2018: 23 years old; 4 years; 60 Million; 45 GTD

Kaiser

Reaction score
With regards to Zeke, the Cowboys have him under contract for 2 more years.
  • He is currently 23 years old.
  • Many media and bloggers have analyzed the RB position relative to age.
  • History strongly points to age 28 as the beginning of decline for RBs on average.

That is a great point and one that a lot of people miss. Most RBs come into the league at age 22 or 23. Just to pick two examples at random, DeMarco Murray and David Johnson both came into the league at 23 and had declining stats starting at age 27.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
With regards to Zeke, the Cowboys have him under contract for 2 more years.
  • He is currently 23 years old.
  • Many media and bloggers have analyzed the RB position relative to age.
  • History strongly points to age 28 as the beginning of decline for RBs on average.
To address this specifically. Peak RB year is 27 from the research i've seen. So some would argue that we should sign Zeke to a big contract and that takes us to his year 27 age. Great!

Except ignore that his production can be mostly replaced at a fraction of the cost which could be used to retain/obtain talent elsewhere.

That's the 2nd prong of the argument.

A) RBs get hurt more than other postions.
B) RB production is most reliant on other players around them performing at a high level
C) You're able to repliate production cheaply which can be used elsewhere. When Zeke signs his signing bonus will be worth what 5x? 10x? what we paid Murray for 2016. IT's just wasteful and you're investing in a depreciating asset that has a much greater of getting injured relative to where you can otherwise invest.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not liking someone's post/point/opinion/argument does not make them a child. That's an incredibly.....childish worldview.

As is trying to insult a person by calling them a woman.

Grow up.

How about graphic aids?

iu

IceBowler

Reaction score
Elite RBs are not easily replaced. If they were every team would have one.

Lots of truth in your thought however, the condition of the OL factors heavily into whether or not an RB is, as you say ... "Elite."

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yeah you can just replace Emmitt on that 95 team without losing any production. --JK.

Zeke has the talent of a future HOF and Dak may just need that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess we have reached an impasse. The best thing we should do in real life as well as in football. Be honest with yourself. The Cowboys know Dak's shortcomings, its sad that some fans do not. He is a system QB, he will never be truly elite.
Prescott's shortcomings. Intermediate pass over the linebacker before the corner. But no people repeat what they hear and don't know what real issue is. Shortcomings every quarterback in the league has shortcomings. The kids are winter it isn't that what really counts

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess we have reached an impasse. The best thing we should do in real life as well as in football. Be honest with yourself. The Cowboys know Dak's shortcomings, its sad that some fans do not. He is a system QB, he will never be truly elite.
What is Elite Tom Brady and that's it. People use the word to quickly. This is a team sport Elite. LOL means nothing. Camaraderie teamwork. That's how you win football games. If only people really understood

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Grow up.

Disagree. We are a much better team with Ramsey (among others) and no Zeke. We'd still have an upper echelon rushing attack without Zeke. We'd be immeasurably better in the secondary with Ramsey though.

You should consult a dictionary. This is embarrassing.
Totally agree Ramsey should have been our pick

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously you didn't absorb one point I was trying to make. There's a reason why we played Smash Mouth football did you even bother thinking about that. Or do you just want to put Prescott down

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His presence wouldn't have translated to more wins than Zeke's presence.
Ezekiel Elliott is a unique football player without a doubt current but he has not put a complete season together mentally or physically.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His presence wouldn't have translated to more wins than Zeke's presence.
I don't think it would have changed our position much either way. I think he would have been more valuable in the playoffs. But you never know it's just speculation in my opinion was I would have taken Ramsey.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't think it would have changed our position much either way. I think he would have been more valuable in the playoffs. But you never know it's just speculation in my opinion was I would have taken Ramsey.
Right on my friend. No worries. I dig your opinion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're strictly going to the point of who you would have taken Ramsey or Elliott that's another discussion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mike position on Elliot is his mental status does not match to his physical qualities. But who's perfect right LOL. I can't stand it takes himself out of the games. We get to the Red Zone when we need him most and he is a bit gassed he needs a break. But that's on coaching not having a reliable backup. Her rotational running back. As much as I like Rod Smith. I think we did well in this year's draft we have a running back . going to be a pretty good kick returner

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This idea that we won games only because of Zeke and having an elite CB is less impactful than an elite RB I just disagree.

Pretending we would also have just stood pat at RB makes no sense. We would have filled Zeke's production cheaply in vet FA or later in the draft and still have ran down people's throats.