2019 Mel Kiper Jr. Invitational Grades

Johnny23

Reaction score
I think my grade is bogus because Cody Ford's a gamer and has been evaluated as a starter with his draft grade. I like Jonah Williams but like Ford a little better. I feel like the underwear Olympics clouds people's judgment.

Pape

Reaction score
I think my grade is bogus because Cody Ford's a gamer and has been evaluated as a starter with his draft grade. I like Jonah Williams but like Ford a little better. I feel like the underwear Olympics clouds people's judgment.
No guts no glory... make your picks based on what you think is right... next year if cody is a 16 game starter, you win... if not, no big deal.... fwiw, i liked your draft

Like my draft last year... tore the roof off with my second round pick... but my first round pick was so bad i should have gotten a big fat F ... live and learn... i have fun working this mock.... and i learn a ton about prospects... makes it a win win

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Thought they did pretty well with their limited resources.

Not many people factor in the ammo the GM started with.

It's too easy to say Oakland added the most talent. Of course they did, they had 3 first round picks.

Johnny23

Reaction score
No guts no glory... make your picks based on what you think is right... next year if cody is a 16 game starter, you win... if not, no big deal.... fwiw, i liked your draft

Like my draft last year... tore the roof off with my second round pick... but my first round pick was so bad i should have gotten a big fat F ... live and learn... i have fun working this mock.... and i learn a ton about prospects... makes it a win win
agreed. In my gut I felt it was right to take a tackle who could protect my franchise QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
agreed. In my gut I felt it was right to take a tackle who could protect my franchise QB.
Did you try to trade down?
Could have gotten him and another late 1st rounder, quite possibly...for the price of the 5th overall pick.

Anyway, stick to your guns. If you like that much, go for it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Wouldn't shock me to see him end up @ guard. He's 6'4....and there isn't many 6'4 tackles in the league.:rolleyes:

tm1119

Reaction score
I agree. Thought they did pretty well with their limited resources.

The limited resources were the gm’s own doing though. I gave the bengals a low grade because the idea of the Bengals trading up for a LB is a little crazy to me. White is a hell of a prospect, but I don’t see him making a significant overall impact on a team that can’t win playoff games.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The limited resources were the gm’s own doing though. I gave the bengals a low grade because the idea of the Bengals trading up for a LB is a little crazy to me. White is a hell of a prospect, but I don’t see him making a significant overall impact on a team that can’t win playoff games.
I agree on that

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see why you would penalize a GM for picking a team short on draft picks. It's about what you do with whatever picks you start off with. Anybody can select a team with extra picks. That doesn't take skill.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Having the 49'ers in the two slot was problematic as no one wanted to trade up to a premium pick.
I thought the 49'ers needed more picks. And more help.
I sent out 4 PM's to trade partners but no one traded.

I took the players available that were positions of need close to where their relative value fell.