Dolphins
Rams

Away
Bears
Lions
Patriots
Jets
Saints

Not doing any predictions just looking at who we play and some interesting matchups.

Both SB teams. The Saints who most believe should of been in SB. Bears another playoff team. Packers are always a hated team for me at least could be interesting I’m dating a Packers fan so that’s a must win game. Might open up Thursday night in NE. Probably looking at several SNF games. Lots of interesting Turkey Day games Packers or Rams would be my top choices.

What are your thoughts?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
OK, I'll be your Huckleberry, simply to venture a guesstimate that said schedule may see the Cowboys with an 8-8 record at year's end.

That is, assuming that it'll be in keeping with our habit of following a good year with one doomed to finish in the throes of mediocrity! o_O

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Looks tough at the moment, though Brees and Brady are really old, football-wise, they could either or both go out with an injury at any time, even though they've both been extremely durable. Packers have a new coach, many times that means the team falls off for a year or so while they get accustomed to the new coach. What if Wentz can't come back from the back problems? Not much faith Foles can play well an entire season.

Just saying it's a tough schedule based on what the opponents did last year doesn't always hold for this year.

And I still think, IF the Cowboys can stay fairly healthy, get Frederick back and Moore/Kitna fix a few problem areas, the Cowboys could be pretty good, especially defensively. One good team can beat another good team any week...

Prime21

Reaction score
We should do well in division again.

Skins/Giants both have QB issues.

Eagles are in cap hell. Wentz is injury prone. Even if they want to keep Foles around they might not be able to afford it.

Should be 5-1 or 4-2 in division. It will only take 5 or 6 more wins to make playoffs and probably win the NFC East.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Even if they want to keep Foles around they might not be able to afford it.

Depends on Wentz' back. If there's any real chance his back will be a chronic problem, Iggles might pony up the $20 mil or so it'd take to keep him. Several teams would take a chance on a SB winning quarterback, even one with a somewhat checkered history as Foles, so his market value is pretty high I would think...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Depends on Wentz' back. If there's any real chance his back will be a chronic problem, Iggles might pony up the $20 mil or so it'd take to keep him. Several teams would take a chance on a SB winning quarterback, even one with a somewhat checkered history as Foles, so his market value is pretty high I would think...

If they kept 20 mil to keep them that would hurt them very badly. They have WAY too many other players to pay that help make that team.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If they kept 20 mil to keep them that would hurt them very badly. They have WAY too many other players to pay that help make that team.

Right, but the NFL's history is littered with teams that make dumb moves. But let's say Wentz' back problems have a fairly good chance of making him miss more games, if they don't keep Foles, who's going to play quarterback for the Iggles? Sudfeld? He's totally unproven.

We'll see...

Sydla

Reaction score
Home and away with
Eagles
Giants
Commanders

Home
Packers
Vikings
Bills
Dolphins
Rams

Away
Bears
Lions
Patriots
Jets
Saints

Not doing any predictions just looking at who we play and some interesting matchups.

Both SB teams. The Saints who most believe should of been in SB. Bears another playoff team. Packers are always a hated team for me at least could be interesting I’m dating a Packers fan so that’s a must win game. Might open up Thursday night in NE. Probably looking at several SNF games. Lots of interesting Turkey Day games Packers or Rams would be my top choices.

What are your thoughts?

Split with Philly. Split with either Giants or Skins, sweep the other. 4-2 in division.

Home games - I see 3-2 (Rams loss and then either Vikes or Packers)

Road games - 2-3 (Losses at Saints, Pats and Bears)

9-7...............

Sydla

Reaction score

They don't have the cap space to fill all holes AND carry Foles.

Plus, they likely wouldn't be carrying Foles at $20MM. That's just the option amount which he will surely buy out based on all reports. The Eagles would then have to tag him at around $25MM.

His market value is also depressed because teams know the Eagles can't carry him for a season on the tag amount.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They don't have the cap space to fill all holes AND carry Foles.

Plus, they likely wouldn't be carrying Foles at $20MM. That's just the option amount which he will surely buy out based on all reports. The Eagles would then have to tag him at around $25MM.

His market value is also depressed because teams know the Eagles can't carry him for a season on the tag amount.

Really depends on how much the Iggles value Foles if Wentz' back is or could be an issue. And maybe Foles doesn't want to leave philly? He'd have a pretty good team around him, whereas if he goes to a rebuilding team he'd have to deal with that.

Oh well, I really don't care what the Iggles do anyway!

Sydla

Reaction score
Really depends on how much the Iggles value Foles if Wentz' back is or could be an issue. And maybe Foles doesn't want to leave philly? He'd have a pretty good team around him, whereas if he goes to a rebuilding team he'd have to deal with that.

Oh well, I really don't care what the Iggles do anyway!

The only other option is then carry Foles and move Wentz. They can't have both on the roster next year, especially from a salary cap perspective. They would be over the cap if they kept Foles and they still have a ton of key players out there like Darby and Graham and Hicks that are FAs. They won't be able to bring those guys back unless they start cutting and restructuring other key guys.

And Foles wants to get paid. He's not going to sign back in Philly for backup money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It does. There are some quality teams on that list. Both Super Bowl participants, and the team that should have been there. And the NFC North nearly put two teams in the playoffs and I expect Rodgers and the Packers to bounce back.
:omg:
Yeah you can never count Rodgers out. If the Cowboys start off 3-5....that may be it this year.

Good thing about a tough schedule is it preps you for the post season.