2018 Cowboys UDFA thread

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s all about these guys finding a place that they can compete and win jobs.

A RB isn’t coming in here and beating out Zeke, Smith, Austin and Bo.

Only positions I see a guy making the squad would be DT, FS, LB, Dime CB. Everything else is a log jam.

Not so sure about Bo...maybe he is the next Darrius Jackson....:muttley:....

Going to get blasted for that one, but couldn't resist...:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arrion Springs - DB - Cowboys
Cowboys signed Oregon CB Arrion Springs.

Springs (5’11/208) was a three-year starter in the Ducks’ secondary, tallying 44 career pass breakups with two interceptions and three forced fumbles. Springs earned PFF College’s No. 7 cornerback grade in all of Division I last year and allowed a stingy 40.6% completion rate when targeted. Although he showed plus long speed (4.46) at Oregon’s Pro Day, Springs struggled in other athletic testing. Not flashy but a consistent executor, Springs offers some dart-throw appeal with an underrated resume.

Could be the next Terrance Mitchell. I really like this kid as the 4th CB

With this signing and if all the others are correct. To my count we have 88 players, so 2 open spots.
However the 9 draft picks are not officially signed, so do not count against the roster yet. So technically they can sign 11 more before the cut down as they sign / start of TC.

Also expect about 15 to 20 rookie camp invitee's to try to earn a spot to be signed. We usually get a few that impresses that they sign.
Last year I believe QB Dysert was one of them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Springs (5’11/208) was a three-year starter in the Ducks’ secondary, tallying 44 career pass breakups with two interceptions and three forced fumbles. Springs earned PFF College’s No. 7 cornerback grade in all of Division I last year and allowed a stingy 40.6% completion rate when targeted. Although he showed plus long speed (4.46) at Oregon’s Pro Day, Springs struggled in other athletic testing. Not flashy but a consistent executor, Springs offers some dart-throw appeal with an underrated resume.

He signed with the Chiefs from other reports I have seen.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

aarion springs signed with kcity, but we signed tyree robinson , we also signed hearns linebacker from iowa

RandyOh

Reaction score
Wish he would have gotten DT Tyler Lancaster. Has elite strength and leverage. was the main reason Northwestern was top 10 in run defense. No pass rush ability tho. We didn't go after him. Who am i kidding.

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We are? When did this come about?

On Neal? There was a thread about it a couple of days ago.

I don't think he has much of a chance to make the roster at fullback, but because of his size, he didn't really stand a great shot at making it at DT either. I like him and thought he had earned a roster spot last year, but his size is a much better fit for fullback.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On Neal? There was a thread about it a couple of days ago.

I don't think he has much of a chance to make the roster at fullback, but because of his size, he didn't really stand a great shot at making it at DT either. I like him and thought he had earned a roster spot last year, but his size is a much better fit for fullback.

Thanks. I missed that thread.
Yes he was one of those guys as to where does he fit in, DT or even DE. I liked him as well, and thought he had a good motor to play his best.

But now, he and players like Ross and maybe even Ash will have to be lights out the make the 53.
We do need someone to compete at FB though Olawale pretty much has that spot.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I saw this on 247 is it accurate

Jake Campos (OL) - Iowa State

Dalton Sturm (QB) - University of San Antonio

Marchie Murdock (WR) - Iowa State

David Wells (TE) - San Diego State

Malik Earl (WR) - Missouri State

Donovan Olumba (CB) - Portland State

Jashon Robertson (OL) - Tennessee

Kameron Kelly (DB) - San Diego State

Charvarius Ward (CB) - Middle Tennessee State

Joel Lanning (LB) - Iowa State

DeQuinton Osborne (DT) - Oklahoma State

Jordan Chunn (RB) - Troy

Bryce Johnson (OL) - St. Cloud State

Kyle Queiro (LB/S) - Northwestern

Ed Shockley (LB) - Villanova

I think Cowboys will be shopping from their favorite player stores after cutdowns:

New England Patriots
Seattle Seahawks
Oakland Raiders
Minnesota Vikings
Cleveland Browns

Keep an eye on the above rosters as we should see some of those guys on Dallas roster before regular season.

Hope they add Eagles and Titans to their list of favorites.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
aarion springs signed with kcity, but we signed tyree robinson , we also signed hearns linebacker from iowa

He did sign with KC. This was the tweet where Rotoworld got their info that was posted. Not sure how they could mess it up but they did. Great job Rotoworld:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not sure if the mods are making an official thread. Have any been signed?

Mod edit to show list

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/28/17293694/nfl-draft-udfa-signings-tracker-results-2018

Dallas Cowboys

Jake Campos, OL, Iowa State
Jordan Chunn, RB, Troy
Malik Earl, WR, Missouri State
Bryce Johnson, OL, St. Cloud State
Kameron Kelly, S, SDSU
Joel Lanning, LB, Iowa State
Marchie Murdock, WR, Iowa State
Donvan Olumba, CB, Portland
DeQuinton Osborne, DT, Oklahoma Staet
Kyle Queiro, DB, Northwestern
Jashon Robertson, OL, Tennessee
Ed Shockley, LB, Villanova
Dalton Sturm, QB, UTSA
Charvarius Ward, CB, Middle Tennessee State
David Wells, TE, San Diego State

Good list so far. I'm glad to see that Kameron Kelly is here. I thought he was underrated during the draft process. Hopefully, Pumba gets signed by us soon as well.