14 penalties

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
LOL, most of those were just stupidity on our part like the Gallimore hands to the face on 3rd and 15. Why be that stupid there?

But the hold on Randy Gregory has to be one of the funniest things ever. People on twitter are saying that they've never seen that called before but we seem to love to be able to have penalties called on us that aren't called that often. Seems like a badge of honor for us.

Agreed. Collins and or Williams had holding penalties where they were simply beat. It happens.

But so many of these penalties were of the mind-numbing variety. Don’t deserve to win when you play like that.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
LOL, most of those were just stupidity on our part like the Gallimore hands to the face on 3rd and 15. Why be that stupid there?

But the hold on Randy Gregory has to be one of the funniest things ever. People on twitter are saying that they've never seen that called before but we seem to love to be able to have penalties called on us that aren't called that often. Seems like a badge of honor for us.

Surely looked like Gregory smiling too, Micah should've slapped him upside the head..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wait for what, they literally held the ball after the fake punt when we didnt change personel...explain that

Here's the explanation. Learn the rules.

RULE 5 PLAYERS, SUBSTITUTES, EQUIPMENT, GENERAL RULES
SECTION 2 SUBSTITUTES AND WITHDRAWN PLAYERS

ARTICLE 10. DEFENSIVE MATCHUPS FOLLOWING SUBSTITUTIONS. If a substitution is made by the offense, the offense shall not be permitted to snap the ball until the defense has been permitted to respond with its substitutions. While in the process of a substitution (or simulated substitution), the offense is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball in an obvious attempt to cause a defensive foul (i.e., too many men on the field). If the offense substitutes, the following
procedure will apply:

(a) The Umpire will stand over the ball until the Referee deems that the defense has had a reasonable time to complete its substitutions.

(b) If the offense snaps the ball before the defense has had an opportunity to complete its substitutions, and a defensive foul for too many players on the field results, no penalties will be enforced, except for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, and the down will be replayed. At this time, the Referee will notify the head coach that any further use of this tactic will result in a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. The game clock will be reset to the time remaining when the snap occurred, and the clock will start on the snap.

Note: The quick-snap rule does not apply after the two-minute warning of either half, or if there is not a substitution by the offense.

(c) On a fourth-down punting situation, the Referee and the Umpire will not allow a quick snap that prevents the defense from having a reasonable time to complete its substitutions. This applies throughout the entire game.

(d) If the play clock expires before the defense has completed its substitution, it is delay of game by the offense.

Knowing the refs hold up the offense so the defense can substitute, when it was obvious SF didn't panic, you run your regular offensive guys out there earlier. We did that at our own risk and it backfired.

CoachD

Reaction score
Yes, that’s exactly what I said.

Don’t know why you fail to see that.
Well if you agree with me God Bless because I said this game would come down to how many Cowboys penalties and it certainly did!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Don't be bitter. Y'all fools want so bad to blame the refs for our undisciplined, piss-poor effort but even the eternal whiners know that less penalties wouldn't have helped that effort. Y'all were praising the chosen ref crew earlier in the week but now I guess they're on the "baddie" list too, huh? Had a former Cowboy reffing to boot. No excuses.

Ooh i do blame the team, they came out flat, but when we had stops its funny how they always give 1st downs on defensive line holding....your lying to your slef sayng "thats a common call?...

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Lamb needs to learn how to get open. There were at LEAST 4 plays that Dak fired the ball 10 yards over CeeDee's head out of bounds because he had a DB pinned to his hip. Get open!

gnut629

Reaction score
Listen, Jimmy Johnson would absolutely cut players that were undisciplined. He absolutely would. These players don't have fear of that. Until the priority is set, it won't change.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ooh i do blame the team, they came out flat, but when we had stops its funny how they always give 1st downs on defensive line holding....your lying to your slef sayng "thats a common call?...

Were those defensive line holds legit or not? Gregory was a freakin' rodeo star on his.

And I know the next retort is ... "well it goes on all the time and they never call it." Produce video of it happening and not being called or pipe down on that victim nonsense.

lostar2009

Reaction score
The hold commited by Connor, Greogry dumb flags, Wilson stupid block in the back, Gillmore hands to the face. Man I can keep going on, these calls came at the worst time. Those was legit calls by the refs. Its just hard to overcome when you give teams fresh downs when you had them beat and the offense being back up 20 yards for a first down. The 49ers is not a bum team on D.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Well if you agree with me God Bless because I said this game would come down to how many Cowboys penalties and it certainly did!

I said that too. The key to the game was securing the ball and limiting our penalties.

We failed to do that.

San Fran proved they are the better team today. They deserve the win.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Son I've forgotten more football than you'll ever know and that's a fact, now take your blankie and head off to la la land.

Lol your a punk who has never played...its very apparent, please lets get into football knowledge..tell me the time you have seen defensive holding on the Dline ...lets hear this so i can laugh at you

CoachD

Reaction score
I said that too. The key to the game was securing the ball and limiting our penalties.

We failed to do that.

San Fran proved they are the better team today. They deserve the win.
I kind of disagree I said in the first half, that's right the first half that the Cowboys had NO business winning this game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

ARTICLE 10. DEFENSIVE MATCHUPS FOLLOWING SUBSTITUTIONS.
If a substitution is made by the offense, the offense shall not be permitted to snap the ball until the defense has been permitted to respond with its substitutions. While in the process of a substitution (or simulated substitution), the offense is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball in an obvious attempt to cause a defensive foul (i.e., too many men on the field). If the offense substitutes, the following
procedure will apply:

(a) The Umpire will stand over the ball until the Referee deems that the defense has had a reasonable time to complete its substitutions.

(b) If the offense snaps the ball before the defense has had an opportunity to complete its substitutions, and a defensive foul for too many players on the field results, no penalties will be enforced, except for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, and the down will be replayed. At this time, the Referee will notify the head coach that any further use of this tactic will result in a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. The game clock will be reset to the time remaining when the snap occurred, and the clock will start on the snap.

Note: The quick-snap rule does not apply after the two-minute warning of either half, or if there is not a substitution by the offense.

(c) On a fourth-down punting situation, the Referee and the Umpire will not allow a quick snap that prevents the defense from having a reasonable time to complete its substitutions. This applies throughout the entire game.

(d) If the play clock expires before the defense has completed its substitution, it is delay of game by the offense.

Knowing the refs hold up the offense so the defense can substitute, when it was obvious SF didn't panic, you run your regular offensive guys out there earlier. We did that at our own risk and it backfired.

I know the rule you idot now show me how much they call it, and how much they could...again Marcus you always miss this. I get the rules its just funny when they decide to call it...which you can never say anything about

CoachD

Reaction score
Lol your a punk who has never played...its very apparent, please lets get into football knowledge..tell me the time you have seen defensive holding on the Dline ...lets hear this so i can laugh at you
OK you're a JA and I'll leave it at that.

Adreme

Reaction score

ARTICLE 10. DEFENSIVE MATCHUPS FOLLOWING SUBSTITUTIONS.
If a substitution is made by the offense, the offense shall not be permitted to snap the ball until the defense has been permitted to respond with its substitutions. While in the process of a substitution (or simulated substitution), the offense is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball in an obvious attempt to cause a defensive foul (i.e., too many men on the field). If the offense substitutes, the following
procedure will apply:

I could have used that link to the rules in the gamethread as I was explaining it to people.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gregory is disproving pot is a remedy for glaucoma, he’s too blind to not line up offsides and he’s done it all season, many have not been called.

This is the Forrest Gump team, stupid is as stupid does.

Adreme

Reaction score
I know the rule you idot now show me how much they call it, and how much they could...again Marcus you always miss this. I get the rules its just funny when they decide to call it...which you can never say anything about

It was not about "deciding to call it" as there was nothing to call. The refs always allow the defense time to substitute but it is rarely something you notice because most coaches are not dumb enough to try and do a massive substitution was basically no time on the playclock.