2013 Broncos Game/1991 Falcons Game

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This was one of those rain games at Texas Stadium where the crown would make water pool.

Lots of fun.

Alexander

Reaction score
Beuerlein was a huge acquisition. Saved that 1991 season and gave us a fighting chance.

Aikman was an all-timer but he did get nicked a good bit.

Of course this was pre-salary cap. We went and got Bernie Kosar to help later.

Alexander

Reaction score
I forgot about the boost the crowd had when Johnston would stumble for 4 yards.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
I had to listen to the first game on the radio. Alexander Wright returned a kickoff for a TD. Emmitt won the rushing title and Irvin ended up leading the league in receiving yards. Both had big days.

Alexander

Reaction score
Jeez. Emmitt makes it look so easy. And it is definitely not just because he was running through huge holes.

Alexander

Reaction score
Ken Willis just shorted a kickoff, Deion Sanders took it and go promptly lit up by Bill Bates.

The Glanville Falcons were dirty as can be. Got eaten alive by penalties.

Alexander

Reaction score
Our secondary was awful at times that year. We did nail it the next year getting Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson and even Clayton Holmes to a lesser extent.

Alexander

Reaction score
I had to listen to the first game on the radio. Alexander Wright returned a kickoff for a TD. Emmitt won the rushing title and Irvin ended up leading the league in receiving yards. Both had big days.
Just saw the Wright TD.

That has to be one of the more awkward 103-yard KO TD returns I have ever seen.

He fielded the ball off to the side of his body and the Falcons guys looked confused, sort of stopped running like it was a touchback and then he had a running headstart to the 15, then saw a hole. Nobody anywhere near him the rest of the way.

Funny when you go back and watch critically, that was just a car wreck of a return and he really was not especially skilled. Arms and legs everywhere.

Alexander

Reaction score
And this was back when they allowed fan made banners on the side of the field. Big sheets with HAPPY 90th BiRTHdAY MEEmAW!!! LuV ALL YALL IN TExAS CiTy! on it.

Alexander

Reaction score
Tony Tolbert was really an underrated pass rusher. He did not always beat guys right off the snap, but he was excellent at recovering after they showed their set and countering.

Alexander

Reaction score
Irvin would just kill tight press coverage. Swipe and he was gone.