105.3 The Fan Michael Irvin. Run to the Playoffs

cern

Reaction score
I agree, but the o-line will need a new, more aggressive blocking scheme for zeke to be successful. there are simply no holes for him to find and run.

John813

Reaction score
I dunno, my ******* opinion is that at times Moore gets stuck on too much reliance on running or passing, and is still learning the flow of the game.

Vikings was a game where the run game just wasn't there. Blame Zeke or the line, I don't care. Yet Moore was predictable on first down calls(run) and obviously that doomed 2nd to last drive saw 2 runs on 2nd and 3rd that backfired.

Then some other games the run game is working but they over rely on Dak and forget about Zeke/Pollard cause they may be down a TD or 10+ points.
And it's not like Dak is struggling but they get away from a run game that would allow the defense to actually rest and control the TOP for a bit. Drive may end, they ate 1:30 off the clock and here comes the defense etc...

They need to see what's working for each game. Say they get another Vikings game defensive mindset against them. Don't call 100% pass calls but at the same time lose the predictability on downs you call the runs. In this case pass to set up a run here and there. Or call screens to get Zeke involved etc.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
We need more old players to get in Jerry's head. Jerry Jones sucks but he listens to his players (sometimes).

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Irvin said enough is enough....he told Jerry recently, DAL has to go back to what works....run 21!

Agree or disagree?
100%. They may have three more wins if they ran the crap out of Zeke vs. Minny, Pats and Bills.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I dunno, my ******* opinion is that at times Moore gets stuck on too much reliance on running or passing, and is still learning the flow of the game.

Vikings was a game where the run game just wasn't there. Blame Zeke or the line, I don't care. Yet Moore was predictable on first down calls(run) and obviously that doomed 2nd to last drive saw 2 runs on 2nd and 3rd that backfired.

Then some other games the run game is working but they over rely on Dak and forget about Zeke/Pollard cause they may be down a TD or 10+ points.
And it's not like Dak is struggling but they get away from a run game that would allow the defense to actually rest and control the TOP for a bit. Drive may end, they ate 1:30 off the clock and here comes the defense etc...

They need to see what's working for each game. Say they get another Vikings game defensive mindset against them. Don't call 100% pass calls but at the same time lose the predictability on downs you call the runs. In this case pass to set up a run here and there. Or call screens to get Zeke involved etc.

I think he's reactionary like Garrett. Example: Everyone was up in arms after the Viking's fiasco. "STOP RUNNING THE BALL!". "ZEKE SUCKS" rah rah rah. Then realize how much we've been passing since that game? Now that the pass isn't working, everyone is saying "run the ball!". He's going back and forth, and this will likely continue til our season is over. This team will never learn.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The team doing what outsiders tell Jerry to do is a big part of why they dont get over the hump here.

When Michael Irvin brought Pacman into this organization it should have been the end of any advice from Michael Irvin.

I remember irvin saying Demarcus Ware didn't have enough dog in him and wasn't a dog. Such nonsense.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I love Mike but it's not as easy as just running the ball more. The offensive line gets its lunch handed to them whenever they face a quality front seven.

This line peaked in 2016, its a shadow of its former self. Lining up and imposing their will is over. See the Vikings and Lions games, among others

MikeB80

Reaction score
This line peaked in 2016, its a shadow of its former self. Lining up and imposing their will is over. See the Vikings and Lions games, among others

This line is not that line.

That Line had Ron Leary killing people at left guard and doug free who was excellent in the running game that year.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
piling on Zeke's back to "run to the playoffs" would work if you had even a decent defense

when you fall behind 16+ points, you need to start pushing the ball down the field

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I don't think they run the ball twice in a row in one series more than once a game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak and the defense sure aren't taking them there. The only way is through Zeke and the offensive line.

Still can't believe Zeke only got 5 carries in the second half against Buffalo after a huge first quarter.
He ain’t running 8, 9 and 10 man fronts. Have you been watching?

morasp

Reaction score
You've got to be able to run the ball late in the year and in the playoffs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak and the defense sure aren't taking them there. The only way is through Zeke and the offensive line.

Still can't believe Zeke only got 5 carries in the second half against Buffalo after a huge first quarter.

Pretty telling when the HOF wide receiver is telling us to run the ball.....

Even the guy who made his living catching passes knows that isn't the path to success for this team....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Mike has always loved Garrett because that was his workout partner ........ He will never admit how poorly prepared and poorly coached this team is.

JayFord

Reaction score
what happened to the zone run scheme?

we scrapped what works in favor of slamming Zeke up the middle 25 times?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
This line is not that line.

That Line had Ron Leary killing people at left guard and doug free who was excellent in the running game that year.

all true. but Travis Frederick aint Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith aint Tyron Smith. You could argue Zach Martin isn't as good either.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are we back on this now? The problem isn’t that we aren’t running the overpaid RB enough. The problem is too many turnovers and no takeaways.

dckid

Reaction score
Irvin said enough is enough....he told Jerry recently, DAL has to go back to what works....run 21!

Agree or disagree?
"He told Jerry".... Root cause analysis.. Done. Full stop