105.3 The Fan Reporting LVE 's 5th Year Option Declined

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m a huge LVE fan, but this is the right move. He may have a huge year and make the cowboys regret this, but you’ve got to play the percentages.

worst case he has a big year, walks in FA and the cowboys get a nice comp pick. Truth is even with a big year in 2021 it doesn’t mean he can stay healthy for 2022 and on. I’d be real hesitant on a Long term contract with him.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
it was smart. The 5th year option was a little over 9 million and would be guaranteed. If he plays well, they can sign him for a lot less cap hit than 9 million next year and if he doesn't, they move on. Really no need to do the 5th year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's a stretch

Yeah.. LVE is a good player when healthy but to this point he had not even reached peak Sean Lee level let along all pro.. I hope he thrives in Quinn's defense because it's certainly going to be closer to the system he did play well in as a rookie than the mess we saw last night. One thing I think needs to happen is he need to be moved back outside and Jaylon needs to be moved back inside. Flip flopping them really didn't work out all that well.

Dre11

Reaction score
this could also have nothing to do with his play or injuries. could be the cap, Stephen keeps addressing, we all know he's cheap and frugal when it comes to the cap.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I truly think LVEs issues are not physical more mental. He is a small town kid that got too much attention his rookie year. Then he plays next to that Hollywood Knucklehead and some of that went to his head too. He couldn’t handle it. Then he has to deal with a couple injuries. Too soft to come back from that stuff. He is staring at the end of his NFL career now. Great rookie season but he blew it. Now it is time to buck up or be out of the league. Let’s see if this guy has it in him. First thing I would tell him would be to stay far away from Jaylon Smith. That guy is a clown. Maybe latch on to Diggs to get some of that Bama work ethic. Bottom line there is no way he earned that 5th year.
He def read the press clippings. Wolf hunter nickname before he even finished the season lol came back the next year and did nothing. Him and Jaylon both give off (I made it) vibes

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I seem to remember you wanting Rashaan Evans who also had his 5th year option declined.
But at least he plays and they are currently in contract negotiations with him he has also played better than lve the last 2 years. Just had a worse rookie season

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
But at least he plays and they are currently in contract negotiations with him he has also played better than lve the last 2 years. Just had a worse rookie season

Both players may have had their options picked up in a more normal salary cap year. Still think LVE is more likely to be on the roster next year than Jaylon. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and the DL can do a better job protecting all the LBs.

Enjoy your posts btw...hope you're right about Parsons and Joseph.