105.3 The Fan Reporting LVE 's 5th Year Option Declined

mcduff

Reaction score
The best ability is availability. Potential is just a nine letter word that gets GM's fired.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon cant feel when his foot touches the ground he should have never been drafted by us
Every time someone posts a highlight (or lowlight, often :( ) I say to myself....man that isn't how an NFL LBers runs, let alone elite.

Something is wrong....we got us a gimp backer.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
this could also have nothing to do with his play or injuries. could be the cap, Stephen keeps addressing, we all know he's cheap and frugal when it comes to the cap.

Good catch,,,During the Draft Special on TV, Jerry did mention that Stephen was responsible for managing the CAP and was looking 36months out.

Think there will be similar CAP casualities with all these 1 year contracts. ALA, Woods, Neal, Kazee, and Kearse

Turk

Reaction score
Every time someone posts a highlight (or lowlight, often :( ) I say to myself....man that isn't how an NFL LBers runs, let alone elite.

Something is wrong....we got us a gimp backer.
Strange its only the medical geniuses here on the Zone that say this. Never hear it anywhere else.

conner01

Reaction score
LVE must play to get paid.
Totally expected once we got parsons
They waited to see if we got a guy which was smart
We have a win/win
He’s motivated to earn a big contract and the better he plays the better chance of a good comp pick
Jaylon should be nervous too
He can be cut next year

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Both players may have had their options picked up in a more normal salary cap year. Still think LVE is more likely to be on the roster next year than Jaylon. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and the DL can do a better job protecting all the LBs.

Enjoy your posts btw...hope you're right about Parsons and Joseph.
Im more sure about Joseph than parsons. But parsons has the athleticism to be elite

pansophy

Reaction score
For a team that has demonstrated such favoritism bias and loyalty towards players that tend to be overpaid and overstay (ala Crawford) there has to be
A significant reason why they would seek Not to pick up LVE’s option.

- Injuries medical risk related than it pure performance. I believe there is graver concern about that neck situation more than what the team is letting on.

- I believe that neck situation has them very skeptical about his long term health and durability. They have to think he’s that fragile.
The Cowboys have went through that with Sean Lee, and given directly to that neck, they don’t want to have to force to go thru that unavailability streak and years

- Again Big difference also is it is a profound injury (neck spinal) and also Lee quickly established himself as a field general leader.
Neither LVE or Jaylon have never proven themselves as that kind of capacity.

- Based off his rookie year alone. I believe LVE is a better pure player and playmaker than Jaylon. I think he’s more of a factor and effective in coverage
And I think LVE will make more plays in coverage than Jaylon.
Because of the pounding and wear, I think it’s best to have him in the middle per 4-2 nickel packages with capable DL who can tie up blockers vs run.

Needless to say, Cowboys will have to change and factor high medical risk evaluation into their drafting process- particularly the early round guys.
My guess is that when Garrett left that’s when Stephen took over as primary decider. It’s why Jones waited so long to cut ties with Garrett, and I don’t know that Stephen is as interested in taking risks on health the same way Jerry would.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Only in as much as Sean Lee was a bust.

Dude’s an all-pro linebacker when he’s healthy
Here's my problem. The last two years he played poorly BEFORE being injured. If it was only the injuries I'd have exercised the option in a second

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No he is not. LVE has not been good since his rookie season. Once the Rams exposed him and Jaylon in the playoffs, he was never the same.

Scheme issue not a player issue.

You guys think different players and fat lineman are going to help a defense when they are mis aligned and beat before the ball is even snapped.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Scheme issue not a player issue.

You guys think different players and fat lineman are going to help a defense when they are mis aligned and beat before the ball is even snapped.
Really Catch? The Ravens game exposed how poorly LVE has fallen. I hope you noticed he was the one linebacker that seemed to be taken off the field the most. The guy did not play well.

InTheZone

Reaction score
He’s awesome when his collarbone isn’t broken.
he has looked like a very scared athlete in the last year or so when I'm watching. I thought he would be an Urlacher for us based on his rookie year, but it's at a point now where I'm ready for him to be gone. I hope he can turn it around and prove me wrong, seemed to always be a guy you want in the locker room, unlike Jaylon Smith.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LVE must play to get paid.

Not big surprise. Shame that he had as many injuries as he did. However, can't hamstring ourselves with it. I hope he plays well. Maybe we can franchise tag him if he plays well. Would like that so we can see if he can become consistent.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He fell to us b/c of injury concerns of other teams...... and Jerry never passes on an opportunity to look smarter than someone else. We do this a lot.