105.3 The Fan Reporting LVE 's 5th Year Option Declined

CWR

Reaction score
Its ok i caught heat for it. Now they all quiet tho

Ha, I was just going through my draft mags and it turns out I've got quite a few. I was curious about LVEs write up. One point of emphasis was that he needs to be kept clean. I haven't given up on him, but I completely agree on not signing the 5th year option.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I think it was coach Parcells who said it best "You can't make the club from the tub" it's unfortunate but LVE has not been right since he first got that stinger in his 2nd season. He wasn't that come down hill strike you type after we got pushed around up in Indy his first year by Nelson and the rest of those goons on their OL. I think he was playing hurt and it ended up messing with him mentally, he still has a chance to bounce back but he better do it quick because that rook is coming and I mean fast!!!

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Ha, I was just going through my draft mags and it turns out I've got quite a few. I was curious about LVEs write up. One point of emphasis was that he needs to be kept clean. I haven't given up on him, but I completely agree on not signing the 5th year option.
Ray Lewis use to talk a lot about that once the Ravens got rid of his big bodies Siragusa and big Sam Adams, hey maybe Bohanna can play that role for LVE and the gang.

Reactions: CWR

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I said he has to be kept clean and plays smaller than his frame. Doesnt know how to take on blockers either. He was super raw and was natural in coverage. And he had the neck thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why is the fact that the Cowboys want to sign him to an extension being ignored? Yes they do not want tp pick up the 5TH year but no they do not want to cut him!
Yeah I mean this hasn't been lost on me....with the draft people seem to be excited they are getting away from Jaylon and LVE....I just don't see it. Jerry isn't gonna admit he's wrong on these guys just yet.....

Not only that but if Jerry thought these guys were the issue he would've kept Mike Nolan. But they didn't. And it wouldn't shock me if a big selling point of Quinn was for him to get something out of LVE and Jaylon. I can't speak on next season but this year? The Cowboys are going to once again rely heavily on LVE and Jaylon.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strange its only the medical geniuses here on the Zone that say this. Never hear it anywhere else.

Never claimed to be a medical genius. I also said "I say to myself". It's not something I go on and on about.

I really don't give a - darn - what "medical experts" say or do not say.

If you don't think it looks odd....that's fine by me. Not here to convince anyone of anything.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I mean this hasn't been lost on me....with the draft people seem to be excited they are getting away from Jaylon and LVE....I just don't see it. Jerry isn't gonna admit he's wrong on these guys just yet.....

Not only that but if Jerry thought these guys were the issue he would've kept Mike Nolan. But they didn't. And it wouldn't shock me if a big selling point of Quinn was for him to get something out of LVE and Jaylon. I can't speak on next season but this year? The Cowboys are going to once again rely heavily on LVE and Jaylon.
You are spot on this is exactly why I think he passed on Slater because at that point he has to admit the blew the Connor Williams pick and would literally be throwing a high draft pick at a position they supposedly fixed already. Then again Micah really was a hard one to pass on, at 12.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He fell to us b/c of injury concerns of other teams...... and Jerry never passes on an opportunity to look smarter than someone else. We do this a lot.

He fell to us because he was a small school guy that didn't have a lot of hype until he went off at his pro day and people saw that he had potential to be incredible in space at 6'5 255 lbs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why is the fact that the Cowboys want to sign him to an extension being ignored? Yes they do not want tp pick up the 5TH year but no they do not want to cut him!

Because CONSPIRACY!

And there's "hope" to re-sign him. It's wait and see. You think we'll sign him if he misses any significant amount of time?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
When you are a LB with a neck injuries since 2016, and really only played 2 college Football seasons, you do not deserve or should have a 5th year option. Michael Irvin was forced to retire with this injury. Cowboys drafting him in the 1st round knowing this injury status was typical Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. UNAVAILABLE. Stop drafting unreliable and unavailable players on defense.
scaletowidth

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are spot on this is exactly why I think he passed on Slater because at that point he has to admit the blew the Connor Williams pick and would literally be throwing a high draft pick at a position they supposedly fixed already. Then again Micah really was a hard one to pass on, at 12.

Yep. And Parsons had to be the pick. This is all assumption on my part but I really believe they wanted Horn or Surtain. When they were gone they were determined to come away from this draft with a high prospect on defense..........Parsons was the only one available.....sure there were some guys under him but Parsons was the one guy who could potentially be a generational guy to build around. They might've felt less pressure had they got one last year but of course we knew how the draft fell and really there wasn't one available at #1.

And I stand by if they feel Conner Williams or McGovern are staters...it really made no sense to go pick a tackle to play guard for them. If they are healthy I'd assume the starters are Biadicz, Tyron, Collins, Zack Martin and whichever Conner makes it but I'll assume its Williams....Slater made sense if Tyron or Collins weren't able to go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you are a LB with a neck injuries since 2016, and really only played 2 college Football seasons, you do not deserve or should have a 5th year option. Michael Irvin was forced to retire with this injury. Cowboys drafting him in the 1st round knowing this injury status was typical Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. UNAVAILABLE. Stop drafting unreliable and unavailable players on defense.
scaletowidth

They went through the medicals and thought he'd be ok. If they were comfortable with the medicals I don't fault them for taking him. But its been proven to be a fail thus far.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because CONSPIRACY!

And there's "hope" to re-sign him. It's wait and see. You think we'll sign him if he misses any significant amount of time?

You didn't ask me but I'd say it depends on if he can play. Would I be shocked if they signed him to a incentive based deal like they did Sean Lee? Not at all.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Yep. And Parsons had to be the pick. This is all assumption on my part but I really believe they wanted Horn or Surtain. When they were gone they were determined to come away from this draft with a high prospect on defense..........Parsons was the only one available.....sure there were some guys under him but Parsons was the one guy who could potentially be a generational guy to build around. They might've felt less pressure had they got one last year but of course we knew how the draft fell and really there wasn't one available at #1.

And I stand by if they feel Conner Williams or McGovern are staters...it really made no sense to go pick a tackle to play guard for them. If they are healthy I'd assume the starters are Biadicz, Tyron, Collins, Zack Martin and whichever Conner makes it but I'll assume its Williams....Slater made sense if Tyron or Collins weren't able to go.
EXACTLY a pick that high absolutely has to be a day 1 starter not someone you're moving to fix another hole and waiting to put in the projected spot you drafted them. But I will say Slater would've gave us a monster at LG but we still would've had to fix more holes on D, no Parson, no Horn, no Surtain we would've been in full blown chase mode in my opinion the rest of the draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He fell to us because he was a small school guy that didn't have a lot of hype until he went off at his pro day and people saw that he had potential to be incredible in space at 6'5 255 lbs.

He has spinal stenosis and several teams took him off their boards b/c of it.