no ax to grind with JJT and, to be clear, I have enjoyed his take on the Cowboys. I don't always agree with him, though.

What I do know is that Smith showed more resilience, more determination, more dedication to his recovery, than the vast majority of professional athletes ever imagine. He not only overcame a potential career ending injury, but an injury that most likely would have adversely affected his everyday life away from football.

Did Smith change plays contrary to Richard's wishes? Who knows, but quite possibly. During a year of missed opportunities, failure to play to preceived expectations and, according to recent reports, discord in both the player and coaching ranks, I am not the least bit surprised that players attempted to take control of their destiny. If anything, this tells me more about the coaching than it does the players - my interpretation is that many simply lost faith in the coaching staff.

I, for one, am more than willing to give Smith the benefit of the doubt. Given the choice of a Smith-type player or someone like Zeke that held out for a new contract or DLaw that delayed surgery until he got a new deal, I choose Smith

John813

Reaction score
When a play is called, doesn't the DC call it to the captain/leader of the defense, similar to how the offensive playcalling is sent to only the QB?

I doubt other players knew plays were changed unless Richard admitted it on the sideline or in film study

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with Nolan around that will change or he will be gone Nolan ain't going to play with these guys he's too old for that crap

Jaylon and his teammates will be held accountable next year. The Cowboys have been a %$@# show of undisciplined and unprepared, independent operators. That crap is over now.

Nolan coached future HOFer Patrick Willis during his time with the 49ers.

He knows what a real dog at LB is. Hopefully, he can straighten Jaylon out though I’m very skeptical. You don’t take a guy that will shy away from the physical aspect of football and suddenly make him Dick Butkus.

I couldn’t care less about Jaylon celebrating or trying to attribute his poor play to him getting paid.

The bottom-line is he was really not playing like a starting NFL-caliber linebacker last season.