News: 2019 NFL mock drafts: 2019 class is loaded on the defensive side of the ball

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
6.5 sacks on injury shortened season is nothing? And Jack is not injured.

He MAY become injured. Jaylon IS injured.

I guess that's a no...so why are you discussing players you haven't even seen?

I have watched the Jags play. But that is beside the point. Very convenient of you to always change topic when you are unable to support your stance.

You are a con man and any dialog with is wasted. You are just one of those posters, my bad for engaging in the first place.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have watched the Jags play. But that is beside the point. Very convenient of you to always change topic when you are unable to support your stance.

You are a con man and any dialog with is wasted. You are just one of those posters, my bad for engaging in the first place.
I'm one of those posters that challenges you to back your opinion up? That holds you accountable for the drivel that comes out of your mouth? That happens to disagree with you? Why? Because your word is gospel? Get over yourself man.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I'm one of those posters that challenges you to back your opinion up? That holds you accountable for the drivel that comes out of your mouth? That happens to disagree with you? Why? Because your word is gospel? Get over yourself man.

How do I back up the "opinion" that Jaylon was injured in 2016 and still not fully healthy in 2017?? Or that Myles Jack is NOT injured.

This is not opinion, this is FACT. You are the one trying to advance your narrative based on your opinion. Even you cannot be so ignorant to dispute that one player is/was injured while the other was not. Yet you continue to do so, so perhaps I am giving you too much credit.

Adios.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How do I back up the "opinion" that Jaylon was injured in 2016 and still not fully healthy in 2017?? Or that Myles Jack is NOT injured.

This is not opinion, this is FACT. You are the one trying to advance your narrative based on your opinion. Even you cannot be so ignorant to dispute that one player is/was injured while the other was not. Yet you continue to do so, so perhaps I am giving you too much credit.

Adios.
My original point before it got sidetracked was how can one want a player who has a degenerative knee and may have a short career over one that may never fulfill his potential due to his drop foot. You are arguing one over the other.

CapnB

Reaction score
Which means we will draft a TE in the first rd next year.

CapnB

Reaction score

Saw this yesterday floating around. And I was just blown away at how easily he moved for a man his size. I still cant believe he chose to go to Univ. of Hou. but even his freshman year he was a beast. He will go top 10 easily. If not number 1 overall.

Reactions: BAT

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday floating around. And I was just blown away at how easily he moved for a man his size. I still cant believe he chose to go to Univ. of Hou. but even his freshman year he was a beast. He will go top 10 easily. If not number 1 overall.
He's a more aggressive Aaron Donald. I'll get to go to some Houston practies this year...can't wait to see Oliver up close.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon Smith accomplished NOTHING his rookie year. And then accomplished next to nothing his second year, supposedly healthy.

Anyone remember Ron Leary? He is still playing and playing extremely well YEARS after he was diagnose with his "potential" for injury.
Jaylon was expected to miss his rookie season and perhaps get on the field his 2nd season. He wasn't "supposedly healthy" when last season started so I don't know where that is coming from. He played pretty well down the stretch.

Leary went on IR last year. Still battling injuries. He was playing just OK not well or extremely well.

DanA

Reaction score
I think if Jack's knee held up for four years he was always going to be the better value pick. People talk about Jaylon long term but once the rookie contract is up you're paying full price for a player. To me, the smarter move was to go Myles Jack simply because there was the possibility to get four years out of him, Jaylon was never going to be more than 2 proper years at his peak.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jaylon was expected to miss his rookie season and perhaps get on the field his 2nd season. He wasn't "supposedly healthy" when last season started so I don't know where that is coming from. He played pretty well down the stretch.

Leary went on IR last year. Still battling injuries. He was playing just OK not well or extremely well.

So was Jaylon injured last season or not? He definitely was not 100%. Myles Jack was 100% his rook season and 2nd year.

Leary played just fine his entire career with the Cowboys including his rookie season. His presence was definitely missed in Dallas and what was the BEST OL in pro football. More importantly, Leary did not go on IR because of his "potentially chronically degenerative knee condition". He hurt his back.

You have completely missed the point being made.