2017 Mel Kiper Invitational - Chat up

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@Risen Star, I'll make my pick before my time is up.

Have to take a quick trip, so just in case my turn comes up, wanted to let you know I'm gonna make my pick, still.

Plankton

Reaction score
I hate to break it to the Raiders, but Lowell Lotulelei is not in this draft.

This reminds me of the time that the Raiders drafted Eli Herring from BYU, when he said that he wasn't pursuing the NFL because he wanted to be a teacher. After the selection, he officially retired.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This reminds me of the time that the Raiders drafted Eli Herring from BYU, when he said that he wasn't pursuing the NFL because he wanted to be a teacher. After the selection, he officially retired.
This just told me that someone is using one of the garbage lists from Scouts Inc. that has like three or four underclassmen in it that did not officially get into this draft.

Quick, someone snatch up mega steals like Brian Allen, Jalen Hurd and Da'Shawn Hand while you still can

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
After looking at the results for the NFC East teams, it does not look like any of the teams were able to grab some of the special talents in this draft. In other words, if it happened in real life, I would not be soiling myself in terror.

Not that the mocked ones here didn't have very good players, but my biggest fear is teams like the Giants, Commanders or Eagles grab one of the top 5-8 true legit freakish players in this draft and nail real legit problem areas on their rosters.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After looking at the results for the NFC East teams, it does not look like any of the teams were able to grab some of the special talents in this draft. In other words, if it happened in real life, I would not be soiling myself in terror.

Not that the mocked ones here didn't have very good players, but my biggest fear is teams like the Giants, Commanders or Eagles grab one of the top 5-8 true legit freakish players in this draft and nail real legit problem areas on their rosters.

T. J. Watt will bust.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed. It was an "average" haul for all teams in the division IMO.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The true champion of today was you, Risen. Thank you, so much, for your tireless effort to help enhance this site.

Sincerely, brudda.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay. Please review your team listing in the team by team selections thread and make sure it's correct. This is what people look at when grading.

Send your grades in to me on a 1 to 10 scale. 1 being horrible, 10 being excellent. Keep in mind the ammo each GM had when we started. Who get the best value is the real determining factor in a grade.

Send those grades to me in a DM as well as who you thought was the biggest steal of the draft and also the biggest reach. Hopefully if everyone can do that by Friday I can post the report card over the weekend.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Okay. Please review your team listing in the team by team selections thread and make sure it's correct. This is what people look at when grading.

Send your grades in to me on a 1 to 10 scale. 1 being horrible, 10 being excellent. Keep in mind the ammo each GM had when we started. Who get the best value is the real determining factor in a grade.

Send those grades to me in a DM as well as who you thought was the biggest steal of the draft and also the biggest reach. Hopefully if everyone can do that by Friday I can post the report card over the weekend.

And, if I may piggyback off of your post, I made a "Mel Kiser Jr Invitational Self Analysis" thread.

Everyone feel free to post your analysis and explanation of your draft. It could give us some insight into your thought process, and might help us grade the drafts better.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot believe Kareem hunt didn't get picked, guy is a 3 down player, gonna go in round 3 for sure...