2020 Pro Bowl

ksadler1

Reaction score
The first play I saw was Zeke running up the middle for about 3 yards and getting hugged (best way I can describe it), not tackled. I totally understand injury concerns, but if they're going to show crap like that then they just need to simply name the pro-bowl players and hand out checks. That was a less physical flag football game yesterday. I didn't watch it last year. Was it as bad then? Time to stick a fork in the pro-bowl game and just have an hour show showing highlights of the pro-bowl players best plays of the year.

On a side note, how many of you guys remember S Roy Williams lighting up a WR on a deep crossing route during the pro-bowl years ago. Pissed a lot of players off but the fans got a kick out of it...

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
its an awful game for football fans, they need to figure out a way to change the format or just do away with it
Back when I first started watching the Cowboys..

the Pro Bowl had some meaning.

I think the winners won like $10,000 per player on the winning team.

Real blocking, tackling, the whole shebang.

In 1965 for the first time we sent a good handful of players and as a youngster just learning to follow the game..

It was great to learn the other great players and compare our guys.

I also saw our first playoff game called the "The Runner Up Bowl" or something like that.

It was against the Colts I believe who won.

It was my first real interest in post-season football. This is where our team's first national attention started.

So it was alot different then and what made it relevant was $10,000 was real money in 1965.

Make the winners take another weekly paycheck and then real football will break out.

Maybe in a way this will happen.

There seems to be some interest in reducing the pre-season from 5 to 3 games..

and extending the season from16 to 18 when the new labor contract is done.

That makes alot of sense.

I also would like to see another weekend of playoffs. Include that and more fans will watch for playoff reasons.

We will see..

EST_1986

Reaction score
Back when I first started watching the Cowboys..

the Pro Bowl had some meaning.

I think the winners won like $10,000 per player on the winning team.

Real blocking, tackling, the whole shebang.

In 1965 for the first time we sent a good handful of players and as a youngster just learning to follow the game..

It was great to learn the other great players and compare our guys.

I also saw our first playoff game called the "The Runner Up Bowl" or something like that.

It was against the Colts I believe who won.

It was my first real interest in post-season football. This is where our team's first national attention started.

So it was alot different then and what made it relevant was $10,000 was real money in 1965.

Make the winners take another weekly paycheck and then real football will break out.

Maybe in a way this will happen.

There seems to be some interest in reducing the pre-season from 5 to 3 games..

and extending the season from16 to 18 when the new labor contract is done.

That makes alot of sense.

I also would like to see another weekend of playoffs. Include that and more fans will watch for playoff reasons.

We will see..

oh I’m sure those old school players were out there playing two hand touch in pads like the current days plays. Since I’ve followed football the Pro Bowl has been a joke outside of Sean Taylor vs Brad Mooreman.

Honestly these guys make so much money now that a one game money prize would have to be astronomical for them to take it serious. The injury risk in football is just too high.