2020 potential out of Tyron Smith contract

ejthedj

Reaction score
Tackle is a definite need this offseason. Maybe #1. We have to get a swing tackle. Preferably a young one who could replace Collins in 2020, which means we likely need two tackles in the next two years

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Tackle is a definite need this offseason. Maybe #1. We have to get a swing tackle. Preferably a young one who could replace Collins in 2020, which means we likely need two tackles in the next two years

In a perfect world a bigger, stronger Connor Williams is the answer at right tackle. Then we can move Collins to guard or simply move on.

And the Cowboys will need a swing tackle again, unless they think Parker Ehinger can be that guy. Dallas traded for him last September but he hurt his knee at his first practice with the team. He used to start for the Chiefs, but I think it was at guard.

exciter

Reaction score
Another lie. Get lost troll.
Lol! I give my opinion that Tyron's demise is greatly exaggerated, a belief espoused by numerous others on the same thread and I'm a lieing troll! Mom pull you off the teat too early this morning?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In a perfect world a bigger, stronger Connor Williams is the answer at right tackle. Then we can move Collins to guard or simply move on.

And the Cowboys will need a swing tackle again, unless they think Parker Ehinger can be that guy. Dallas traded for him last September but he hurt his knee at his first practice with the team. He used to start for the Chiefs, but I think it was at guard.
Leave LCollins at RT....use CWilliams as ST and let Looney and Filo handle LG

Draft a solid OL and sign a cheap vet for LT insurance

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love the guy but his career is at a point where we can no longer expect 16 games. As you can see from Spotrac, 2020 is the first year of his deal where can either release him or ask for a pay cut with min dead cap. With that said, if a possible replacement is there at 58, I'd pull the trigger. Hell, with Collins being 2020 free agent, both tackle positions can get interesting after next season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tyron-smith-7724/

I'd certainly be open to drafting an offensive tackle at pick #58. Regardless of how anyone feels about Tyron Smith either way, the team needs another offensive tackle. Smith has missed games for the past several years and Collins has yet to be the right tackle we'd hoped, and his contract expires after 2019. To say nothing of the fact that swing tackle Fleming is a free agent. We could certainly use an offensive tackle.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, it wasn't. Stop posting myths - we were middle of the pack despite a banged up left tackle and missing Frederick and having a rotating RG position.
Giving up 56 sacks and tied for 4th most holding penalties is not average.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Again, "penalties" do not give context - having a QB who was near the top of the league in terms of having time to throw - how exactly is that bottom tier? Lineman can't hold off defensive players forever, holds will happen when a derpy QB can't get through his reads quick enough.

On deep analytical sites, our line is ranked around 14-15. Again, that's with rotating lineman, one battling injury, and missing Frederick.

"One of the worst" is simply pulling out of your butt and incredibly lazy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dak takes a lot of sacks himself

He doesn't throw INTs and waits too long to run

The OL was banged up but far from one of the worst in the league

We were one of the top Offenses in the League once we got ACooper

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak takes a lot of sacks himself

He doesn't throw INTs and waits too long to run

The OL was banged up but far from one of the worst in the league

We were one of the top Offenses in the League once we got ACooper

Top 5? Top 10? And by what measure? PPG?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You do realize our o line was one of the worst in the league right?
Please back up this statement with anything outside of the number of sacks Dak took. You can't expect to hold the ball for 5 seconds in this league and not take some sacks.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Please back up this statement with anything outside of the number of sacks Dak took. You can't expect to hold the ball for 5 seconds in this league and not take some sacks.
I believe they came out and said Dak was responsible for 14 sacks. So the o line gave up 41 sacks on its own which is more than romo was ever sacked. But you romosexuals will say he was running for his life all the time. Also when you go to a wr committee approach and no1 is open what was he supposed to do? Throw picks?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Again, "penalties" do not give context - having a QB who was near the top of the league in terms of having time to throw - how exactly is that bottom tier? Lineman can't hold off defensive players forever, holds will happen when a derpy QB can't get through his reads quick enough.

On deep analytical sites, our line is ranked around 14-15. Again, that's with rotating lineman, one battling injury, and missing Frederick.

"One of the worst" is simply pulling out of your butt and incredibly lazy.
Worse than any line romo had to play behind.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I believe they came out and said Dak was responsible for 14 sacks. So the o line gave up 41 sacks on its own which is more than romo was ever sacked. But you romosexuals will say he was running for his life all the time. Also when you go to a wr committee approach and no1 is open what was he supposed to do? Throw picks?
What does responsible mean? Does that include times when he held the ball too long? Didn't step up into the pocket? Obviously, if someone comes through unblocked and is hitting you before you can even look at your WR then that's not on Dak.

Dak is a mobile QB. If no one is open he has options. Run the ball. Throw it away. Throw someone open. It's not just, "Oh well, no one is open. I guess I'll lay down."

And your "Worse than any line romo had to play behind." Just lol.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What does responsible mean? Does that include times when he held the ball too long? Didn't step up into the pocket? Obviously, if someone comes through unblocked and is hitting you before you can even look at your WR then that's not on Dak.

Dak is a mobile QB. If no one is open he has options. Run the ball. Throw it away. Throw someone open. It's not just, "Oh well, no one is open. I guess I'll lay down."

And your "Worse than any line romo had to play behind." Just lol.
You and @mattjames2010 have pretty poor reading comprehension. They looked at every sack Dak took, all 56 of them. And concluded that on 14 of them he could have done something to avoid the sack. Either throw it away, move up in the pocket, scramble a different direction, get rid of the ball etc. So 41 of them are strictly on the offensive line. Which is more than Romo was ever sacked in a season and I'm sure he was responsible for a few sacks as well, considering the average for a QB is 6.