105.3 The Fan Reporting LVE 's 5th Year Option Declined

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Before you cut that fragile bird, move heaven and earth to get something for him. Anything! A 3rd round comp pick would flutter me knickers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can say whatever he wants but watch his foot placement when he takes on contact. It is usually not even planted on the ground almost like hes babying it

He is. I have a lot of injuries...and I know a limp/stepping gingerly when I see it.

The "medical experts" previously mentioned? They get paid to say nothing when needed. They also don't speak of Zeke's personality disorder(s).

Let me provide examples:

At about 0:55....you are going to tell me that is NORMAL running for an NFL linebacker?
The narrator here is criticizing Jaylon's decision making...but I say that isn't just his brain. I say he knows he has to favor his step under certain situations. A hard plant and acceleration. Under other conditions, he doesn't have to.

I'm not an nfl LBer. but my busted up knee and severe hip arthritis has me mindful of certain moves. Jaylon reminds me of...me.

Here is another example:

at about 0:56, Jaylon has to drop back and you can see the hitch in his get along.
at about 3:22...he does a good job getting off the block...but he just will NOT plant that foot. Until he is good and ready. That puts him in compromise....imvho. He is a very gifted athlete...and hiding it well.

I don't understand why people ignore what is to me very glaring and obvious. I don't hate him for it....just noting what I can clearly see.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He is. I have a lot of injuries...and I know a limp/stepping gingerly when I see it.

The "medical experts" previously mentioned? They get paid to say nothing when needed. They also don't speak of Zeke's personality disorder(s).

Let me provide examples:

At about 0:55....you are going to tell me that is NORMAL running for an NFL linebacker?
The narrator here is criticizing Jaylon's decision making...but I say that isn't just his brain. I say he knows he has to favor his step under certain situations. A hard plant and acceleration. Under other conditions, he doesn't have to.

I'm not an nfl LBer. but my busted up knee and severe hip arthritis has me mindful of certain moves. Jaylon reminds me of...me.

Here is another example:

at about 0:56, Jaylon has to drop back and you can see the hitch in his get along.
at about 3:22...he does a good job getting off the block...but he just will NOT plant that foot. Until he is good and ready. That puts him in compromise....imvho. He is a very gifted athlete...and hiding it well.

I don't understand why people ignore what is to me very glaring and obvious. I don't hate him for it....just noting what I can clearly see.

It certainly is unfortunate, but I suspect the drafting if Parsons and Cox are an indication that Jerry can see it too. Just a pity he was hasty extending Jaylon.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
LVE is Sean Leach's mini me.
tenor.gif

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You don't draft one year wonders unless you're starving for a QB. They took a chance on LVE and it didn't work out. Hopefully they've learned from their mistake.

Flamma

Reaction score
Or they can franchise him. This gives the FO lots of options.

Sure, none that end well. Right off the bat you're paying more than the amount you tried to avoid. So in hindsight you would have already made your first mistake.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sure, none that end well. Right off the bat you're paying more than the amount you tried to avoid. So in hindsight you would have already made your first mistake.

Good point. I wonder what other tag they could use if necessary. Doubt he'd take a one year deal. Either way. Looks like he won't be here next season.

Flamma

Reaction score
Good point. I wonder what other tag they could use if necessary. Doubt he'd take a one year deal. Either way. Looks like he won't be here next season.

The whole thing is, do you think he can stay healthy? If the answer is no, or probably not. I think you have to let him go. He's too young for this kind of trouble. Getting older rarely makes things better.

Cmac

Reaction score
I truly think LVEs issues are not physical more mental. He is a small town kid that got too much attention his rookie year. Then he plays next to that Hollywood Knucklehead and some of that went to his head too. He couldn’t handle it. Then he has to deal with a couple injuries. Too soft to come back from that stuff. He is staring at the end of his NFL career now. Great rookie season but he blew it. Now it is time to buck up or be out of the league. Let’s see if this guy has it in him. First thing I would tell him would be to stay far away from Jaylon Smith. That guy is a clown. Maybe latch on to Diggs to get some of that Bama work ethic. Bottom line there is no way he earned that 5th year.
Are you addressing LVE's situation, or taking a jab at Jaylon?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's funny I wasn't a fan of the pick at the time. We were in desperate need of a receiver and Ridley and Moore were staring us in the face. Then LVE had a great rookie year and thought wow we may have landed the best player in the draft and we got our receiver in Amari.

Wonder what would have happened if we drafted one of the receivers instead. Amari and LVE contributed a lot that year and doubt we would have made the playoffs without them. We would probably be picking in the middle of the draft in 2019, which wasn't a strong class in the middle of the draft. It worked out how it was intended and I hope LVE can turn back the clock to 2018 in 2021.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s awesome when his collarbone isn’t broken.

LOL........that was predictable. Once you said they were going reup his 5th year option it was set in stone they wouldnt it do. It was obvious they wouldnt anyway.

Once again you get it all wrong. Why should today be unlike any other day?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I truly think LVEs issues are not physical more mental. He is a small town kid that got too much attention his rookie year. Then he plays next to that Hollywood Knucklehead and some of that went to his head too. ....Jaylon Smith. That guy is a clown.

I dont think its all mental, he got injured and went IR , when he came back he was tentative and broke his collar bone and went away for few more . You cant help the club from Tub, so his fragility especially in such a demanding position is also an issue.

I agree on the Jaylon part.