2019 Schedule Leaks

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We have a schedule of 16 games. We have to play them all at some point. It doesn't make a difference to me whom our opener is against. Of course the order matters in terms of you'd rather have tougher road games earlier and colder area road games earlier. I get why some could get tired of the Giants game always being the first or second game and at home usually but the ratings say people love it. I think our games with the Giants are always the most entertaining out of our East rivals. They aren't the best team but the games are always the most fun.

And it's not like we blow them away even with the better team.

Matt

Reaction score
I thought we rotate thanksgiving with an nfc and afc opponent?

Should be afc this year..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Going to the season opener in Dallas has become a family tradition.... and damn if I am tired of seeing the Giants.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are there black helicopters circling over your house right now? You do realize we had an easier schedule than the Gnats last year and they only won 3 or 4 games the year before? We also chose to play the Thanksgiving Day game and there was a several page thread laughing at the Eagles fans for complaining about wanting to change that. So other then picking the worst team in the league to play us (as opposed to the Rams which is much better for ratings and more exciting) the Sunday before Thanksgiving, how else are they “putting it to us”?
Your intent seems to be consistently bringing opposition and angst to this site.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Well at least the coverage of the Thanksgiving game is wrong because it is CBS turn. The only way the Rams are playing on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys is if the Rams don't have at least 2 games covered by CBS (theory).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well at least the coverage of the Thanksgiving game is wrong because it is CBS turn. The only way the Rams are playing on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys is if the Rams don't have at least 2 games covered by CBS (theory).

They eliminated the AFC / NFC on CBS and FOX some time ago. It can be a NFC on CBS now.
Depends on the matchups later in the season, they will change up the Sunday games. Most likely it would be Bills or Dolphins, but don't be surprised it is an NFC team. But doubtful the Rams, as that will be a Sunday afternoon, if not a Sunday night game. The T-Day game will get ratings regardless of the team.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
They eliminated the AFC / NFC on CBS and FOX some time ago. It can be a NFC on CBS now.
Depends on the matchups later in the season, they will change up the Sunday games. Most likely it would be Bills or Dolphins, but don't be surprised it is an NFC team. But doubtful the Rams, as that will be a Sunday afternoon, if not a Sunday night game. The T-Day game will get ratings regardless of the team.
I know they got rid of it but I think teams still have to be broadcasted by the other networks at least 2 games. If you look at the Cowboys for example, they have been broadcasted by CBS at least twice a year. If you go back last year, CBS broadcasted the Cowboys Commanders because the Cowboys didn't have an AFC opponent to play on CBS. So, CBS took one of their NFC opponents to broadcast.

I believe it was set up so we have more afc/nfc matchups on ESPN and NBC. But if you really calculate the entire NFL schedule. CBS does broadcast at least 2 games from each NFC team and FOX does the same for the AFC teams no matter who that team play against.

aria

Reaction score
I just said why, pretty unbalanced to start 3 of 4 on the road and in years past like mentioned , I like the TG day game but its crazy how they started having us play that sunday NIGHT game right before a Thursday then this new trend of another Thursday back to back before the reprieve.. it was NEVER like this before, it was a sunday noon game, TG day and then 10days off..now its hey why dont we let you beat yourself up Sunday night play 3pm Thursday and another Thursday.. our schedule before last year was looked at as tough, as season unfolds that changes..we are typically handed the toughest schedules in the league regardless of record the prior year and I see that as unfair..

no black helicopter but the suspension to zeke and seemingly unfair punishment handed out to us vs the rest of the league is enough to let blind person see the Cowboys are targeted good or bad more then the rest of the league.
Zeke aside you would have to be blind to think we’re the only ones who get screwed in some way. How do you think Pats fans feel about Brady being suspended for 6 games for something as petty as deflating a football by a couple psi? If that happened to us all hell would break loose with how Goodell hates us, Mara is pulling all the strings, the league doesn’t want us to win (which may be the most ridiculous theory) and we’re always the victims.

Do you ever look at other teams and see how they’re treated? You can sit there and cherry pick a couple instances, flags, penalties, non calls, etc but overall there is zero evidence to back up that we’re being “targeted”. I guess the Saints fans have nothing to complain about either or the Chargers fans missing out on the playoffs a few years ago because Ed Hochuli botched a call or why did the Giants have the least amount of days off between games 2 years ago and payed more teams coming off a bye week then any other team? I though Goodell and Mara were besties, why was one of those teams the Dallas Cowboys who had ten days rest? Why did the Giants also have 3 of their first 4 games in the road? Here’s some reference, I would love to hear how on earth this could happen to anyone but us.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...dest-least-rest-friendly-in-the-NFL-52462813/

Please just stop with your flawed “poor us” logic...because there isn’t any.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fake... lol. Good. I like the traditional teams we play for Thanksgiving...